Talked to Valve employee

silent

Reaction score
I talked to valve employee and graphic artist Dhahib Eng earlier today and man, this guy wouldn't say shit. I meant to call him to ask him about how he got started in graphic art, but I froze and like a drone asked about halflife2 a million times. He said only this "I don't feel like i'm able to answer that question." Now Dhabih is a great guy. He sounded completely calm as if nothing was wrong. He in fact sounded bored and said "Sorry, I have to get back to work." Pretty wierd. Sounded like a drone. I live right next to Valve's head offices and am going to see if i can go in there and see stuff. Plus, when i'm bored it's great to see everyone shuffle to work in the god early hours.. Stalking? me? Nah... Just crazy.

I find it hard to believe you live right beside Valve offices. That info just hits me weird...and.....um.....how can one live right beside an office building like that? I doubt the valve offices are in a rural area. I mean, why would an office be anywhere near a house? I live like 10 mins away from Nintendo office but its by the freeway and surrounded by other buildings. Whatever. I'm just tired of BS lies. Maybe you're not lying but this just strikes me as....false....

Originally posted by carloschingarlo
I find it hard to believe you live right beside Valve offices. That info just hits me weird...and.....um.....how can one live right beside an office building like that? I doubt the valve offices are in a rural area. I mean, why would an office be anywhere near a house? I live like 10 mins away from Nintendo office but its by the freeway and surrounded by other buildings. Whatever. I'm just tired of BS lies. Maybe you're not lying but this just strikes me as....false....

Offices in Bellevue WA... i in Bellevue Wa... Try to connect those two.

Maybe he lives in an appartment building?...... Not everyone can afford to live in their own house.

Actually i live with my parents, but I live about 3 minutes from the office.

Originally posted by silent
Now Dhabih is a great guy. He sounded completely calm as if nothing was wrong. He in fact sounded bored and said "Sorry, I have to get back to work." Pretty wierd. Sounded like a drone.
Have you ever worked in an office? It's hardly glitz and glamour, and these guys are probably being put through some pretty rough paces. Not to mention that if you steered the entire conversation toward HL2 he probably figured you weren't really interested in graphic art at all and were just another fan tricking their way into getting information.
I live right next to Valve's head offices and am going to see if i can go in there and see stuff. Plus, when i'm bored it's great to see everyone shuffle to work in the god early hours.. Stalking? me? Nah... Just crazy.
So you... watch people go to work, huh? Man, pick another form of recreation, because that'll be you someday.

The folks at Valve are probably gunshy about letting anyone anywhere near the office now. They'll be especially hesitant if they've seen how poorly the last time they were nice turned out. Spitcodfry is shamelessly seeking (and probably playing) the Beta after they treated him so kindly.

I just sent that helpvalve e-mail address about 10 links to torrent sites wit hthe HL2 source, the HL2 beta, the HL2 beta patch and the Nvidia 50 Detonator beta drivers...

I hope they send me a free HL2 voucher! Supposedly they have rewarded some people with helpful information...

But that is all just IRC rumors...

Makes me laugh that some people will believe anything the alleged hacker says but doubt some guy who says he lives in the same town as Valves offices.

Kind of funny if you think about it.

I just sent that helpvalve e-mail address about 10 links to torrent sites with the HL2 source, the HL2 beta, the HL2 beta patch and the Nvidia 50 Detonator beta drivers...

I hope they send me a free HL2 voucher! Supposedly they have rewarded some people with helpful information...

But that is all just IRC rumors...

I'll settle or a thank you reply :(

Valve never talks to me :(

Quite honestly, I would have reacted the same way if I was trying to work and some dude calls me out of the blue and start babbling at me.

Please keep up updated about whats going down at Valves headquarters.

Thanks

yeah, I understand. But Its Valve and when you've got few things to do, I try to see who's who and such.

I dare you to run up to Gabe, poke him in the stomach and call him the Dough Boy

:D

I'm an artist, and I don't live in an apartment, well my career is NAVY, but that's beside the point. I live in Dallas near Hmm... id. - Those guys are based in Mesquite, yes I know that's about 6 miles away from me, but who cares. (And no I've never been to Quake Con,but I will go one day though!)3D Realms is around here somewhere, and Gearbox isn't that far away either. I wouldn't disqualify what he's saying. Sometimes coolest stuff is in the last place you'd look.

-Ghost.

Originally posted by Netherscourge
I dare you to run up to Gabe, poke him in the stomach and call him the Dough Boy

:D

He'd kick my ass!

Originally posted by Stryyder
Makes me laugh that some people will believe anything the alleged hacker says but doubt some guy who says he lives in the same town as Valves offices.

Kind of funny if you think about it.

except when the hacker actually did sumthin, lol

ur not missing much at the valve office, really. ;)

What is so hard in believing that somebody lives somewhere. Because you make posts, I think you're lying, and that post you made doesn't exist. It's like winning the lottery... Somebody had to do it... Stupid.

What is so hard in believing that somebody lives somewhere. Because you make posts, I think you're lying, and that post you made doesn't exist. It's like winning the lottery... Somebody had to do it... Stupid.

Time for your medication. One... count 'em... one poster in here was at all skeptical of his location.

hahahaha! You're not funny!

-This is stupidly ridiculous.

Yeah, Spitcodfry may too. I wonder where he lives. Bellevue is a shitty place though. More snobs than a Celebrity awards film. Most of the cars I see are Jaguars, Mercedes and Porches.

Yeh, that must suck. I'd much prefer shit boxes to mercs and Jags anyday.

Netherscourge- People are going to get the beta whether you like it or not...

4.jpg

Silent be sure to tell us if you see somebody leaping out of a 10th story window ok. :)

Originally posted by Netherscourge
He'd kick my ass!
I just had a mental of Gabe running like Homer Simpson, where he gets hopelessly out of breath after a few steps.

Why you haters got to hate
silent tryin to relate
representin his hood
near the Valve estate?

alehm... you amaze me... And inspire me to try a good ole rhyme just like you.. Even though mine suck! here goes:

I wish they didn't flame me
Just be happy with what they see
I live where I live
Now let it be

What'd ya think?

Back