Tank

Epyon

Reaction score
Hey everyone, this is my newest model, and also first post of one of my models on this forum. It is a tank that i thought up which i modeled for a intro page for my bros game. So yeah, it isnt going to be in hl2, but its still a model. It took about 8 hours to make the model, textures, effects, and the ground, which was spread over about a week. The poly count is about 22,000, but thats only becuase the tracks alone are 16,000, makeing the rest of it being only around 6,000, so if i were to put this in a game i can, but i just have to make not detailed tracks. Ok so here it is. Tell me if you see anything wrong, or something that i should change or add.
Thanks

Attachments

• tank800x600.jpg
    tank800x600.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 349
I like the tank, but it's a bit plain - maybe some more texture detail.

Also your ground is a bit....pointy.

Other than that, nice job :)

Lupus: Thanks :)

PiMuRho: I fixed up the pointyness on the ground, and right now im working on the texture so it is not as plain, ill post a update when im finished.

Looking forward to it.

looks nice... a few crits though:

the texture for the tank is pretty basic
I know you said the treads were 16K polys, but the main portion of that tank doesn't looks like 6000 polys.... it seems like there are alot of flat/nearly flat surfaces, so it should be much lower.

but it is pretty cool :)

SidewinderX143 said:
looks nice... a few crits though:

the texture for the tank is pretty basic
I know you said the treads were 16K polys, but the main portion of that tank doesn't looks like 6000 polys.... it seems like there are alot of flat/nearly flat surfaces, so it should be much lower.

but it is pretty cool :)

Yup, your correct about the poly count, the base the turret and the wheels are 6,000 polys, but without the wheels it is i think 1754 or something around that, and the textures im working on, but while thinking, i thought if this is in the desert, why is there a tank that is blue with dirt on it, shouldnt it blend in with the enviorment, so i made a quick render to see if you guys like my new color. I did it quick so the turret is messed up and the sky, but ill fix it if you guys like this better.

That's a lot better.

ok cool, i fixed up the textures, and fixed the sky, is there anything that i should add to the background or anywhere?

Seems fine to me now.

ok then i guess this will be the final render unless someone finds something wrong or think of something to add. Thanks to everyone for the help you gave you :D

looks really good now :)

i look at it but all i can see is a bunch of extruding and beveling

KrAyZiE said:
i look at it but all i can see is a bunch of extruding and beveling

bit harsh? :p looks good 2 me, good job. :cheers:

Thanks for the comments everyone.

While searching through my max files, i found a file of yet another tank i made awhile ago. Its the tank that i modeled off of from a concept are by this guy named Feng Zhu http://www.artbyfeng.com/ |

So anyways, i never really finished it, the modeling is just about done, just a little fixing, but i never textured it. I gave it a cartoon material so it would match the concept art, but i wanna try to make a realistic texture for it. Anyways, i have the wire, model, and the concept art attached. Tell me what you all think. Oh and i know that i need to smooth some objects. Like the gun turret and the wheels.

Thanks

Now that is something pretty special. Good work.

Thanks for the comments. Now i know that i can finish it., and im not just wasteing my time.

Jhahn2k4: Samething i said when i first saw it

After i finish the modeling on the bumper, hood and such, ill be going on to giveing this model some textures, anyone have any ideas on what the textures should look like?
Thanks

Is this tank supposed to be some sort of Neo-WWII design? I could give you a hand pointing out what details you need if I knew the style its modeled after.

Back