Team Fortress 2 Getting Another CTF Map Today?

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
A new version of "Well" is coming out today (if nothing goes wrong), the new version replaces the Control Points with intelligence packages placed at each team's base instead. Of course, the existing Control Point edition will still be available for play.[br] Remember this isn't one of the two maps that are coming - they're Goldrush and Badlands, along with a new gameplay mode, class-specific achievements and unlockable items within the next month or so.

It won't be anything like the old Well, they really should have re-named the map to 'rocketbases' or 'trainspam' or something. Where exactly is the 'well' in Well?

I'm still looking forward to some damn CTF at last.

Will be good to have something new to get the interest back into the game just before the big new release

Wait is this third party or a Valve thing, between the frontpage news item, this thread title and the steam community event I'm not sure.

I just hope there aren't any stupid trains in this new one.

Getting killed by one is ridiculous when you're in the middle of killing someone else.

What is the definition of "Today" anyway? i.e. how many hours until "Today" ends at 11:59pm in the sources time zone?

Best add that as the source to the news :p

If it may slip till next week, it will slip till next week. Hype's over, fellas.

Sounds great, can't wait...

I'm a poet and I didnt know it :D

Ohhhhhh. I can't wait to play this. I love Well!

Hah! Great new map to test out ma schmexeh new 24" monitor with!!

Well (haha get it? Well!) that explains why they left this in...or something:

cpwell0009gs3.jpg

yup. Since the beginning. Guess they forgot to remove it or something...

It won't be anything like the old Well, they really should have re-named the map to 'rocketbases' or 'trainspam' or something. Where exactly is the 'well' in Well?

I'm still looking forward to some damn CTF at last.

I second your comment. I don't know why they didn't just give the old well a nice revamp like they did with 2fort. The CP_Well map is extremely far removed from the original - especially in that it was not a CP map!

yup. Since the beginning. Guess they forgot to remove it or something...

Nah, they obviously were playing around with the CTF version of the map. They probably decided to do CP instead, now their going back and making it work again via CTF I bet.

They should periodically announce a date way in advance and then release things as a surprise sooner. It would be good PR.

Not to mention good marketing, Valve releasing something early would surely make headlines at gaming websites everywhere :LOL:

So, what time next month can I expect this to be released?

Finally another CTF map I though Valve'd forgotten about that! Eagerly waiting..

CTF_Well is a much, MUCH better CTF map than 2fort. I can't stand 2fort, way too cramped. Well is nice and spatious. Although I've heard complaints that this new map is too big and open. But I like that.

Back