Tech demo for [unannounced]

Primarily?

Map size
Map compiling
Static lighting

Pi Mu Rho said:
We're well aware of that. As I said, I posted this because:

a) Various people on these forums wanted information on the game
b) It's effectively "declassified" now that we've switched engines and after I removed the "secret" parts.

If people want to get excited about it, let them.
I am letting them get excited, nothing I can do to stop them, but I am just wondering why. Are they even fans of the genre? Most haven't (from what I have seen) played the other games, I am excited just because I love RTS/FPS hybrids.

Well, I can't wait till people on the internet are calling it "gay" and calling Pi a liar because it's been delayed.

Pi Mu Rho said:
Not having played either, I couldn't say.

In MP, the focus is a bit more on action. There's a commander that's in charge of base building, income and defence. They also relay information to the other players and control the superweapons.
Everyone else goes round as infantry or vehicles, attempting to ultimately destroy the enemy base.

Sounds a lot like Natural Selection (You should check it out, very good mod) but without aliens and with a larger tech tree. And vehicles.
Foxtrot; Don't worry about it, to be honest, I think quite a few people are only interested because, well its Pi (no offence). If any other member just said they were making a game, I doubt many would take interest.

Any plans on a website of some kind Pi?

I liked renegade and savage so I will be sure I will like this game only I hope I have a good PC by then :p

SimonomiS said:
Sounds a lot like Natural Selection (You should check it out, very good mod) but without aliens and with a larger tech tree. And vehicles.
Foxtrot; Don't worry about it, to be honest, I think quite a few people are only interested because, well its Pi (no offence). If any other member just said they were making a game, I doubt many would take interest.

Any plans on a website of some kind Pi?

I'm sure there'll be a website at some point. God knows when. That kind of thing is completely out of my hands, unfortunately.

Pi Mu Rho said:
It'd be a UE3-based tactical shooter, heavily story-driven and with RTS elements. Oh, and a really kick-arse mulitplayer mode.

There you go.

Back