Telekinesis and other dumb stuff..

H

hentai

2nredz8.jpg

bloody unbreakable wooden doors-

2hfkw36.jpg

LINEARITY=STUPIDITY

Especially dumb is the telekinesis when driving a vehicle, they could have at least put the hands there like in so many other games. Or when operating a turret. Just look at The Chronicles of Riddick, there are no such artificial stupid obstacles like chest-high wall, you just climb over it, or in Deus Ex 2, Chaser etc...

Valve is just lazy!:frown:

yAwn, Theyre making the game harder for you, when the reals guys come in, theyll explain.

Right, like we've never seen those awesome comics before.

Pervert.

Especially dumb is the telekinesis when driving a vehicle, they could have at least put the hands there like in so many other games. Or when operating a turret. Just look at The Chronicles of Riddick, there are no such artificial stupid obstacles like chest-high wall, you just climb over it, or in Deus Ex 2, Chaser etc...

Valve is just lazy!:frown:
You're absolutely completely right. You should put that in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C++

And... GO!

What was the point of that link, beerdude?

What was the point of that link, beerdude?
Putting everything in that he suggested isn't as easy as the flick of a switch.

It is, however, about as easy as solving the problems surrounding the war in Iraq and simultaeneously solving world hunger, all while you're juggling twenty kiloton nukes on a unicycle.

You are full of shit, have I mentioned that hands on the wheel are very standard thing in other games? And what about level structure, Deus Ex was made in 1999, is it so hard to enable different routes via destructible doors made of wood, the same material you brake as crates, planks on doors, support beams etc.?

It's flagrant unexcusable inconsistency and lazyness!

Look at Source. Look at all of the games and mods on Source. Look at Steam. Look at the available titles on Steam.

Valve are not lazy.

That's not saying much, in fact it doesn't say anything if you read and understood my previous post.

The reason that you cannot see your hands holding every possible object is because it would take AGES to code, would more than likely look ugly and be an incredible waste of time overall.

I'm talking about hands when you are driving or operating turret-standard in sooo many games.

Interesting that you are avoiding to mention artificially obstacled level structure and unbreakable doors.

Optional routes and breakable doors are not in Valve games because that is not something Valve likes to put in their games. If those are things you want, why don't you go play Deus Ex?

I'm talking about hands when you are driving or operating turret-standard in sooo many games.
It would also take ages for them to get that to work correctly and it would more than likly look aweful. The hands would have to be animated to climb in and grab the wheel (which would mean they would have to be in the world, because of HL2's seemless vehcile transitions, which offers large graphical obsticals) and the gun. They would need to programme the hands to move realisticly as you turn, aim and use the turbo. The whole thing is a nightmare of clipping errors and fiddly animations.

Interesting that you are avoiding to mention artificially obstacled level structure and unbreakable doors.
It's a linear game, there is nothing wrong with linear games. Half-Life isn't Deus Ex and it works just fine. Would you like them to have built an entire city that you can enter every nook and cranny of? There is a reason that hasn't been done in any game ever, at least to my knowledge (no, Grand Theft Auto doesn't count as you can only enter a handfull of buildings). There are very few (comparitivly) truly non-linear games.

It's a linear game, there is nothing wrong with linear games. Half-Life isn't Deus Ex and it works just fine. Would you like them to have built an entire city that you can enter every nook and cranny of? There is a reason that hasn't been done in any game ever, at least to my knowledge (no, Grand Theft Auto doesn't count as you can only enter a handfull of buildings). There are very few (comparitivly) truly non-linear games.

Hell yes. I got lost in Ravenholm. Now imagine trying to find the "church" when you can go anywhere.

Good luck in Anticitizen101, as well.

Immersion.

And the game works better when you're shuttled along a path. Free roaming = players getting lost + fustrated.

As to unbreakable doors, pretend there's six hundred tonnes of rubble behind them.

It harder to balance health/ammo/enemies when there is no restriction on player movement.
For the doors just pretend you don't want to open them.
It can be funny/frustrating at times not being able to climb.

If you bothered reading any interviews that had questions about how we can't see Gordon's hands on the steering wheel, you'd know it was a design decision. The whole "can't see yourself" ideal. It's a thing of Half-Life and Valve is respecting that.

Guys, he's a troll. Just let him be.

Actually, Valve makes an effort to make decent obstacles most of the time. Yeah, in the City17 part of HL2 there were some doors you couldn't open for no reason, but most obstacles are something that genuinely seems like an obstacle.

I find locked doors much more unrealistic and nutty in online shooters, where you play as a highly trained, fit and well-armed soldier but can't open a door. If a door on the level has been randomly closed, it's closed - and no, your Special Forces soldier can't get a regular wooden door open.

If you bothered reading any interviews that had questions about how we can't see Gordon's hands on the steering wheel, you'd know it was a design decision. The whole "can't see yourself" ideal. It's a thing of Half-Life and Valve is respecting that.

For f**k sake, what kind of "design" decision is to make the hands invisible and at the same time visible when holding a weapon/reloading/pitching up, and then again not visible when operating a stationary weapon-turret, or steering wheel?!:sniper:

If that's true someone should give them award for stupidity. A adore HL series, I think it's a master-piece but such inconsistencies are really annoying because they are just out of place, if not for that and stupid linearity the game would be perfect in the context of set goal and scope.

hentai, need a hug? I know it's not fair, let it all out.

*gives hentai a big hug.

It's ok, buddy. I'm here for you.

Omg Lke I Was Playing Oblivion And I Was Wondering Why Stoopid Valve Dadint Put In Lvling And Freaking Spells! Wtf Stupidity Award Goes To Valve!!!

Every time I post something you are making fun of me, if you don't have anything intelligent to say just shut the f**k up!

Moderator should start doing his job and protect me from spammers!:sniper:

well you're kind of easy to make fun of, all you do is complain about graphics....n00b

I just want to help people to do their job better, it's called constructive criticism you n00b!

It's not really constructive if you're an idiot about it.

For f**k sake, what kind of "design" decision is to make the hands invisible and at the same time visible when holding a weapon/reloading/pitching up, and then again not visible when operating a stationary weapon-turret, or steering wheel?!:sniper:

If that's true someone should give them award for stupidity. A adore HL series, I think it's a master-piece but such inconsistencies are really annoying because they are just out of place, if not for that and stupid linearity the game would be perfect in the context of set goal and scope.

On one hand, you love the series. On the other hand, you think Valve should go die in a fire for not including the hands on a turret.

Slight inconsistancy there. Surely the award for stupidity should go to someone who has made an entire game made of stupid, rather than the makers of a masterpiece with one or two slightly rough spots?

Back