Tell a programmer?

Dumb Dude

Spy
Reaction score
I'm getting this strange error when I execute a cfg that I made with these commands:

r_rainradius 3000
r_rainsplashpercentage 100
cl_c4dynamiclight 1
cl_ejectbrass 1
cl_ragdoll_collide 1
cl_ragdoll_physics_enable 1
r_avglight 3

Its kinda strange though, I was able to play with this cfg loaded many times before only now I get this error. Anyone have any idea what it means?

there's too many indices for the index buffer, stupid, get rid of some!

kidding. try setting everything back to default in you cfg (i.e. revert r_rainradius etc.) then make the changes one by one till you find exactly which command is causing it, then post back. i'd hazard a guess that one of the values is set too high.

Actually, the problem was in only in Aztec which is in Counter Strike (forgot to mention it was for CS). It was the rain radius one command ruining things. I defaulted that one, and now all is good. I still find that error kinda funny though.

I have a fair idea what it does from the actual cvar name, but what does it actually do?

What is the default value for it?

The default value for it is 1500. All it does is make it so that you can see the rainfall from any distance. Those commands are really useless but I just wanted to see how "realistic" I could make the game look. I also threw in the "r_lod -5" command so that all props look their best at any distance.

Back