Texture Problems, Pictures included.

M

MaliceX

Im having some problems displaying textures correctly. I meet all the minium requirements, and have installed the lasted ATi drivers (4.11). Can anyone help?

Here are screens of my issue (see attachments)

Attachments

• d1_canals_030002.jpg
    d1_canals_030002.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 857
  • d1_canals_030003.jpg
    d1_canals_030003.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 588
  • d1_canals_030004.jpg
    d1_canals_030004.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 481
  • d1_canals_030005.jpg
    d1_canals_030005.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 480
i got exactly the same problem on the stress test a while ago, but i just changed settings in drivers a bit and it went away...
i got a nvidia fx5200

I have exactly the same problem.

3500+
9800Pro 128M with the new 4.11 Cat's.

If you end up finding a decent fix, swing me a line :)
[email protected]
And i'll do likewise.

Finally managed to get this sorted out by reverting to the version 4.9 Catalyst drivers and now it works a treat. I thought I should mention it before I start playing.

Headless said:
I too have texture problems, but they're slightly different.

http://legion.gibbering.net/headshot/d1_trainstation_010000.jpg
http://legion.gibbering.net/headshot/d1_trainstation_040008.jpg

I've tried changing my settings to pretty much every combination, i've tried reinstalling my drivers, i've tried installing alternative drivers, i've tried lowering the hardware accelleration level, i've tried no end of stuff and nothing works. It's incredibly annoying.

I had similar problems. Bought a new powersupply and haven't had problem since. [crosses fingers]

Well, Im only on lunch at the moment - But i'll give the old 4.9's a go and see how that fares.

This is a brand spanking new system, with the old 9800Pro 128 which is less than 12months old.

I'll see how the drivers go, and if that fails - Ill run different Molex's down to the card.

If that fails, well..

Enough said.

I disabled anisotropic filtering and antialiasing and the problem went away.

i have the same problem with textures :/
trying catalyst 4.9, 4.10, 4.11 and 4.12 beta :/

please help!!

Attachments

• tekstury1.jpg
    tekstury1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 465
mleko said:
i have the same problem with textures :/
trying catalyst 4.9, 4.10, 4.11 and 4.12 beta :/

please help!!

I don't think you'll be able to play until you get the files correctly installed. Valve has suggested deleting the models .gcf cache file and re-downloading it. I got around the problem by copying the steam folder from another of my computers.

Headless said:

I've tried changing my settings to pretty much every combination, i've tried reinstalling my drivers, i've tried installing alternative drivers, i've tried lowering the hardware accelleration level, i've tried no end of stuff and nothing works. It's incredibly annoying.

I've got identical problems in game, though mine has a bit more rainbow colored shit in the blocks. I upgraded to the latest 4.12 drivers, but that didn't help.

I'm going to ignore it and play anyway, the fix should be out soon, I hope.

Ive tried:

reinstalling ATI Drivers 4.9,4.1,4.11,4.12
reinstalling the lastest Nforce2 Drivers
redownloading the models package for HL2

None of them have worked.

Headless said:

same. ive found well... a temporary cure? type mat_reloadtextures in console when it happens and it goes away, ive even binded a key to it so I dont have to pause/type heaps

what it seems like is either the game isn't fully donwloaded, or the files are corrupt. I'd suggest a reinstal/re download if possible. make sure to delete the files 1st.

I think we're dealing with two seperate issues in this thread. Those with the pink/black boxes have one issue (Which may be related to downloaded files) and us other folks have some crazy funky texture render/shader issue.

I deleted my models file, and redownloaded it, no effect. I just REALLY don't want to redownload 4.5 Gigs

I'm getting the same Purple/Black checker box thing but only halfway through the hovercraft bit...its not a hardware related as i can go back to the previous map load and it is fine...soon as i cross over to the next load it goes like this:

hl2.jpg

any1 know what is going on here...am i missing the map textures or something? Thanks

Well, I have the same issue - Re-downloading the textures did sweet FA.

Headless said:
Finally managed to get this sorted out by reverting to the version 4.9 Catalyst drivers and now it works a treat. I thought I should mention it before I start playing.

:bounce:

thanks a lot - i'm currently suffering from the same problem - I'll try it as soon as i'm home ... did you use some drivercleaner or just installed the old ones ??

well as for me....i played through that scene (10mins worth) and now all is back to normal....hope it doesn't happen again....the first patch will probably address these glitches...hopefully...

I'm experiencing checkerboard patterns, smearing, tearing, missing textures... makes it unplayable...

9800 Pro
Det 4.11
Dx 9c
XP Sp2

edit:forgot to mention
Purchased retail copy
Tried deleting HL2 & reinstalling... no effect

pics...

hmm today morning i installed OS on diffrent partiton + drivers for nforce2 + radeon9550, but I have still this problem with textures :(

Texture/Render Problems.

I agree with the previous poster, there do seem to be two different issues:
a. The people with large expanses of purple/black checkerboard boxes instead of textures; and
b. The people with small "speckled" off-colored polygons (myself included).

I have a Radeon 9800pro with the latest (rel. 11/12/04) drivers and I have been unable to make it go away even after playing with many video settings. I basically get a speckled polygonal "glitter" that will affect one area of the enviornment, i.e. one section of a wall, or particularly one persons face (but not the body or anything else). It seems to go away when a level reloads. I am going to try the mat_reloadtextures work around to see if that works.

It doesnt make the game unplayable, but it is darn annoying and distracting for sure.... Hopefully a driver update or fix will be out soon. If anyone else sees a solution be sure to post it here!

I am also having the same problems as gblaz, with the speckled faces/walls/barrels etc. It happens after a few minutes of playing and gradually gets worse, making the sound choppy and frizzy. If you change the resolution it fixes the problem for a minute or 2 and then it comes back. I have a radeon 9600 with the latest driver. Anyone who know of a workable fix (or a reply from valve addressing this problem) would be a real sport if they post it here.

i too am having this problem, i have tryied mac_reloadtexture but it doesnt work. How do you delete the texture file so I can redownload it? I have a 9600XT with the latest drivers

hmm my friend is redownloadin for me all HL2 files from Steam - in 12hours I will if it will be ok :)

mleko said:
hmm my friend is redownloadin for me all HL2 files from Steam - in 12hours I will if it will be ok :)

If that works let me know, then ill just use my friends retail cd's to reinstall

I think I have a possible fix for all of you that are having the wierd colored spots with the light maps. Ihad the exact same issue. It only ocured after playing the game for a while and then would go away when a new level would load. I was using the latet ATI drivers. I'm using a 9600 pro.

Yesterday I installed the latest omega drivers and VIOLA!! No more problems. I plays for 2 hours straight yesterday and had NO issues.

Here's the link http://www.omegadrivers.net/

I hope this helps some of you out. It's obviously a driver issue and not a game related one. Hopefully ATI will get off thier buts and get us a new driver.

ill try these drivers. i just got back to city 17 and thats the worst place for me with missing textures. I thought I had a texture problem, some of the pix other people have posted are 1000x worse than mine lol

its fixed! i dont know if it was the omega drivers or the hl2 update, when i restarted my comp for the drivers hl2 updated. so if you guys havent updated that yet, try it

Disabling AI seemed to work for me. If it comes back I'll try the omega drivers.

Back