TF2 Beta unlock time

I finally got back into the TF2 group chat on steam. They really need an auto-retry or queue system.

Anyway, it'll be the next couple of hours I reckon. I can feel it.

Got an AMD 6000 n 8800GTS being delivered tomorrow - maybe it's fate that I don't get to play it now?

Seriously, CANT WAIT to see this baby in action in all of it's full setting glory... mmm...

Best comment so far... lol. Most prob not too far from the truth. Damn you GABE!

(Who the **** calls their son Gabe anyways?)

so one can slip and call their son babe, ooops i meant gabe...

My god the scanners have been waiting for today!

Ooooh thanks guys. All this waiting for this game has screwed my mind up.

valve likes to push things off and delay stuff it seems. If by chance, the game isn't released today, would that not be false advertising? I personally would be kinda angry with them, you don't make people wait all day for no reason, that's rediculous. Valve has our money, give us the damn game :(

To the L to the O to the L to the C to the A to the T to the S

it will, team fortress was my first online fps, and halflife was my first fps i owned, beyond golden eye on the 64. I mean, not to sound cheesy, but TF has a special place in my gaming bloodline. I'm just tweakin out hard core. lol Peggle held me off for about 30 mins, lol

DigiQ8: Hey Greg

Greg: Hey. What's up?

DigiQ8: nm

DigiQ8: So we in the HL2net steam channel are wondering, when you guys gonna unlock TF2? What time exactly?

Greg: Late in the day. We're not saying an exact time, unfortunately.

DigiQ8: So no 12AM release?

Greg: No - late in the day.

DigiQ8: ok Thank you

wish i knew this before i sayed up all night last night!!

Pfft screw this, Im going to do school work. (Yeah, I know I'll be checking every 2 minutes..)

valve likes to push things off and delay stuff it seems. If by chance, the game isn't released today, would that not be false advertising? I personally would be kinda angry with them, you don't make people wait all day for no reason, that's rediculous. Valve has our money, give us the damn game :(

Reasoning like this is why a lot of games get released when they aren't ready. Personally, I'd prefer to wait. They said today, today isn't over... be patient. Being a product of Valve, when it does come out you can take comfort that it will be a solid game.

Reasoning like this is why a lot of games get released when they aren't ready. Personally, I'd prefer to wait. They said today, today isn't over... be patient. Being a product of Valve, when it does come out you can take comfort that it will be a solid game.

i'm not doubting it being solid at all. But yo, what really could they be doing to it right now? Are they really changing things today?

I have an event for the group I'm in that says they'll be opening their servers today @ 8:00 PM. This might just be wild guesswork on their part, but hey, it could always be a sign.

i'm not doubting it being solid at all. But yo, what really could they be doing to it right now? Are they really changing things today?

Maybe not with the game itself, but for steam and prepping for the mass influx of traffic they will get the moment it goes live? Probably. I'm sure they are all working hard to get things rolling and not just sitting around doing nothing while people sit there waiting for the game.

I have this image of Valve playing Twister whilst a computer a few feet away from them awaits the hit of an enter key to activate the beta... :dozey:

Maybe not with the game itself, but for steam and prepping for the mass influx of traffic they will get the moment it goes live? Probably. I'm sure they are all working hard to get things rolling and not just sitting around doing nothing while people sit there waiting for the game.

Best theory so far. I mean, sure the numbers may not be apocalyptic, but there will be a lot of people waiting for the beta (In this particular forum, we have 250 users viewing. I dont reckon its normally this high).

EDIT: Gabe playing twister??? *shudders*

Random Valve Tech "Gabe, we're ready. The beta will be activated in 30 seconds..."

Gabe: "Waaaaaaaait!!!!! I have a new idea for TF2, I think we should take it in a different direction..."

10 YEARS LATER... we're here again...

There are 2046 tf2 community members online, the steampowered forums have collapsed... I'm sure there are many thousands of people all waiting on this.

What is it, 3pm at Valve in America? It could be 6+ hours away which suits me fine - it's Tuesday morning here and I have to go to Uni soon.

Any guesses what the tf2 player count will spike to a couple hours after release?

I'm guessing ~20,000

It's the most anticiapted online team based fps ever... for a lot of people, myself included, this is the end of a 10 year wait... i cant take this anymore... :eek:

Back