TF2 Beta unlock time

If you were superman, you could fly to valve and choke gabe till he spills the beans on where his god damned copy of TF2 is.
If I were Superman then, **** TF2!

At least they could do is tell wtf is going and and say "Sorry guys its not coming out tonight maybe tomorrow." but no...they wanna leave everyone hanging and not say a damn word...thats bad business as far as im concearned and i know alot of people will probably agree with me.

you know, if they are kinda scamming us to pay the 45 directly to steam, i'm not all that surprised if they don't really care we are getting pissed.

You want to know what bad business is? Buying frozen cranberry shares at $2.00/share and selling them at $0.29/share. Now that's bad business.

Pissing off the consumer is probably the worst any business can do...what you said is pure stupidity on the buyer.

If you were superman, you could fly to valve and choke gabe till he spills the beans on where his god damned copy of TF2 is.

i'm willing to bet they have stocks of kryptonite laying around in case superman shows up and wants his TF2 activated.

you know, if they are kinda scamming us to pay the 45 directly to steam, i'm not all that surprised if they don't really care we are getting pissed.

Valve would massage your bunyans if you asked them nicely. If Valve wanted to **** us up the ass, they would have preloaded some KY-Jelly onto steam. As it is, TF2 is what they're giving to us. And you will sit back and take it like a man.

What I don't get is the people who are angry, or even surprised, that Valve is going to miss another 'set date'.

This is nothing new people.

'These problems'

Please enlighten us on what is exactly wrong with the linux binaries.

Experience means jack-shit when something new or unexplainable pops up.

These problems are not unexplainable nor are they unexpected. I don't know what the problems are, but then again I am not a team of Ph.D.s in computer science, networking and game design with a collective hundred plus years of experience in designing software platforms. But then again, you are basing your argument off of a single email some random guy posted that can neither be confirmed to be real or confirmed to be the truth. You never can put too much stock in the statements of a person who is not incredulous toward everything he reads on the internet.

'These problems'

Please enlighten us on what is exactly wrong with the linux binaries.

Experience means jack-shit when something new or unexplainable pops up.
Valve specified a deadline of Monday. They knew when to be ready. This feels more like a student working late into the night to hand in an assignment the next day. Surely they can afford to have things ready a day early, not at the last minute. That is perhaps the issue.

Valve would massage your bunyans if you asked them nicely. If Valve wanted to **** us up the ass, they would have preloaded some KY-Jelly onto steam. As it is, TF2 is what they're giving to us. And you will sit back and take it like a man.

Well rub that KY on your ass cause they havent given us anything yet.

Pissing off the consumer is probably the worst any business can do...what you said is pure stupidity on the buyer.

Are you telling me that you would rather buy 10,529 cranberry share at $2.00/share and sell them at $0.29/share than release your game a few hours late. If you makes this claim sir, I declare that you are a lunatic. Get this man a straight jacket and lock him where no one will hear him scream.

All of these problems would have been solved if they had never specified a date. If Valve would have just put "Pre-order Orange Box and gain access to TF2 Beta when we release it!" Then all of this would have been solved.

Unfortunately, even if they did that you would have still tons of whining. "We want the beta now" "Why hasn't valve released it yet?" "cryyyyyyyyyyy". That's the way of the beast when it comes to message boards, a lot of the people there cry over everything at any chance.

why don't they say whats going on at least ,the only reason i can think of why they aren't, is that noone would believe it was factual info anyways, without them posting it on their main site, which if it was a problem, which they are having of some sort, it would turn off prospective buyers from preordering. kinda sucks for the people that are waiting on the release though.

Valve specified a deadline of Monday. They knew when to be ready. This feels more like a student working late into the night to hand in an assignment the next day. Surely they can afford to have things ready a day early, not at the last minute. That is perhaps the issue.

I fully accept they specified today (their time I presume, of which is still in their favor) for the release - But not everything goes to plan. Admittedly, they could keep people better informed, but lets face it - that's not VALVe's style, is it? :p

Are you telling me that you would rather buy 10,529 cranberry share at $2.00/share and sell them at $0.29/share than release your game a few hours late. If you makes this claim sir, I declare that you are a lunatic. Get this man a straight jacket and lock him where no one will hear him scream.

what i am saying is if your not gonna make the delivery then dont tell us your coming

Tuesday, September 18.

Could have been playing the Crysis Beta all this time. :\

I fully accept they specified today (their time I presume, of which is still in their favor) for the release - But not everything goes to plan.
That's true. It's the reason schools have these little things called "extensions". :)

Admittedly, they could keep people better informed, but lets face it - that's not VALVe's style, is it? :p
That's also true, and I just wish Valve surprised the community for a change rather than have us accept this as typical of Valve's nature. There are plenty of ways for a company to improve.

I'll start chanting his name if you do :O

I've already got out the rain stick and some chocolate chip cookies. If he doesn't listen to this plea, then his heart truly is of stone. So on the count of three, chant "Gabe Gabe, go away. Come again another day. If you don't I will say 'Gabe Gabe go away'"

The reason nobody knows what is going on, is because they would have to post it on their main site, which like i said would turn off potential buyers. Because potential buyers of the preorder off steam looking to play the beta, probably have no idea they can't actually play it, i doubt they looked around forums and seen what's going on.

Well, Fuckenaye. It's been a lot of fun Lardies and Pencilmen, but it's time for me to do some serious studying. I'll check back when I'm done and see what the status is. In the words of Oscar Wilde, "I know not when Gabe will release TF2, but I do know that dalmations are spotted. Give me a hot tottie and some ginger snaps you god damn midget!"

Interesting.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/

This is the first time I can remember where the forums actually require a user account to even READ them. Since I don't have one, they're blocked for me.

Must be Valve's way of reducing bandwidth issues for the meantime.

Well, that was a nice shower. Anything...oh...

*fidgets awkwardly*

*gets up and walks away again*

Damn... I was hopeful for a second, cause my Linux DS gave this message when I tried updating:

"ContentServer rejected client session login

I had received that message a few days ago when I pre-loaded the TF2 content on the server. However, I tried again, and got the "HLDS installation up to date" message. :(

Damn... I was hopeful for a second, cause my Linux DS gave this message when I tried updating:

I had received that message a few days ago when I pre-loaded the TF2 content on the server. However, I tried again, and got the "HLDS installation up to date" message. :(

HLDS installation up to date

Is currently the bane of my existence :(

./steam -command update -game t..

wrong window then :(

Guys what gonna happen when we ware able to play..Will steam auto restart...Will we just press play...Will we need to manually restart...Im never around during these things and dont know!!!

Guys what gonna happen when we ware able to play..Will steam auto restart...Will we just press play...Will we need to manually restart...Im never around during these things and dont know!!!

Hi, welcome to the forums.

More than likely a quick restart :)

Back