Tf2.....

G

GOoch

Looking forward to the release of HL2.
But to be honest TF2 is realy what im wating for. Think the forum should cater for the TF2 fan it used to months ago but it seems to have vannished. Gabe did mention that when the HL2 release was finaly over TF2 information would start to come out :)
What you guys think. ?

I think people who don't want to buy HL2 for the game and for some other multiplayer game is not a real HL fan :rolleyes:

I can't wait either especially seeing as it has deformable terrain!

I'm expecting TF2 info to come with HL2 the same way it did with Hl1.

Ownzed said:
I think people who don't want to buy HL2 for the game and for some other multiplayer game is not a real HL fan :rolleyes:

explain .?

Tyrsenus said:
Why should it? This is halflife2.net, not tf2.net.

because its a big part of HL2 (when its released)

and the forums used to have a TF2 board.

Ownzed said:
And how do you gather this? Half Life is one of the most popular multiplayer games of all time. I know a few people who love the multiplayer, but couldn't get into the single player.

Well a big part of Half-Life is its mods, but I'm personally looking forward to HL2 more. Never really got into the original Team Fortress though.

I remember seeing those TF2 movies, they looked so incredibly cool. I'm really looking forward to seeing some media of the 'new tf2'.

Gaheris said:
I remember seeing those TF2 movies, they looked so incredibly cool. I'm really looking forward to seeing some media of the 'new tf2'.

Where can I find these movies?

I remember the tf2 video that showed off ragdoll physics for the first time. When the guy climbed up on the tank, opened the hatch, and threw a grenade inside and it blew up before he got off the tank in time. I was in aw.

A little off-topic but does anyone know where you can still download those old tf2 vids at?

They will probably make a TF2 specific forum when the information starts to be released. Because atm theres not a lot that can be discussed, just about the already released, and outdated, information.

www.fileplanet.com should have some. Yeah, I hope we find stuff out about TF2 in the HL2 box or they talk about it after HL2 is out, i want this game sooo bad. Most people really have no idea how much time valve has invested into making it absolutely amazing. I know it will take over the CS:S community, just watch. Example for all of you ppl who dont know about it....

Imagine sitting in an APC looking around at all of your teammates, then all of a sudden explosions start going off and the carrier door opens while everyone runs out, ppl getting blown up left and right, sniped, heavy gun fire, ppl screaming and dying while medics trying to realisticly carry them off for safety to help save them. Yeah, it's going to be that REAL. They even have a map like d-day where troops storm from ship carries on a beach while getting gun downed with turrents and etc. TF2 is going to redefine online FPS games and completely turn the tables around on intense FPS warfare.

GOoch said:
because its a big part of HL2 (when its released)
I don't see how it is any part of HL2, besides using the same engine.

tokin said:
www.fileplanet.com should have some. Yeah, I hope we find stuff out about TF2 in the HL2 box or they talk about it after HL2 is out, i want this game sooo bad. Most people really have no idea how much time valve has invested into making it absolutely amazing. I know it will take over the CS:S community, just watch. Example for all of you ppl who dont know about it....

Imagine sitting in an APC looking around at all of your teammates, then all of a sudden explosions start going off and the carrier door opens while everyone runs out, ppl getting blown up left and right, sniped, heavy gun fire, ppl screaming and dying while medics trying to realisticly carry them off for safety to help save them. Yeah, it's going to be that REAL. They even have a map like d-day where troops storm from ship carries on a beach while getting gun downed with turrents and etc. TF2 is going to redefine online FPS games and completely turn the tables around on intense FPS warfare.

You sure expect alot from it, hope you wont be dissapointed.

Btw I doubt it will take over the CS :S community, cause most CS players only like CS. And you can't really compare CS and TF 2...

I heard TF2 was going to be a separate game that just used the engine... ie: You have to buy it separately

tokin said:

Ah yes, another fellow TF junkie! Hats off to you, sir, for sharing my sentiment. I have been a big fan ever since I played the free TFC demo, and Warpath blew my socks off!

I always chuckle when people get excited about Counter-Strike. I mean, although I do like CS, I love TFC so much more: the frantic fun, the tons of various skills and techniques for different classes! CS is a fun game, but it often feels very dry and repetitive: the choices are basically only aim, shoot, and throw.

Masters (and cofounders of the concept) of team multiplayer games, Cook, Walker and Bernier have been working on TF2 for two more years than they have been working on HL2, that's a total of about 7 years! Huge chunks of the Source engine have been written _specifically_ to satisfy their creative cravings and let them create the game they always wanted. Entire production teams (separate from HL2, including that CS cover art girl) spent all this time crafting this game, and this, keep in mind, after they practically completed a version of TF2 that never made it to stores, back in 1999. This game is repeating the development history of HL1 (which was also made twice, and the second time around they nailed it).

TF2 is going to be freaking HUGE! Say yes to deformable terrain, yes to destructible buildings, yes to huge outdoor environments, yes to balance between fun and realism, yes to armored vehicles, and a whole lot more!

I am excited, and you should be too :cheers:

Stan R.

I hope TF2's gameplay doesn't succumb to the realism > everything else argument. I''d hate to see TFC's arcade gameplay be left behind.

i hope they forget all about TFC, and just go back to QWTF stylings. but i get the feeling its not gonna happen.

KagePrototype said:
I hope TF2's gameplay doesn't succumb to the realism > everything else argument. I''d hate to see TFC's arcade gameplay be left behind.

Kage,

Last I heard, that will not be the case. They wanted to tone down the "cheese" a little bit, but leave many aspects intact, like multiple shots per kill, rocket jumping, and resupplying. They want TF2 to remain arcade-y.

Also, I heard that the aim will change a bit, that your accuracy might decrease when you come under suppressive fire.

I sure hope they used my K-9 soldier idea I pitched to them a couple of years ago :) Having a German shepherd guard the base should make Spies' lives a lot more difficult...

Stan R

stanr said:
Kage,

Last I heard, that will not be the case. They wanted to tone down the "cheese" a little bit, but leave many aspects intact, like multiple shots per kill, rocket jumping, and resupplying. They want TF2 to remain arcade-y.

Also, I heard that the aim will change a bit, that your accuracy might decrease when you come under suppressive fire.

I sure hope they used my K-9 soldier idea I pitched to them a couple of years ago :) That should make Spies' lives more difficult...

Stan R

I don't mind the lack of cheese, I just hope TF2 doesn't end up like Operation Flashpoint or something. :)

TF2 threads need to be in General Gaming guys.

i read German mags allot an they said once in an Interview with Gabe {i think it was Gabe} a soon as HL2 is released they will continue with the work on TF2

Lemonking said:
i read German mags allot an they said once in an Interview with Gabe {i think it was Gabe} a soon as HL2 is released they will continue with the work on TF2

I also remember that Valve said they would talk about TF2 shortly after HL2's release, so it shouldn't be to long before we hear something. :)

TF2 isn't going to be anything like TFC except for the classes. That's why I'm much more excited about TFC:S.

TF2 is going to be quite the game just wait and see.

i dont think there's going to be rocket jumping. in an interview in PCPP (pc power player, australian mag) there was a big feature article that i read and loved, ages ago. It said something like "rockets are going to be a whole lot more powerful now, and will have a huge blowback (or something) so you dont want to be standing behind someone firing one."
and then something about them being a lot more powerful being used to destroy key structures and something like that.

but like i say, it was a long time ago.

RTCW has died and ET is getting boring now - all my hopes rest on TF2 :)

I just hope it'll be designed with small teams in mind and will make a good clan game. It better be nice a quick too - don't want any camping thank you very much.

in reply to Wesisapie:
If i remember correctly, they also mentioned that they planned to include other things to promote advanced gameplay. Sadly they didn't state how they would replace bh, conc- &rocketjumps.
Even tough that info is nearly six years old, i hope they found ways to achive a long lasting learning courve á la TF/C, imo now a days to many games just rely on that point&click factor, leaving other things out of scope.
In TFC you could easily find many varying playstyles and watching "advanced" gamers play was as if they played a different game(even more interressting at euro championchips), when compared to casual pub players.
Now a days skill is mostly shown via an insane ammount of headshots :(

Basically im dying too, to get info on TF2

Tyrsenus said:
Why should it? This is halflife2.net, not tf2.net.

*ahem*

/me points to Doom 3 forum

switch said:
They will probably make a TF2 specific forum when the information starts to be released. Because atm theres not a lot that can be discussed, just about the already released, and outdated, information.

*ahem*

/me points to Rumors and Speculation forum

;)

Back