The A.I.

Gavon

Reaction score
Has anyone tried blocking a door with that desk in trap town. just like in the bink wher the combine kicks the door?

Thats actually in ravenholm, there are no combine troops around just zombies. Also there is no door there now.

I did block the doorway with a cooker, but just a crawling zombie came and tried to get in, didn't have any luck, so just crawled off. :thumbs:

Traptown is not in the game. There's a place that looks very like it, but it's different and infested with zombies rather than combine.

In other parts of the game the combine will kick doors in though. Or sneak in another way that you totally don't expect. The A.I is absolutely fantastic.

Animal said:
Thats actually in ravenholm, there are no combine troops around just zombies. Also there is no door there now.

I did block the doorway with a cooker, but just a crawling zombie came and tried to get in, didn't have any luck, so just crawled off. :thumbs:

beat me to it lol ^^^^

One of the memorable A.I moments is where a headcrabbed zombie tried to get through reinforced glass by banging on it repeatedly. Obviously he had no luck. So he went and tried the door, but it was blocked by a huge locker. In a dissapointed rage he went back and slammed on the window repeatedly, harder this time.

Then I went outside and killed him.

Im on the 6 chapter now..I think the A.I. is decent they do pursue you if u attempt to hide or run which is good:)

If you block teh doors they pin you down by shooting through teh windows or lobbing nades inside :)

CTTcrew_MrBlue said:
If you block teh doors they pin you down by shooting through teh windows or lobbing nades inside :)
wow kewl.

I remember I blocked a door with a few wooden crates once. I know that two crates will normally stop a single zombie from getting in so I thought I would be pretty safe while I was waiting for this lift to come.

Then I hear this horrible scream and three of those crazy ape like zombies just smashed in a ripped me apart. It was kinda cool considering I didn't expect it at all.

Animal said:
I remember I blocked a door with a few wooden crates once. I know that two crates will normally stop a single zombie from getting in so I thought I would be pretty safe while I was waiting from this lift to come.

Then I hear this horrible scream and three of those crazy ape like zombies just smashed in a ripped me apart. It was kinda cool considering I didn't expect it at all.
wher did they enter from the door u blocked?

I slammed the door in their faces and they couldn't get it open so they climbed onto the roof and jumped in the windows. Scared the crap out of me.

Has anyone seen any combines working TOGETHER? They always seem to be hanging around on their own which is pretty sucky.

I don't think the AI is all that great. They just stand slightly out from behind an object and start shooting. When you move out of their sight they just stand slightly further out until they can see you then continue firing. Sometimes they do run behind objects for cover, but that's it.

Wildhound said:
I slammed the door in their faces and they couldn't get it open so they climbed onto the roof and jumped in the windows. Scared the crap out of me.

Hehe I did the exact same thing. So fcking scary :LOL:

Back