The Awakening Mod

TigerStar

Reaction score
Alright, it's about high time I start recruiting. I have a website set up and almost finished, it just needs concept art and media, then once it the mod is finally finished, we will have downloads all set up; lets not get too far ahead of this though. We have 2 mappers, a really good one, and then there's me. I'm fairly good, but not too great. Anyway, this mod started to die because I started to vacantly enjoy my summer in other places. I'm back in black though, and I'm ready to start this mod back up. I'm working up a pretty good storyline in my opinion. Our openings are..

Modellers (Being able to UVMap and skin is a must)(3)(Must send sample pic and download)

Texture Artists (As many as possible)(Must send sample pic)

Voice Actors (Not stated, but i'd say a lot)(Must send voice recording)

Coder (2-3)(Must send download for a HL2 script with a description of what it is and a pic)

Concept Artists (Unlimited I suppose)(Once this mod has new models and ideas I will be accepting concept art for this site.)

Highly Experienced Faceposer (3 Max)(Must send pic)

I've got lots of hope directed toward this mod, and I want to see it finished unlike some of these other mods that hardly ever get finished, some of them not even started.

The website is: www.modteamproductions.net/TheAwakeningMod/

The forum for discussion: Well, there's no official forum for it. Lets just discuss it here for now.

E-mail address to send content to: [email protected]

Thanks for reading.

What is the mod about. Website reveals nothing except for a swamp and a 'contaminated city'.

Oh, jeez lol. I can't believe I forgot to put an about section on the website! Sorry, I'll update it now. I lost my map of the whole mod storyline, monsters, lost all of it. Ok, I'll stop the jibber-jabber and get to work.

EDIT: Done, enjoy.

Come on! Don't let this thread die. Someone please post. Or else..:

:sniper: :bounce:

I can't read your website at all, but your uber cool counter probably earns you at least 1 team member. w00t w00t... swamp man ftw.

Oh man, my eyes are physically bleeding from that site. If I had the time, I'd make you a new one... But I don't have the time.

Oh, and I have this nasty e-disease that kills off any mods I even touch. :p

TigerStar said:
What do you mean you can't read it?
First off PARAGRAPHS lol

Secondly, use Verdana or something as a font, Times New Roman just doesn't feel right here. Thirdly, don't tile random images of zombies/zombines/headcrabs AND HAVE A DIFFERENT ONE EACH PAGE. It gives the impression it's one of those Tripod websites that have loads of useless stuff on them.

If I still have time tonight, I'll try to mix up a basic HTML site for you.

EDIT: Damn you lol, now I'm creating a complete damn site for you :p

That means your mod is about to die Tiger :(

Someone has already made me a site. I'm going to put it up in about a year or two. I'm going to apply for the Empires mod team. With the map I'm about done with, they aren't going to be able to say no :p

TigerStar said:
Someone has already made me a site. I'm going to put it up in about a year or two. I'm going to apply for the Empires mod team. With the map I'm about done with, they aren't going to be able to say no :p
Aww just finished mine :(
Meh doesn't matter :p
It's pretty small, 30 KB :|
Check my attachment if you want to see it.

Also, it'd be best if you put up the site you got right now, because your current site seriously scares off people. Maybe get a free forum too? You need to show that you really want to go through with this project.

Attachments

• SITE READY.zip
    35.4 KB · Views: 64
When do you see this mod being finished, or in alpha mode?

In a few sentences, what is this mod about?

That KID is on the escalator again!

nutcrackr said:
This reminds me of this mod:
http://mods.moddb.com/1055/the-awakening/
I was actually a member sometime early 2003, my model render is still there lol! But yeah I see they haven't progressed. It was for HL1 :lol:
Lol it's 'Standalone' now
I wonder how they'll react when they discover they have to license the Source engine :LOL:

Well, this mod is going down. Feel free to mess around on the forums I've had for centuries.

www.modteamproductions.net/forum/

I had a forum, I just had to adjust it before I released the link. This mod'll be dead until it seems fit to restart it. I'm going to try for the Empires Modding team.

Back