The best times from HL1.

how about that creepy zombie in the chair in that room with no lights and the monitor flashing. he was twitching and it was a very cool scene.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that!

Most of Half-Life wasn't really that scary, but when I first saw that zombie in the chair, I almost jumped out of mine...

Also, in the room opposite, a scientist kills a headcrab by pushing a filing cabinet onto it, then another one grabs his head from behind. Good, but annoying that you can't get into the room and do anything about it.. although, why would you want to stop such a good scene?

Just playing through HL was the best thing ever..

I loved the headcrab vents, and the falling headcrab train, near the underwater grinders... :D

vegeta897 said:
Haha! Me too! I played Blood and Duke Nukem with only keyboard! Wow, so long ago... two classics... A and Z to jump and crouch haha! Oh and let's not forget about NAM. So good! :D

me too!! my cousin showed me half-life, and i just went for the keyboard, and he had to tell me, "umm, use the mouse. it's easier that way." LOL. i actually went back to blood and replayed it again a few months ago; transition from mouse+keyboard to just keyboard actually wasn't that hard; i just tried to use the mouse a couple of times, then got used to keyboard again. it helps that those games don't make you actually look up or down to shoot up or down :D

but, favorite parts of half-life... hmm, first time getting to the surface was great--"the sky, i can see the sky!!!"--but it sucked to have to go back down. and the first time you see the marines; i was so dumb, i watched the other scientist get shot, and i still ran out there, heh... and anything with houndeyes. i also liked in opposing force when you watch gordon go to xen -- i must have jumped in the portal thing after him like 10 times--"wait for me gordon! nooo!!!!"

How bout in op 4 when your underwater, and you look through the window, you see the grunts skeleton, you go around, see the whole body, back to the window again, etc. loved that.
The tram ride, of course.
Not sure if it was op 4 or BS; the part where you see gordon being carried by the grunts, and then later on, jump into the portal.
op 4: the lightning bug thing, (vortiguant?) clawing at the training course holo.
the anguish of finding that all your weapons have been taken when you were kidnapped.
the grunt in the cryogenics tube.
the big zappy rooms in questionable ethics
not goin through the portal at the end: "oops"
half life...

Man....where to even START?
well, I guess with the beginning. I had never played a FPS until the game "Wheel of Time" My parents were fans of the books, so I got the game. Totally hooked. It's short (About 10 hours) but very very sweet. I place it up there with HL for the MP alone, when the game way new...only game aside from HL I played for 16 hours straight. Anyway, this led me to find out about other FPS, and half life was always mentioned, so I finally got it. wow...

so, the only place to begin, is well, with the beginning, the tram ride....I was amazed. Instant immersion, well done. :)

then the part where I flipped the computer monitor in the first room, and had a scientist yell at me. (It...reacted?!? wow!)

then one of the most memorable moments in gaming history...the experiment gone wrong. flash...on Xen. EEP. I literally froze, hoping nothing would see me....flash...back NEAR THE BEAM. *Runs away* Flash...oh SHOOT! *Runs from monsters* Flash...

OMG...what the....yikes....

walked out to see a scientist doing CPR on a barney... lets just say that by then, I was 100% in the game.

the first headcrab in the tube, that was neat, I remember watching it for like, 5 minutes. I thought it was so cool. then I met one out of the cage and ran. I didn't even stop for the laser, which promptly gibbed me. :D

then the elevator. *Presses button* AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH *Crash* VERY memorable...hehehe

then climbing the ladder, and hearing someone shooting and some...sounds. I froze....stopped...got up there and was killed by a zombie. the next time, I saved barney. (I thought that was so COOL)

man, so many moments...first head crab in the vents.
the grunts talking
the tenticles
the garg, oh MAN that was hard...first time I EVER had to find a walkthough to learn what I needed to do. turned out I had done everything right, and had just hit a bug. DRAT. had to re do the entire garg thing...oh well.

the tram rides.. that was cool.

and most definately, the sniper babes. As someone else stated, first time I had a truely HARD enemy that didn't have insane fire rates / HP. AWESOME.

and last...the ending. I was just like...WTF...thats it?!? NOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I'm suprised no-one mentioned getting the guass gun. That section had the best music ever, and it went perfectly with the visual style.

The whole thing, it just makes you tingly inside.

Except Xen.

The first time you come out of that one vent right into view of a sentry gun.... ohhhhh shit! and then hiding behind the crate, hearing the bullets hit the crate, hearing the chunks of crate hit the ground, knowing sooner or later it's gonna burst... hot damn

ok, I'm gunna play HL over again...(Like, 8th time now)

Back