The bullsquid

yeh thats what i was thinking i havn;t seen it though and ive near finished the game. i cud have sworn i saw a screenshot of it

that would have kicked ass in the canals... =\

they had it in the leak...maybe it got cut

I dont remember seeing a screenshot with a bullsquid in HL2, mabye you saw one for HL:S? Just a thought

FoB_Ed said:
they had it in the leak...maybe it got cut

I deleted it a week before HL2, but im pretty darn sure it wasn't in there...or was it...havn't played it in a while

it was in the leak..not that i..played..it..or...anyt...*RUNS AWAY*

i havent seen a lot of creatures and weapons and i just finished the nova prospect chapter and fighting my way of the square outside the station

No Bullsquid or the Fish thingey (With that one exeption where you are TELEPORTED RIGHT INFRONT OF IT) :p

Nope, they have a static, no animated model that was only used in the first 10min :(

As for the Bullsquid, i was looking forward to seeing it, PC Zone said that creatures like the Garg, Houndeye and bullsquid would be back. I was looking forward to seeing a highres bullsquid :(

ichthyosaur.jpg

No ichthyosaur (although you see only one if the teleport goes wrong in Kleiners lab

houndeye2.jpg

No Houndeye

bullsquid.jpg

No bullsquid

aliengrunt.jpg

No Alien Grunt

snarks.jpg

No snarks

controller.jpg

No Alien Controller

gonarch.jpg
babyheadcrabs.jpg

Big Momma (AKA Gonarch) and their baby headcrabs

garg.jpg

no garg

There were a lot of enemies in the beta that never really made it into the game.. the bullsquid, the hydra, the ichthyosaur (although briefly visible), the stalker (although visible through a cam in nova prospekt) and some others...

It's not fair :(

the stalker? have you a picture of that enemy?

Bullsquid: Was in the alpha, but not in final version.

Stalker: Was different in the alpha. It looked different and was an actual enemy. Had scythes for hands and could shoot a laser from its head. You would fight them on the icebreaker.

Combine Guardian: Combine in large mech suits. Were in the alpha, not in final game.

White Combine Soldiers: Were different in the alpha. Acted more like the female assassins in the first Half-Life.

Cremator: In the alpha, but not in the final game.

Some kind of uber zombie: Again, in the alpha, but not the final game.

Hydra: As we all know, was cut. Was originally supposed to be a kind of boss creature. Would show up twice in the game.

Ichthyosaur: It made it! Sort of. Never fought it as an enemy.

answers in quote

Absinthe said:
Stalker: Was different in the alpha. It looked different and was an actual enemy. Had scythes for hands and could shoot a laser from its head. You would fight them on the icebreaker.
>I don't think it's really that different.. only it doesn't wears it's suit yet in HL²

Combine Guardian: Combine in large mech suits. Were in the alpha, not in final game.
>I have not seen this in the leak.. where was it?

White Combine Soldiers: Were different in the alpha. Acted more like the female assassins in the first Half-Life.
>The elite are different from the assassin. I suspect the assassin will be back in HL3 or something like that.

Cremator: In the alpha, but not in the final game.
>except for it's head ofcourse :p again: where was it in the leak? I've seen it's files, but not him/itself

Some kind of uber zombie: Again, in the alpha, but not the final game.
>the poison one? Haven't seen it in the leak tho...

DeltaBlast said:
I don't think it's really that different.. only it doesn't wears it's suit yet in HL²

What suit? The stalker in the alpha looked like corpse with its skin ripped off and most of its muscles missing. The only reason I actually think of those slave creatures at the end of HL2 are actually stalkers is because their screams are the same.

The guardian and the cremator I saw only from the files, never actually in the game. I did, however, load them into a map I made with Hammer and the guardian had a charge-up attack that did major damage.

the poison one? Haven't seen it in the leak tho...

No, not the poison one. Poison one was in the leak, but the one I'm talking about looked like zombie, but was completely buffed up and strong-looking. Sort of like the gonomes from OpFor, but looked much more strong.
But I never saw it in-game. Only in the model viewer.

Most of the sounds are still in the cache files from ones that where taken out, theres a cool looking model (from what i can tell) of a:

Combine Super Soldier

It must have got cut or just hidden away in a part where you wouldn't catch a good view of it. Shame.

Yea those and loads of weapons were cut unfortunately ;( the Hopwires *cries* so awesome.

I am sure people can make and add a new bullsquid to HL2 and Garg too :)

you don;t even need to make the bullsquid, it's sitting in the leak, would be easy enough to pull, it looked really cool, too, especially the eyes

This is really why the leak is so unfortunate. I really wish I didn't know this stuff was in the game at all, but was cut..

MiccyNarc said:
This is really why the leak is so unfortunate. I really wish I didn't know this stuff was in the game at all, but was cut..
I must agree on that point... But I have no regrets at all for playing the leak... it was a lot of fun and really worth it :p

Only a very few maps worked on my alpha, so I wouldn't know about a lot of the cutted enemies. Were there any enemies in the final game that weren't in the alpha?

This is all a pr trick to make us go out and buy the "Raising the bar" book and, in the future, all the expansions and of course Half-Life 3. :angel:

DeltaBlast said:
I was gonna edit the screenshots in, but my pc crashed when I tried to blast it with the superphysgun so I had to reboot and everything, thus not making the 15 minute mark in which you can edit your posts..

hence this doublepost.

so...
Woah woah - where's that bit in Nova Prospekt? How'd you get there? I remember seing one or two "experiments" on CCTV screens (looked like people in the process of becoming Combine) but wooo.
Also, how did you get the souped-up gravity gun in the normal gun? What's the console command?

Ironically, all this talk of cut enemies is making me want to download the alpha...

el Chi said:
Ironically, all this talk of cut enemies is making me want to download the alpha...

Same here, actually.

el Chi said:
Woah woah - where's that bit in Nova Prospekt? How'd you get there? I remember seing one or two "experiments" on CCTV screens (looked like people in the process of becoming Combine) but wooo.
Also, how did you get the souped-up gravity gun in the normal gun? What's the console command?

It is one of those two 'experiments' you saw. I just noclipped to the part of the map where the camera looks at. And the superphysgun is obtained by going to the last levels where you get it, then use the command changelevel to go to another level, and you keep the superphysgun (if you don't have it, use impulse 101)

What did the Cremator's look like? And all the rest of the missing ones.

the cremator was an awesome enemy. it was this sort of thing with an eye in his stomach... here's a link to the picture

http://www.hl2.fn.pl/opis/wrog/cremator.jpg

i tried putting a cremator in some alpha map, but all i got was an invisible model.

why did valve cut all the interesting things? ;(

Evil^Milk said:
the cremator was an awesome enemy. it was this sort of thing with an eye in his stomach... here's a link to the picture

http://www.hl2.fn.pl/opis/wrog/cremator.jpg

i tried putting a cremator in some alpha map, but all i got was an invisible model.

why did valve cut all the interesting things? ;(
the head of this enemy is in eli's lab

they also removed the wierd creature that shits out headcrabs in that dark cave filled with headcrabs, plus I remember seeing small antlion mites or what they wehere called, kind of cockroach like creatures

You guys have to consider though that hl2 is progression - some old enemies made the cut and some didnt.

If hl2 had all the old enemies in it would have had to comensate with more levels based on Xen spillage which doesnt really fit into the Combine story so much.

I would have thought that snarks would be infesting Ravenholm and other areas right along with the zombies and headcrabs... hmm.

EVIL said:
the head of this enemy is in eli's lab

they also removed the wierd creature that shits out headcrabs in that dark cave filled with headcrabs, plus I remember seeing small antlion mites or what they wehere called, kind of cockroach like creatures

In the materials GCF, there is an empty folder for what is called the Antlion grub.

azz0r said:
You guys have to consider though that hl2 is progression - some old enemies made the cut and some didnt.

If hl2 had all the old enemies in it would have had to comensate with more levels based on Xen spillage which doesnt really fit into the Combine story so much.
Even so, it would be nice to have battled more aliens, ie: not the Combine.

Back