The Completely Unofficial (But Danimal & Ennui Endorsed) NIN Thread

Another clip is up, it's looking really sexy.

The new single is called "Empty Shell," ****in lol. Please tell me he didnt use the amen break:

Los Angeles, CA. Nine Inch Nail's first single from the new as-yet to be titled record is scheduled to hit airwaves on Monday, Jan. 8th. "Empty Shell" features heavily distorted, almost unintelligable lyrics that swirl and blend with a stew of futuristic guitars and synths, producing a heavily stylized and textured alien goth-rock anthem. The track conjures post apocalyptic images of dejection and personal abandon. The instruments pulsate and throb almost as one voice over a backbone of muted Drum 'n' Bass percussion, giving the song a decidedly brooding and murky quality until it all erupts in one of the most abrasive guitar solos ever recorded. This is not your father's Nine Inch Nails -Revolver

lyrics:

Burning flesh inside this hell!
Now I'm but an empty shell!
Drowning in a pool of lies!
Ears are ringing from my cries!

You are someone that is gone!
You left me here I was your pawn!
How could I be so dumb inside!
I could not tell that you had lied!

EMPTY SHELL!
EMPTY SHELL!
EMPTY SHELL!
BURN IN HELL!!!!!

You hurt me really ****in bad!
My soul is dripping tears of sad!
Now I'm really ****in mad!
Cant remember feeling glad!

This is ****in unlucky shit!
Once again I'm in a pit!
[screaming] ****!
I'm all alone and feeling stuck!

EMPTY SHELL!
EMPTY SHELL!
EMPTY SHELL!
BURN IN HELLLLL!!!!!

I was so afraid that those were the actual lyrics to a Year Zero song.

Then I realized January 8th was TWO WEEKS AGO.

I lol'd.

anyone visit the NiNhotline site?
says first single is due April 9th according to HMV.co.uk
hmm...interesting.
wonder how fast these will go.

more news!

NINE INCH NAILS is scheduled to film a video for the new track entitled "Survivalism" beginning Monday, February 5 in the Los Angeles area. The song comes off the group's new album, "Year Zero", which is slated for an April release.

link here
i really hope i get to see the video on TV just a few more times than i did with the singles of the previous album.

also, apparently someone posted a link to a song off the new album over at ETS but theres no confirmation on whether it really is a Nails track.

no, i have not listened to it...and probably won't until the album is released.

for those of you interested, the NiN Performance page has been updated and The Popo and Ladytron are opening acts for the European tour dates.

any Ladytron and Popo fans here?
i haven't checked out either but nows a good a time as ever! :p

...Ladytron and Nine Inch Nails... ...in the same... ...building...

Oh my God.

I'm guessing thats a coded track listing on that site?

Nin.com was updated with an April 17th release date for Year Zero.

Nice, new DVD this month, new album in April, and plus I get to see them live in May! :D

Nin.com is being updated almost daily and surprisingly...its been kinda hard to keep up :LOL:
the site is now taking pre-orders for DVD, HD-DVD and Blu-ray versions...and for those keen on posters and lithos, they are giving away a free litho with each pre-order while supplies last.

i decided to order the Blu-ray version since that version will be the hardest to find in general and so i'll get the other two from a local HMV.

who is pre-ordering? :p

I pre-ordered the DVD version. Can't wait... and a lithograph.. yay.

Pre-ordered my DVD version few days ago on amazon.co.uk :D

1151200208502bo8.jpg

YES!

Finally my NiN ticket for the Birmingham gig on the 4th March has come! :D

Anyone else going to that one?

I am so going to see NiN this June. Get this: They're being backed up by Bauhaus (Lol goth) and TV on the Radio.

I am so going to see NiN this June. Get this: They're being backed up by Bauhaus (Lol goth) and TV on the Radio.

i got to see Peaches and Bauhaus open for NiN for the Toronto summer tour show and man...the performances were great!
no Bela Legosi's Dead that night but very memorable performances :thumbs:

NiN will play songs from the next album on this tour.

You guys get to hear this album without having to wait for a leak :O

Back