The enemies stopped attacking! They lost their artificial intelligence. WHY? PLS HELP

bat_lyubo

Reaction score
I was playing HL2 and suddenly all the bad guys stopped doing whatever they are doing and became lifeless. Thir artificial intelelligence is gone. They dont react or anything. How can I fix this? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
:sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper:

Yeah you pirate, and you come ask on a HL2 fan site! the cheek! get outta here.

this happened on my 'garry's mod'; i had set up traps with zombies inside for my mate, it set off and they were just standing there,(its safe to say i was laughed at) a message now appears on the screen 'A.I disabled...' can u help?

D.L said:
this happened on my 'garry's mod'; i had set up traps with zombies inside for my mate, it set off and they were just standing there,(its safe to say i was laughed at) a message now appears on the screen 'A.I disabled...' can u help?

You pressed "v" or "x" something. One of those disables the AI. Just press to reactivate.

To everyone who accuses ai_disabled people of warezing, I am yet to see any definite proof that it's a warez-only problem. In fact, quite a few legal people have AI issues. The red aux power bar is definitely a warez-only problem. As for the disabled AI, it's not so.
Besides, I never get the point of not helping people with the warez version, of anything. If they want to warez, it's their problem, and it's not going to cause me to be less civil to them than to other people.

You know its a warez person when they only have one post and don't reply; it's the guilt talking.

Shens said:
You pressed "v" or "x" something. One of those disables the AI. Just press to reactivate.
Ta v.much

Solver said:
The red aux power bar is definitely a warez-only problem.
I know you're not talking about the power aux bar not regenerating when you die underwater, cuz everyone who plays HL2:DM gets that :angry: ... or have I completely misunderstood you?

He's talking about a different issue Rafa

It's to easy to shout WAREZ when you could stop being fagots and actualy help.
Open up the console (search to find out how) and type in ai_disable (or is it ai_disabled?)

Solver said:
To everyone who accuses ai_disabled people of warezing, I am yet to see any definite proof that it's a warez-only problem. In fact, quite a few legal people have AI issues. The red aux power bar is definitely a warez-only problem. As for the disabled AI, it's not so.
Besides, I never get the point of not helping people with the warez version, of anything. If they want to warez, it's their problem, and it's not going to cause me to be less civil to them than to other people.

Maybe the point is that criminals shouldn't get tech support on a product they didn't buy?

bat_lyubo said:
I was playing HL2 and suddenly all the bad guys stopped doing whatever they are doing and became lifeless. Thir artificial intelelligence is gone. They dont react or anything. How can I fix this? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
:sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper:

This is what you get when you don't listen to Smokey Bear.

Only you can prevent pirating.

Danimal said:
This is what you get when you don't listen to Smokey Bear.

Only you can prevent pirating.

LOL! I think someone needs to turn that into a "draw the forum" post :D:D

lol. Good ol' smoky bear. :)

I say down with pirates! If you want support then pay for it.

Right, for one. This man has shown NO indication that the version of HL2 he is playing is a Haxx0r3d copy.

Number two, have you tried deleting the .gcf file and getting Steam to re-upload the files to you? It might have gotten corrupted. Otherwise, have you been using console cheats? If you have you may have inadvertently passed over a trigger point for those opponents to commence their movement scripts. If they don't get their trigger point, they aren't going to react. Try returning back to the start of the level you are currently on.

Hope these suggestions help you.

I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned in the multitude of ai_disable threads on this forums, but shouldn't the "ai_disable" console command get the AI working again?

Or perhaps it's Valve's foolproof way of showing warez users the hand, and, like Arnie in T3, saying, "Talk to the hand." In which case, serves you right. :)

Back