The final hours is online

That was one of the best gaming news article ever. HL-2 team deserves a hell of a lot of credit for their hard work! Great job guys! I can't wait to play your product!

ApocalypseNow said:
I am a subhuman piece of trash, and shouldn't be allowed out in public without a leash.
he flames gabe so you respond by flaming him, pi? real mature man........... real mature :rolleyes:

excellent and very interseting read....way to go Valve. Now I'm really getting axious to play.

I wonder if his old partener regrets leaving ?

Alec_85 said:
Great read. Feel bad about Yahn though. What could possibly have happened? Emailed him last year or so about an idea on CS:S. He seemed perfectly fine then. I hate if anything serious has happened. And TBH, it sounds that way.

I hope Valve comes out okay through all of this. Good luck guys & gals! :thumbs:

Yeah, I'm kinda worried about Yahn too.

Damnit, all I've got to say is that Gabe wasn't bullshitting us after all when he said Mike Harrington built a boat and sailed around the world :E

But a great read, very informative.

EDIT: What's being said about Yahn then? All I can find this fast is this:
"Sending off the final discs won't be the most exciting moment for me," he later says in Valve's conference room. "For me that moment will come when I get to hand Yahn's wife a big check and say, 'All those promises we made about building an exciting company and the value that your husband represents to us are true,'" he says.

Which doesn't sound too promising :(

PvtRyan said:
Damnit, all I've got to say is that Gabe wasn't bullshitting us after all when he said Mike Harrington built a boat and sailed around the world :E

But a great read, very informative.

EDIT: What's being said about Yahn then? All I can find this fast is this:

Which doesn't sound too promising :(

The fact that it mentions handing yahn's wife the check, and not yahn... and also earlier mentioned was this, which may or may not be related.

We absolutely have chewed people up on this project," he admits while walking through the lobby. "You can really burn people out on projects like this." Then he adds a rather ominous footnote: "Sometimes they never come back."

I thought it was more a reference to his wife being skepitic about him working at a game developer.

I e-mailed Gabe, and he said nothing happened to Yahn. This is what he said exactly. lol

Heh.

No, nothing has happened to Yahn. It's just that I am more afraid of his wife.

Gabe

Back