The First Idle Speculation Thread!

Sheepo

The Freeman
Reaction score
OK. Dog is gonna kick major ass and maybe even have combat AI

Now you go

If we're realy going tothe arctic, or some cold place, Alyx is gonna need some new clothes... Or Gordan will have to keep her warm. :naughty:

:down arrow: your turn

Gordon will strike oil after smacking his crowbar into the ice too many times.

I dont know and i am starting to care less about ep3 because valve is seriously pissing me off with their non-trailorness... :|

Why would they waste time with a trailer when they could be working on the game?

I'm still maintaining my stance, that they will show some evidence of another citadel in another city, whether via an in game video screen, or an image, or visiting a City 16 itself.

I think that at the end the advisors will kill Eli just as things are starting to go right for once.

Did I do good?

On there way to the Artic, there will be a big battle with a "The Thing-esque" creature in a long-abandoned mountain ski resort.

Gordon will be able to trigger cinematic physic-avalaches ;)

Or at least the same setting but with a different horror aspect that does not include zombies

We will find out at the end of EP3 that the entire Half-Life series is in the imagination of an autistic boy named George Froman. And then his mom will serve him cake and she will sound like GLaDOS.

The Heavy, Soldier and Demoman will run in and blow an advisor into next week, then all taunt as the killcam zooms in on them.

I predict that Biozeminades will return.

Gordon Freeman will shoot some people, and the plot will be continued.

:|

On there way to the Artic, there will be a big battle with a "The Thing-esque" creature in a long-abandoned mountain ski resort.

Gordon will be able to trigger cinematic physic-avalaches ;)

Or at least the same setting but with a different horror aspect that does not include zombies

Badass. Using avalanches as a weapon.

Gordon Freeman will shoot some people, and the plot will be continued.

:|

Probably the only mention in this thread that will actually happen.

If Alyx comes along, she'll be ticked and scared.

If Barney comes along, due to Alyx's grief, we'll see cool new character AI implementation skills from Valve being able to be used in more than just one character. This would mean that Valve has the ability to make any video game character very likable as a person and yet a good fighting companion.

If Dog comes along, it'll be tough to get him to fit into the narrow corridors of a ship and thus making the possibility far less likely.

If no one goes besides Gordon, eh, I doubt it.

Whatever happens, I would expect it all to be different than what we think it to be. To state, "Nothing is as it seems." (Guess the movie)

I bet the Combine have taken over the Borealis (que the Episode Three concept art) and it is up to Gordon and his partner (whoever) to either undermine the facility and destroy it, or slowly overthrow the Combine presence there. I think there'll be more than just a visit to the Borealis. But it would be interesting if that ship is actually the stage for the entire storyline for EP3. Maybe the ship is much larger than expected, or the Combine have dug deep underground through the Borealis and there's much more power than we expect deep in the earth.

If the Combine are on the Borealis, it is quite apparent that the Combine are going to try to harvest whatever sources of energy they can from it to gain an initiative since their grasp on Earth is crumbling horribly. OR, the Combine have no clue what they're tapping into yet...nah.

Also, the G-Man will show up, probably at the ending and about once somewhere through the opening parts of the journey. The story (for the Episode) will probably end in a sort of cliffhanger not yet showing the results of our actions.

In the end, it will not yet have ended. I'll say it clear and simple: Episode Three is not the end of Gordon Freeman, or the Half-Life series. Not yet, and hopefully not for quite some time.

The advisor might have telekinetic abilities, but that won't protect it from the -40 Degrees Celsius Temperature of the Artic Winter

Unless the other dimension doesn't post at least a Gortex Sweater to it, it will freeze to death before Gordon will have a chance to take a stab at it.

The advisor might have telekinetic abilities, but that won't protect it from the -40 Degrees Celsius Temperature of the Artic Winter

Unless the other dimension doesn't post at least a Gortex Sweater to it, it will freeze to death before Gordon will have a chance to take a stab at it.

This would also mean that it is a bit unlikely other characters are coming with us. Well, maybe they will. Alyx was about to board the chopper with Gordon, so I'll take it there's wear for the antarctic around the base somewhere. Gordon won't need anything besides a nice cap or something like that. His Hazard Suit will keep him warm anywhere beneath the neck.

I'm sure Valve will not overlook the realism factor of being in the arctic. I want to see where the graphics will go with this episode.

A new HEV suit? Maybe they have fetching blue ones on the Borealis cos blue = cold :thumbs:

Maybe Breen or someone is holed up there like some deranged Mr Freeze in said HEV suit :E with some ultra cold CO2/liquid oxygen spray that freeze's things!

Advisor, stay out of it.
You see how my date joined is in February 2008. I actually joined in 2004. Those f**kers did that.

Back