The First Idle Speculation Thread!

That's it! Get in the box!

yeah actually i have to ask as well are they those things that you threw and they crawled along and hit anything in front of them???
You probably wanted to continue the joke didnt you.

i did bad didnt i

im gettin in the box

I remember when I first found out about biozeminades.

Thats when I went mad :(

If you heed my advice, you will stop asking. If you must know, google it. But I stress to ye - DO NOT!

The Biozeminade is a lie
The Biozeminade is a lie
The Biozeminade is (drops dead from attack of Biozeminade)

I'm hoping something will be revealed about Gordon's pre-MIT life. Because lets face it, we know quite a bit about the other characters we don't know anything about Gordon.

-Were his parents divorsed?
-Were they estranged?
-Did Gordon have brothers/sisters?
-Did something unusual happen to Gordon in his childhood?

The reason I say this is that the HL saga has started to become more and more storydriven, and Valve have developed the game around the "Silent Protaganist" mechanic, whereby they are literally saying "We are Gordon Freeman". We feel what we feel, so Gordon Feels, we think so Gordon should think, etc.

So I'm thinking; I am not emotionally attached to my parents, before or after the RC, so I absolutely hated them. But is there any truth in that?

Plus I was kinda hoping Gman would be like "the Ghost of Christmas Past" in one of his cinematics, and have a stern talk to us about future events, from the comfort of the childhood living room, perhaps even showing us a sequence involving our parents.

I hope that Gonomes will return, and seeing as the Advisors are now out in the open, the rare 'Advisor Zombie' will be featured.

Judith, since she no longer has any character left in her, will be killed.

Freeman will speak.

Weird since when did we have an episode 3 trailer.

I would also like evidence of other citadels.

I'm hoping something will be revealed about Gordon's pre-MIT life. Because lets face it, we know quite a bit about the other characters we don't know anything about Gordon.

-Were his parents divorsed?
-Were they estranged?
-Did Gordon have brothers/sisters?
-Did something unusual happen to Gordon in his childhood?

The reason I say this is that the HL saga has started to become more and more storydriven, and Valve have developed the game around the "Silent Protaganist" mechanic, whereby they are literally saying "We are Gordon Freeman". We feel what we feel, so Gordon Feels, we think so Gordon should think, etc.

So I'm thinking; I am not emotionally attached to my parents, before or after the RC, so I absolutely hated them. But is there any truth in that?

Plus I was kinda hoping Gman would be like "the Ghost of Christmas Past" in one of his cinematics, and have a stern talk to us about future events, from the comfort of the childhood living room, perhaps even showing us a sequence involving our parents.

That's the thing. Valve wants to (and has) present us as Gordon Freeman. And that means that Gordon's past, present, future, person opinions, abilities, and practically everything about him is all based on the player. Giving him a past story makes us feel less like Gordon, less like the hero. And that sounds quite opposite from what Valve should do. Making players Gordon places them on a pedestal, and it really shouldn't be done in other ways.

Weird since when did we have an episode 3 trailer.

I would also like evidence of other citadels.

Um, there was no trailer. This is just a rumor, speculation, and theory thread about what we want or think will happen in Episode Three. Of course, most of this is just turning into Biozeminade talk.

I hope that Gonomes will return, and seeing as the Advisors are now out in the open, the rare 'Advisor Zombie' will be featured.

Judith, since she no longer has any character left in her, will be killed.

Freeman will speak.

I can see Judith killed off, or there could be some strange cliff-hanger (probably) and we don't really know what happens to anyone.

Freeman will not speak. I can see if you're just stating something funny though. I'm just clarifying for those who really believe so.

Freeman will not speak. I can see if you're just stating something funny though. I'm just clarifying for those who really believe so.

Yes. But, I mean, it's possible. Maybe Alyx could say 'Gordon are you okay?' toward the end, and Gordon replies 'Yeah, i'm fine..'. Eh, just a thought.

I tihnk GLaDOS will appear (maybe just as a cameo) on the Borealis.

I honestly don't believe Glados is alive. I mean, the song said so, but I don't believe it. I think the only reasons Glados would appear on the Borealis would just be as a secret egg or something like that. The story of Portal was simplistic and not meant to tie into the actual HL universe other than the fact that Aperture Science, the corporation, was Black Mesa's #1 enemy, and the Borealis was built by Aperture Science. That is the only ties I would see Portal having to the Half-Life games, that and the use of portals eventually (maybe).

Portal 2 on the other, that I would expect to have something like the return of Glados, but who knows.

I still doubt Gordon speaking. He stays more cool as the silent guy. Who wants him to turn into deep-voiced Master Chief?

I honestly don't believe Glados is alive. I mean, the song said so, but I don't believe it. I think the only reasons Glados would appear on the Borealis would just be as a secret egg or something like that. The story of Portal was simplistic and not meant to tie into the actual HL universe other than the fact that Aperture Science, the corporation, was Black Mesa's #1 enemy, and the Borealis was built by Aperture Science. That is the only ties I would see Portal having to the Half-Life games, that and the use of portals eventually (maybe).

Portal 2 on the other, that I would expect to have something like the return of Glados, but who knows.

I still doubt Gordon speaking. He stays more cool as the silent guy. Who wants him to turn into deep-voiced Master Chief?

You know what'd be even better? If Freeman had a Mickey Mouse voice.

Gordon will strike oil after smacking his crowbar into the ice too many times.
Is this one a two part mystery where Dr Breen gets shot at the Nexus plaza, and it turns out that the baby did it?
I dont know and i am starting to care less about ep3 because valve is seriously pissing me off with their non-trailorness... :|
I AM CONSUMZOR, FEED ME OR I RIP YOU WITH MY MIGHTY TALONS OF APATHY.

- The Rebel AI will still be shit.
- One Random character will be assigned a new costume accessory.
- Valve will cut a line of dialogue explaining why Gordon starts with only Eli's bloody prosthetic leg in his weapon inventory, but this will go overlooked.
- Geek prayers are answered when Alyx gets naked. Only a fraction are turned on by her Penis.
- Chell turns up and sings a rap song, preventing Alyx and Gordon from ever getting to the fireworks factory.
- Samon will love it unconditionally for a week, spend three subsequent weeks finding things to hate and will declare them a month later.
- Biozeminades ate Freddie Starr's Hamster.

Alright, got a new theory to all of this.

Oh, by the way *SPOILER ALERT FOR EPISODE ONE AND TWO*

The G-Man meant to put us in stasis at the end of HL2 and maybe sell our services to someone else. But the Vortigaunts interrupted and saved Gordon and Alyx. The G-Man said, "We'll see about that."

In an interview, it was stated that the G-Man is a bit agitated and angry because he has lost his control over Gordon. In Episode Two, the G-Man was able to speak to Gordon while the Vortigaunts were "occupied" but he did not just retake Gordon into his posession. Reason: Gordon had to make sure Alyx made it to White Forest and relay the words for Eli. Now the G-man has been working throughout the games on either side of hte fence. He really is not for human or Combine as he has helped both sides of the fence in several cases. The G-Man sent Gordon into City 17, which caused the uprising and the overtrhow of the Citadel. But the G-Man (while possibly instructed to do so since "quelling them was out of the question") was also responsible for the events struck in Half-Life 1, and maybe even the ambush at Mossman's lair in the arctic.

Since the G-Man has been one to manipulate events throughout past games, it is quite possible that the G-Man was linked to the Advisors finding Eli and killing him. I mean, the G-Man did happen to warn Eli through Alyx. But what was the purpose of his death? The G-Man may be a friend to us since he is currently either quelling those who could not previously quell, or already has done so. If he is currently doing so, than maybe he is trying to (with the use of Gordon and Alyx) overthrow this agency or government that is responsible for the majority of these events. If he already has quelled them, then what purpose would there be in all of this?

I think the G-Man is trying to change things again (as he already has) because of the "mess" made by the Vortigaunts. I mean, think about it. The G-Man meant for Gordon to head back into stasis or have his services exchanged for something else (whatever it was). But because Gordon was not in stasis when he should have been, Alyx came across the data packet allowing the humans to have another edge up against the Combine, which worked. So to put a damper on the human efforts (as he was supposed to do with Gordon leaving early and the packet not being found so the Combine could invade once more maybe) he had Eli killed. Maybe things were supposed to happen differently after Gordon left, maybe something else was supposed to happen to the Citadel's destruction. But it doesn't matter now, what matters is what the G-Man wants things to be cleaned up into, coming down into the Borealis, which probably was not supposed to be found like Eli said and therefore the G-Man sent the Combine over to find Mossman's base. In there were probably the coordinates for the Borealis, which the Combine would have found. Since the Combine would have been in a bit of a turmoil because their Citadel's were just kind of shut down, they would want to use the Borealis as a weapon. But as Eli said, "There's no controlling that kind of power."

Finding the data packet meant that we could beat the Combine in another way and also find coordinates for the Borealis. This probably was not meant to happen because Gordon would have been in stasis and Alyx would have been dead. And now the humans are probably headed for a horrible fate unless the players make a different choice in the game.

So to sum up, this wasn't meant to happen and for this mess to be cleaned up in Episode Three (maybe), I think the G-Man is going to put Gordon back into stasis. (wait a second, that's not right)

I'm pretty sure I veered off tack near the ending, but I hope this brings out a new light to it all.

I don't think Gman had anything at all to do with Eli getting killed. That was an impetuous attack by a group of clearly enraged Advisors. He could not have predicted that and he could not have gained anything from it. Gman made sure Alyx gave Eli his warning just seconds after finding out the Borealis had been found. He WANTED Eli to know it was about the Borealis so he could set on Gordon and Alyx onto a specific course.

Though it's totally true that none of this was supposed to happen. The Gman has always had a grand plan, but now he's scrambling and trying to make the best out of a clearly unexpected situation.

I think Chell will show up and hook up with Barney :D

Too bad we don't know anything about Chell, really...

I think Chell will show up and hook up with Barney :D

Too bad we don't know anything about Chell, really...

Except that she's either pretty old or dead since Portal most likely took place 20 years before HL2.

Except that she's either pretty old or dead since Portal most likely took place 20 years before HL2.

I'm half-kidding, really....I'm optimistic, though. :) Chell looked young enough in Portal....and perhaps she merely blacked out at the end...

Then again, she could never appear again, and I'd be okay with that. :p I have faith in Valve either way.

yeh and after all the combine business is over with Alyx, Gordon, Chell and Barney can go down the local for a nice pint :D

Giving him a past story makes us feel less like Gordon, less like the hero.

But if we are not presented with a past history (pre RC), then we don't have a sence of identity.

Speaking with anyone with Alzeimers will tell you this

Just thought I would let you know that there may be a connection between Gman and Magnusson (although a very loose one)
As it has been mentioned in commentary that magnussons' personality had been slightly relayed to the hive mind of the vortigaunts, due to Ureah's close proximity to him. Plus his language is almost unique to him.

Magnusson: "What next, a constant parade of interuptions
Vortigaunt: "constant parade of obstacles"

Now you could tie the bond between Gman and Mag as they could have some sort of link too, due to the unique word usage they share. Off course it doesn't necessarily mean they have telepathic ability, just that Mag may know Gman, the same way that Eli did.

Gman: "I am not one to squander my investments."
Mag: "Don't squander my trust, or my magnussons"

I think thats just Magnusson using fancy words to sound smart.

True. The Vortagaunts all speak similar to Magnusson

'What next in the parade of constant interuptions'

Because Valve use that to imply he has a strong relationship with Vortagaunts. Including Uria in White Forest.

And yet we hear no human speak the word "squander" in any of the HL games, and now all of a sudden, two of the more interesting characters use the same "fancy" word in the same episode. This either means the script writers are getting a bit more creative, or that someones implying something.

Just thought I would let you know that there may be a connection between Gman and Magnusson (although a very loose one)
As it has been mentioned in commentary that magnussons' personality had been slightly relayed to the hive mind of the vortigaunts, due to Ureah's close proximity to him. Plus his language is almost unique to him.

Magnusson: "What next, a constant parade of interuptions
Vortigaunt: "constant parade of obstacles"

Now you could tie the bond between Gman and Mag as they could have some sort of link too, due to the unique word usage they share. Off course it doesn't necessarily mean they have telepathic ability, just that Mag may know Gman, the same way that Eli did.

Gman: "I am not one to squander my investments."
Mag: "Don't squander my trust, or my magnussons"

Either that, or vice versa: The Vortigaunts have picked up Magnusson's speech because of their admiration for him (like Uriah has). And we all know that the Vorts are aware of the G-Man. But Magnusson did come from Black Mesa, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a link between Magnusson and the G-Man.

And Samon, you're right about that. It's just I had the sudden realization that none of this was supposed to happen through the G-Man's eyes and that the G-Man is actually trying to reach some fate about all of this (probably that the humans should not use the Borealis). Of course, it also seems like the G-Man is stating that whatever is going to happen can't be stopped like the Black Mesa incident. We're not necessarily under the G-Man's control, but he's aware enough to know what is imminent concerning certain events. Tim explained quite a bit to me about the G-Man and his "quellings" and also other things mentioned in his speech in Episode Two. And you know Tim.

I would very much like to see.........

.....A great amount of Half-Life 2/Portal Universe crossover - It would be great to see a GLaDOS clone neatly hibernating aboard the Borealis. Or better yet, activating her and being able to sic a psychotic supercomputer onto the Combine. (Knowing GLaDOS, she would hack the Combine soldiers and tech to emass her own personal army).

I don't want everything resolved in Ep.3, It'd all be to squashed and ruin any mystery for future HL games. THe ending should be even more darker then that of Ep.2, with a new factor coming in to play, Kleiner getting kidnapped, Magnusson dying and the rebellion being crushed. All that will remain is Gordon and Alyx, living like shadows, trying to defeat the new evil.

Every big HL game ended with a G-man sequence, Half-Life 1 did, Half-Life 2 did, however, both episodes have not. This is because they were supposed to form "Half-Life 3" with another G-man ending, so from this I can tell Ep.3 will end with a G-man sequence - this would mean our mistery's still won't be solved.

Before I get flamed, read the 4th word of the topictitle.

i think that you will be captured at the end of it. maybe you will find another portal there and release more combine and have to clean it up in HL3

How many ****ing cliffhangers can VALVe cram into a series? People. Let Episode 3 close the current story arc definitely.

Back