The G-Man

Jeehde2

Reaction score
You are in some sort of train and suddenly you see another train on the other side, theres a doctor inside and someone else... he wears a nice suit, looks at you and looks very different from the rest..
Later on, you see him again, standing behind a window, looking again... You have no clue who he could be, but you meet him again and again, until he starts talking to you, about some sort of job....

Every Half Life fan should know that Im talking about the mysterious G-Man. Somehow, he is one of the most important characters in Half Life. But why? You meet him sometimes and he starts talking about a job at the end.

But what do we know about him... He works for the government, he is very mysterious and wears a nice suit...

Thats about everything we know... But what will be his function in Half Life 2?

Im asking you to post an idea, what will be his role, will we see him more than in part 1, will we know more of him, will we know why he is so important...

He's "your employer," and is taking you to City 17 for details that will be revealed later.

A magazine mentioned a minor spoiler about the G-man.
In Half-Life 2, the G-man will follow you around and stalk you just like in the original Half-Life.

I myself think he WILL betray you in the end. I think he is using you for his own sick agenda.
Like getting Gordon alone in the prison and raping him.

Well Amigo.....

That looks pretty clear to me.... Im not stupid you know ;)

But does anyone have an idea, why Valve included this man,

or can anyone guess what will happen to him..

I'm hoping he's gonna be like:
'Hi there! Sorry if I creeped out you there before Gordon - just had a bit of a sore throat! You know how it is. Hey, check this out - I can speak Chinese now!'

Petabyte said:
I think he is using you for his own sick agenda.
Like getting Gordon alone in the prison and raping him.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! that made me laugh ...

i think the gman will betray gordon as well ... i think the gman will do something that SURPRISES us ... :LOL:

koopa said:
I'm hoping he's gonna be like:
'Hi there! Sorry if I creeped out you there before Gordon - just had a bit of a sore throat! You know how it is. Hey, check this out - I can speak Chinese now!'

HAHA, nice. I can speak Chinese now, that was great.

I dont have an answer to your question, but does anyone recognise the symbol that is on the gman's briefcase?....

'Mr. Freeman, it is time to face the consequences.'

which symbol?

nice idea... does someone have a screenie of it?

Yeah, betraying would be cool... HL2 ends with it, or something
like that... just like part 1 :D

Maybe at the end.... the Gman tells Gordon that everything was a lie... the world is not real... MATRIX hahahaha that would be great.... he is just like smith... :LOL:

If a topic is made over and over and over again, it usually gets criticized.

Why is this never the case with the weekly G-Man topics?

IRTT

I believe the G-Man is an intergalactic male stripper that puts on a facade of seriousness only to later strip off his suit and reveal a pink thong and a butterfly tattoo on his right buttock. At this point (by the end of HL3), the player has the choice of running off into the sunset with the G-Man or putting a revolver in their mouth and blowing their brains out.

Well,

I cant recognize anything in the symbol, maybe well know more

in HL2

Maybe no one criticises a ,,weekly" thread about this character,

because he is just to interesting...

You gotta talk about something and well... the Gmans just cool

It could be an elephant's trunk, or a handgun pointing downwards.

They look like two different symbols on those pictures to me. I don't think it means anything. It's probably just a logo.

We know that he has two papers and a gun in his briefcase. If you hold your target in a certain position when G-man's around you can see through his briefcase.

A gun? Well, you never know :D

What about his name? G-Man, G for what?

Did I miss something?

I thought I read it somewhere, something about the government...

maybe that explains his name too.... Government Man :E

Assuming he does work for the government, why would the SWAT storm Black Mesa and TRY to kill you in the original? Damn people, thinkg straight for once!!

Edgar said:
That symbol is the black mesa symbol.
no it isnt. its probably "the administration"s symbol. isnt the balck mesa symbol lambda?

Samon said:
No one ever said he works for the government
Well considering the Grunts in HL don't shoot him... And he is around them and stuff..

And the G most likely stands for Government..

Anyway.. Did Cr0m let you take his avatar?

Crabonhead: No. We see that symbol in the very beginning of the game, on the world map in the BM lobby.
It is also on those big metal crates.

Uuhhhh looks like one big conspiracy....

No one has a real clue... this could get very exciting... they wouldnt put symbols like this in HL for nothing...
:rolleyes:

no it isnt. its probably "the administration"s symbol. isnt the balck mesa symbol lambda?

The symbol for Black Mesa is (surprisingly!) a black mesa. The Lambda symbol is the symbol for the Lambda Complex.

It is definatly the black mesa symbol on his brief case, check in HL1 in the reception area as soon as you get off the train, there is a large map on the back wall you can see the same symbol on there.

He stalks Gordon because of an offer.... for a job...

Job? What kind of job? What could Gordons new job be?

Any more ideas for ,,G" man?

As far as i know, gman is just a government man. Seems to me that he was sent in to make sure there was no increminating evidence left at the BMRF and/or to take some stuff out of there with him.

I read the first post and thought, was the gman on another train at the begining? or somewhere else along the line. i don't remember seeing him.

test :)

He was on another train, on the other side... just before you arrive... :O

standing next to a doctor

So Gman stands for Government Man... at least I think so...

I couldnt think of anything else...

maybe G stands for Gay man, stalking Gordon all the time :naughty:

I only saw him much at the beginning of Half Life...in the first hour... after that he got rather rare, or I didnt look well enough

The reason why he did stalk you is because he's simply got too much time on his hand, which in a way, is rather Ironic in the game :)

The only time he's actually referred to as the G-Man is in the OpFor manual.

Also, G-Man was a term that existed long before Half-Life. If he actually does work for the government, then Laidlaw certainly wouldn't make it so unbelievably freakin' obvious with such a name, now would he?

If you ask me, he's just called the G-Man because he looks like one. I wouldn't look into it any further than that.

Back