The Gabeth speaketh

Homer said:
Well, I'm glad he confirmed it, but I kind of wish he would just tell news sites instead of making short posts on random forums AFTER saying that he wouldnt make big announcments like that.

Well, it shouldnt be more than a month now anyway.
He said he would make the gold announcement a big thing by reporting to the major sites and whatnot. An RC really isn't big news since it can still be turned down.

Varsity said:
If I were VU I'd slap a gold label on it after making sure it installed. Not only have Valve done more than enough testing but they need the money! :p

This is why I should be working at VU! :cheers:

Jesus, I stop checking this forum for a mere few hours and something actually happens.

Remember, VU could still approve the RC, and hold onto it until thanksgiving.

Who knows what will happen.

Just incase there are still people reading this who still don't believe it to be real go here:
http://www.hl2fallout.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6610&st=90

... And scroll down until you find ShaDoW's post, he is a moderator there.

ShaDoW said:
Thanks for the info Gabe Newell!

And yes, this post is in fact, real. We double check every post made by VALVe thru IP.

Keep the thread clean you guys! Remember who you are talking too / about.

Finally this will only take a few moments i mean days to go gold, its got to be bug free The RC will be DAMN THAT WAS FAST LETS GO GOLD!!!.and we will have the game on sept 30

stokkes said:
Remember, VU could still approve the RC, and hold onto it until thanksgiving.

Who knows what will happen.

There would be rioting in the streets.

Has anyone else having this feeling that hl2 will go gold tomorrow or the day after tomorrow?

Nex321 said:
Has anyone else having this feeling that hl2 will go gold tomorrow or the day after tomorrow?
There is a small possibility, but I'm not expecting it.

I think you will see it go gold once the CS:S beta ends.

Nex321 said:
It's certainly possible, but at the same time. It could also take a few weeks, and probably will :(

September 30th. Announcement. Date and gold.

It's bound to happen.

Here's the thing I don't understand about RCs:

Valve has already done tons and tons of bugtesting if they're confident enough to send out a RC right? Then what good will Vivendi's testing do? It's Valve who know the game best and can spot problems with it a mile away. I trust Valve to test their own game. Maybe Vivendi just does a massive test with hundreds of playtesters. Apart from them doing that, I just don't understand what good it does giving it to Vivendi for testing.

guys it is true i sent a pm to a admin there they checked for his ip and says its real :)

DarkStar said:
Valve has already done tons and tons of bugtesting if they're confident enough to send out a RC right? Then what good will Vivendi's testing do? It's Valve who know the game best and can spot problems with it a mile away. I trust Valve to test their own game. Maybe Vivendi just does a massive test with hundreds of playtesters. Apart from them doing that, I just don't understand what good it does giving it to Vivendi for testing.
Not all developers are like Valve. And remember, VU will make some changes to the game (no CD checks though, I hope) and probably make an installer too.

DarkStar said:

Its a standard procedure thing, Vivendi is a publisher that works with other developers that may not have been working so hard on testing as Valve. Besides, in the business world you should never trust anyone.

Homie said:
guys it is true i sent a pm to a admin there they checked for his ip and says its real :)

Well I asked Gabe Newell and he says It's real too.

hl2f is down again hehe

EDIT: ihm dont know ho it posted my old post here...

DarkStar said:

That's a good question, my guess would be that it's probably just an official thing. I mean Valve would, and did, playtest the shit out of HL2. But not every company would, they could theoretically slap together a game and send it to the producer and if they didn't test it too, they would be putting their name on some terrible game.

But, I'm sure someone knows exactly why.

EDIT: This may be the fastest growing thread ever.

hopefully that gabe and the gang do release flares into the air signalling the game going gold. I got a flare launcher and I am thinking if i should shoot some in the air when it goes gold.

DarkStar said:

It is good to test things in as many systems and as many situations as possible.

Certainly the amount of testing Valve has done should make the process easier though.

Expect the HL2 sites to be under incredible load 2nite :) 221 users browsing the HL2 Fallout Gabe topic alone! And rising ...

dkelly said:
That's a good question, my guess would be that it's probably just an official thing. I mean Valve would, and did, playtest the shit out of HL2. But not every company would, they could theoretically slap together a game and send it to the producer and if they didn't test it too, they would be putting their name on some terrible game.

But, I'm sure someone knows exactly why.

Yeah, I think that's basically it. Also, I think they'll be checking that all the files are there. And Vivendi could be testing lots of different hardware.

There's a lot of things they can test that Valve may have overlooked.

What they WON'T be testing is how the game plays. They won't come back to Valve and say "Level 3 is awful to play, change it".

I thought you guys could use this LOL FUNNY well at least i think

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Attachments

• Wowgirl.JPG
    Wowgirl.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 357
... Is this important?

so they sent the RC... but it's still about a month till release.

Feath said:
Yeah, I think that's basically it. Also, I think they'll be checking that all the files are there. And Vivendi could be testing lots of different hardware.

What they WON'T be testing is how the game plays. They won't come back to Valve and say "Level 3 is awful to play, change it".

After all this time, I would be very surprised if Vivendi found something that Valve "overlooked."

I still think that it's a strange and terrible way to announce it.

Feath said:

Please don't be so negative Feath, it's the only good news we've had in quite a while, let's keep this thread for the celebration!

:thumbs:

I hope the staff have a gold colored scheme ready for the forums :D

P43.2/1Gig/X800P said:
I thought you guys could use this LOL FUNNY well at least i think

:eek: :eek: :eek:
pfft yes i got a good crack out of it. STEAK put me in a STEAK hmmmm

Evil^Milk said:
... Is this important?

so they sent the RC... but it's still about a month till release.
Perhaps. The significance is as soon as the RC is done, it should go gold. (unless Valve is doing things differently)

I believe it is true..

That user has made 32 posts so far, all of them are in forums where only Valve people have access to.

/D

Progress is always wonderful to hear.

HL2 is just that little bit closer.

Cool news. :D However, it does not mean the game is completely done. It's possible the RC period can last for a few more weeks. Sure, there's the chance it might end this weekend, but it's just as likely to end a month from now. I'm going to treat this as simply another small step towards release. Until i hear the gold and release date announcement that is. :)

I just started my second job at Gamestop yesterday just so i could get 20% of Half life 2 lol .That job is so easy just talk about half life 2 to all the custumers and things like that.

Does anybody know whats 20% off of 79.99<---hl2 collectors

ShadowFox said:
There is no reason to assume that.

I'm not assuming, i'm just saying it's a possibility.

Remember, no reason to assume it'll come out as soon as it goes gold/or as long as it takes to duplicate once it goes gold.

Fact is, we really don't know.

Back