The hands are too glossy

|Link|

Reaction score
I have a problem with the new hand textures! They are way to glossy! It wasnt this way before, it happened after the update!!
Can any one tell me how to reduce the glossiness?

Attachments

• de_dust0016.jpg
    de_dust0016.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 419
  • de_dust0017.jpg
    de_dust0017.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 348
Some of the models fell into varnish during the update, it happened to a few of the unfortunate ones

/me salutes

(There have been other threads on this today, maybe some of them have solutions)

Switching on mat_bumpmap fixes it for me.

mat_bumpmap "1"

BigWalnutZ said:
yes i have the same problem...FIX THIS

Okay, we'll get right on it.

EDIT: Seriously though, I'd expect this to be fixed in the next update, it doesn't seem like a huge issue.

LOL! I didn't think some people had it THAT bad!
Mine looks PERFECT.
I'm currently using an ATI Radeon 9600 XT.

it's the sign.. Hl2 GOING GOLD AHHHH GOLD HANDS GET IT??!??!

I'm just being psychotic, don't mind me. :D

Yea I got the same problem bro, I was like arnt the guns suppose to be shiney? Only my hands are shiney, kinda weird... But what ever man CS:S is going to be so great it ain't even funny.

SlagOps said:
Yea I got the same problem bro, I was like arnt the guns suppose to be shiney? Only my hands are shiney, kinda weird... But what ever man CS:S is going to be so great it ain't even funny.

fo sho!

gooooooooooold Fingeeeeeeeeerrrrr!!!

I'm just wondering, do you have a Geforce FX5200 by any chance?

Can you stop posting the fix? We've all read it and there's no point positing it twice in a row. Can we just discuss this?

This is a minor glitch. It's definately not a show stopper bug.

What graphics card does everyone have? I think this bug only applies to Geforce FX5200, like Sparta said.

I'm not going to bother trying to fix it myself, I'm just going to leave it and wait to see what Valve does. It's better watching Valve fix bugs and seeing the progress they make.

killahsin-[CE] is correct. If I turn set, mat_bumpmap to 0, I get glossy hands and the textures look half as good as they should.

To fix the glossy hands and make the textures look a little more detailed, please type in console:
mat_bumpmap 1

Some people do not have the console. This can be fixed. Go into Counter-Strike: Source, then open Options -> Keyboard -> Advanced and check the box for console.

Also, some people may have old/older video cards, and by default, everytime you run CS:S, your video settings for the game will be set to the recommended settings. To fix this, create an autoexec.cfg file in your CSTRIKE folder in your CS:S directory. Then modify your autoexec.cfg file accordingly.

Back