The HEV

OMG! How stupide can a guy get! Not wearing a helmed in the middel of the headcrab season?!(June -> July)

Well he doesnt have a helmet on in any of the HL1 posters either, and we didn't see a helmet in the locker room where he picked up the suit, so I'm gonna have to assume that he only wears a helmet when working, and when he went to xen.

But then again remember in op4, I think I remember seeing gordon jump into the portal and he wasn't wearing a helmet there either...so therefore I conclude that valve wants gordon to look cool and damn the logic behind it.

Funny I was just thinking about this yesterday. The Gordon Model in HL didn't wear a helmet. You could see this in the third person view. Though for the sake of the game. I doubt valve thought it necessary to make this known. The radio active sludge point makes it clear. He did were a helmet. Although it was a horribly ugly helmet/ FDC lookng mask on a model wearing an HEV Suit in HL MP. Which you can see Gordon holding and wearing here.
ghelmet.jpg

I wonder if and what the new helmet would look like in hl2. Hopefully something with a little more sleek and conceptual design. Like any of the the C17 police or Combine.

Ok, I know how fanboy that sounded. But still,

skumbuzzul said:
Funny I was just thinking about this yesterday. The Gordon Model in HL didn't wear a helmet. You could see this in the third person view. Though for the sake of the game. I doubt valve thought it necessary to make this known. The radio active sludge point makes it clear. He did were a helmet. Although it was a horribly ugly helmet/ FDC lookng mask on a model wearing an HEV Suit in HL MP. Which you can see Gordon holding and wearing here.
ghelmet.jpg

I wonder if and what the new helmet would look like in hl2. Hopefully something with a little more sleek and conceptual design. Like any of the the C17 police or Combine.

Freeman looks super nerdy in that picture.

skumbuzzul said:
ghelmet.jpg

AHAHAHAHAHAH......hehehe.....AHAHAHAHAHA :eek: :D :rolleyes: :eek: :D :rolleyes:

he's definately wearing a helmet because obviously he can't swim through toxic stuff with out it, and in hl2 there will be the zoom function implemented into the helmet, thus proving he's a girl and has to wear a safety helmet cuz mummy said so

HL2.net should run a 'design gordon a HEV helmet for HL2' compo :D

Tadashi said:
Well, the toxic slug is the only reason, he should wear it.
Maybe it hangs on a cord like those gloves for kids ;D

;)

I believe they're refered to as "Idiot Mittons"

helmetmask.jpg

Not really what I have in mind. But something I wanted to see. It could almost work. As the mask could be obtained from a fallen guard. Makes sense. But I'd like to see other ideas.

Brian Damage said:
True, true. Is your sig a quote of my headcrab description?

umm.....yes :monkee: .....mind if i use it?........it was so funny......... :x

So if Gordon is wearing a helmet when he's running around the place why don't you see it when he goes to put on his HEV, and why do neither of the female scientists in Decay never wear their helmets either?
IMO it's all a bit fecked.

He doesn't wear one peroid tbh.

Remember all the times the scientists said 'hello Dr.Freeman!' 'Freeman its you!'
they couldn't really do that if he was wearing a helmet. I thnk its fair to say that he never wore a helmet because he's to cool* for one.

*nerdy cool.

UKchaos said:
Id really like to see those pieces...

There they are, below your post. The one I have just has that same model of Gordon holding the helmet, but on its own.

Gordon has to wear a helmet, otherwise he wouldn't have the HUD interface, and he couldn't hear the suits onboard AI.

Bicka said:
He doesn't wear one peroid tbh.

Remember all the times the scientists said 'hello Dr.Freeman!' 'Freeman its you!'
they couldn't really do that if he was wearing a helmet. I thnk its fair to say that he never wore a helmet because he's to cool* for one.

*nerdy cool.

Nah, he takes it off to talk.

King_thingy: Of course you can.

Back