The "Is this a photoShop" Question:

My guess is that it is a "reserved copy box". Sims 2 had something similar here in Sweden, and you got a sample CD with it with some goodies to watch. If you look at the first pic, theres a flap on the upper base, folded towards us. In the second pic, the flap is on the other side of the upper base, but the artwork still shows Gordon. Which means that the front and back has the same art.
I guess the reason he blurred some part of the box and the CD is because they said something about it being a "reserve box" or a "sample CD".

There you have it.

Pay attention, people. A new link was posted on page 5 of this thread.
rkef said:
"why not take more than one picture"? And "why not a picture of something new, like the manual"?
Actually, desipte the instant MA15+ inaccuracy, and the fact that the box doesnt appear to be as deep as the box flap,. my question is why would he stop there to take the picture? If I had a copy of HL2, I'd be f'n playing it!! (and what better way to prove you really have it then by showing some screenshots of the game that are not available anywhere else)

iamaelephant said:
I think it's just a mighty fine photoshop. Damn some of these people are good at that.
YOU'RE BACK!!
YAY the forum is interesting again :D

Welcome back dude

it is not a good photoshop at all. trust me, i would know. it is a bad photoshop job. simple 3-4 step process. it's very sloppy. seriously.

it looks good to the untrained eye, ;)

i already posted in this thread things i noticed immidiately, look over that for some things.

It's the "coming soon" box. They have a wall of them in Electronics Boutique. I've held one. (I'm in Australia)

exoeight said:
it is not a good photoshop at all. trust me, i would know. it is a bad photoshop job. simple 3-4 step process. it's very sloppy. seriously.

it looks good to the untrained eye, ;)

i already posted in this thread things i noticed immidiately, look over that for some things.

well, i dunno for sure whether it is fake or not. But if ur wrong exoeight, yr quote is really sig-worthy :LOL:

apoc4lyps3 said:
here is the link
http://img70.exs.cx/img70/4428/DSC307.jpg

yes it is a fake, many people have confirmed it and there are many things in the picture that say it is photoshopped.
It's not Photoshopped. I don't know what you people think you're seeing. This is a genuine photograph of a real box. However, the box in question is a display box like the kind you often see on store shelves before the actual game is released.

Mountain Man, those are two different boxes. Notice one of them has a rating in the lower right corner, while the other has Sierra and Valve logos.

Quark express.. 45min

*closed*

oh, sorry

*opened*

Probably not a direct photoshop. My guess is he made the boxart in Photoshop, and printed it on cardboard. Then he just cut it, and folded it into that shape. The manual could be made pretty much the same way, with some photopaper and a stapler.

kinda off topic but just an example of what photoshop can do
some of you guys might have seen it already

Crazy Photoshop

It LOOKS real but something is wrong with the thumb if you stare at it long enough :cheers:

mannequin said:
no ****ing way hydra would be on the final artwork hehe

I was thinking of the Hydra too. Last I'd hear people speculated it was removed from the final version. Seeing this I wondered if it was still in or not. But I suppose the reliability of this box art doesn't help that question much.

dunx said:
kinda off topic but just an example of what photoshop can do
some of you guys might have seen it already

Crazy Photoshop

It LOOKS real but something is wrong with the thumb if you stare at it long enough :cheers:

Nah, I can easily tell it's photoshopped.

Ownzed said:
Nah, I can easily tell it's photoshopped.

Yeah i know that the photoshopped face looks photoshopped but it looks EXTREMELY better :LOL:

Not sure if it's a photoshop or not (could easily be, look at worth1000.com sometime) but the edge of the thumb appears to have some trace aliasing from a light background left.

Either way, I'm sure we'd have heard more if he were actually playing now.

But why did they take out the Hydra? That is so dumb. :angry:

Sparta said:
who said they took out the hydra?

About 3 weeks ago we all found out that they took out the hydra because it wasn't working......

If you search for hydra or something in the search part you can easily find the thread about this. Munro was the one who started it, as he's played through the rc (i think) or some version of hl2 at valve. It was something to do with scripting vs. realistic ai. That they could only get it to work if they scripted it....i.e. tunnels bink video..... so they removed it from the game....

Or on the optimistic side they say "we removed it" so that you get freaked out when you finally meet it and BAM!!!!

I think it looks quite real.

http://img58.exs.cx/img58/4426/DSC314.jpg

and that pic of the "manual" is a DVD case, its obviously way too think for a game manual. And about the thumb, im not too sure what your trying to point out there, my thumb can bend the same way. Ill send a pic to prove it if you want.

HOWEVER.. Just becase its a real box and all dosent meen that he has the game.

If he wanted to be totally 100% convincing in showing that he had the game, show the DVD.

-End

Well as a matter of interest to some of you.
The Box is AUSTRALIAN (You might just see the coat of arms in the bottom right)

Ignoring the image for a second.

1.The Ma15+ Rating is CORRECT for an australian box. Its the highest rating we have here in Australia
2.The box size, well common enough here
3.The case, again fairly common
4. The date, CORRECT, thats yesterday for me as I write this.

Personally I think it looks fairly legit. However that dosn't mean it is legit. It could be a coming soon box, or the guy works in a store or something.

Tiddalick said:
Personally I think it looks fairly legit. However that dosn't mean it is legit. It could be a coming soon box, or the guy works in a store or something.
I'll assume you're right, that its Australian. The box has the cover art on both sides. Its definitly a display box / pre-release box / coming soon box.

GRIMEY said:
It's the "coming soon" box. They have a wall of them in Electronics Boutique. I've held one. (I'm in Australia)
Umm, yeah.

i think its a real box
but would someone explain to me how 6 cds fit into a single dvd case?
Given that it says PC-CDROM on the box, and the 2nd pic has a standard dvd case..

Back