The Machinist

yes... it looks sweet. i dunno tho, it seems like it's just another "run-of-the-mill" type suspense-horror movies where everything slowly goes wrong and then... eh what do i know

btw i like your sig with zim lol

dude... christian bale is amazing. this film looks ridiculously great. i cant wait.

Looking forward to it :) Bale's one of my favorites

Empire of the Sun is probably the most memorable film with Christian Bale in I've seen. The rest when I realise it was him in it it's like "oh yeah.... " he's one of them guys you notice, but don't.

Anyway, the machinist looks pretty sweet. Why hasn't it had a release?

I love the dialogue where the couple are swearing at each other.
:LOL:
The movie doesn't look scary at all.

This movie looks amazing, I can't wait.

Frank said:
http://movies.filmax.com/themachinist/trailer/choose_trailer.htm

It looks pretty ****ing good...

WARNING:
There's a bit nudity in the trailer - you see a breast, but that's about it!

I saw this two weeks ago in Harvard Square in Cambridge, MA.
It was the only theater at the time in the Boston-Metro area which
was playing it.
It is well worth the price of admission. A disturbing tale of a man who for reasons unknown to the viewer has not been able to sleep for a year. This period has taken a severe toll on him both physically and mentally.
After an unfortunate incident in the machine shop where he works, his fellow workers turn on him and he's eventually fired.
His only friend and confidante is a small time hooker who seems to have a future for the two of them on her mind.
It's dark, disturbing, and there are several "clues" placed throughout the movie to help lead you in the direction of what's actually happening.
If you liked "Tax Driver", you'll like "The Machinist".

Ha, i've been to this movie in a local cinema, me and a friend of mine were the only persons watching this film. anyway it's a great movie, christian bale is awesome although sometimes it's very hard to look at him because he looks just like skin and bones :I

anyone know when it might be available on DVD? I won;t get a chance to see it in theaters

anyone know when it might be available on DVD?

Not yet announced.

christian bale is awesome although sometimes it's very hard to look at him because he looks just like skin and bones

Oh NoEs!!111 Bale is not teh sehx aNymorE?!?!!!?!!!one

:p

Wow, just finished watching this and it's crazy. Totally awesome movie and it's insane to look at Christian Bale in this compared to what he looked like in American Psycho. The movie itself imo is brilliant, I love crazy shit like this and thought it was perfect. I'd recommend it for sure.

Yeah i thought itd been around for ages? Ive had it for months, not got round to watching it yet though

MrMan said:
Yeah i thought itd been around for ages? Ive had it for months, not got round to watching it yet though

Same, might watch it tomorrow.

I got it on DVD about a week ago... I enjoyed it and I still do! I still keep finding hints to the plot throughout the movie.
If you like movies such as Donnie Darko, Fight Club, The Usual Suspects etc - movies where all the strings get tied together at the end then you'll definitely like this one...

Yeah just watched it finally last night, awesome film, so much to it! The sort of film that i found myself watching with a puzzled face until right at the end where it all gets tied together and explained and you're like "ooo thats cool"...great film, great performances, cant believe how different bale looks. Recommended.

Back