The Mandatory "What are you listening to now?" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You ****er.

Justice - The Party

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I can't find this version in my Autechre collection, what is it from?

Anti EP. 'Twas released as a political statement after the British government passed an act of parliament prohibiting raves. As they described them: Gatherings where music defined as "sounds wholly or predominantly characterized by the emission of a succession of repetitive beats" was played.

It's pretty aged, having been released in 1994. There's much better stuff in the rest of their catalogue, so you're not missing much. Has a far more dance-oriented angle than their other work. But "Flutter" is pretty good.

The 33 RPM version isn't on it and I have no idea where it came from. As far as I know, it's just a fan who recorded the record playing a lower speed. I picked it up on Soulseek.

Typical by Mute Math.

Fantastic new band. Acquire the self titled album now. The songs flow together magically creating a wall of sound that ultimately pleases the ear.

Edit: K, nevermind. The album kind of sucks it. The first and second songs are worth the download, though.

Anti EP. 'Twas released as a political statement after the British government passed an act of parliament prohibiting raves. As they described them: Gatherings where music defined as "sounds wholly or predominantly characterized by the emission of a succession of repetitive beats" was played.

It's pretty aged, having been released in 1994. There's much better stuff in the rest of their catalogue, so you're not missing much. Has a far more dance-oriented angle than their other work. But "Flutter" is pretty good.

The 33 RPM version isn't on it and I have no idea where it came from. As far as I know, it's just a fan who recorded the record playing a lower speed. I picked it up on Soulseek.

I'm familiar with Flutter, but I guess I'll slow it down with Audacity and see how it sounds.

I found the beat sounds a lot more quantized, whereas the original just sounds messy (not in the traditionally good Autechre way). But it's the synths by the end that just take on a different tone that makes me love it.

SYMPHONY X - Communion And The Oracle

and since i cannot double post:

Justin Timberlake - i think that she knows (a great new single)

I found the beat sounds a lot more quantized, whereas the original just sounds messy (not in the traditionally good Autechre way). But it's the synths by the end that just take on a different tone that makes me love it.

Wow, I slowed it down to 57% and it's a totally different song. A superior one. Shit, I think the put the wrong version on the EP.

What's more, I now have a track that's 17 minutes long, putting it into awesome ambient epic territory.

Three Days Grace - Animal I Have Become

I don't really like this genre of music, but this song gets my attention.

Lol, nearly up to 100,000 views. Apparently someone out there really wants to know what we're listening to.

Black Light Burns - Stop A Bullet

"I've got something to say... I've aquired a taste for watching you in pain. It's really hard to admit, it makes me feel like shit... but I mean it."

Love these lyrics. Has a really NiN-ish edge to it.

"Because you can't... you can't... you can't stop a bullet. I'm givin' you my trigger but you better never pull it."

D.A.N.C.E. by Justice.

Purely jammable. And the video is awesome.

Aphex Twin - Raising the Titanic (Big Drum Mix)

Awesome.

Madonna's playing guitar. It really is the end of the world.

I'm running through both Old Tunes tapes right now. The simple majesticness of the tracks is wonderful.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow(Hey Oh)

Going to see them in NY on August 15th. :D

Queen - Who Wants to Live Forever

I'm trying to prevent myself crying, but I'm borderline failing. ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back