The Mandatory "What are you listening to now?" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I was saying before, this is what happened with Boards of Canada. They were being posted a lot in this thread, and I was just too lazy to gather some to have a listen to myself. Once I finally did, I became hooked and fast. Awhile later, here I am with the entire discography, three t-shirts and over 1,700 plays on Last.fm. Amon Tobin is a world of itself. It has some of the same feel as BoC, but more of a relaxing orchestral feel to most, others are just plain jazzy. I'm really liking the stuff I've heard so far, and I can see myself for enjoying this for a long, long time. Thank you, Ennui, for persuading me via MSN to acquire some. I appreciate it dearly.

Amon Tobin - Dream Sequence

You guys got Chaos Theory?

Nope, I think that's the only one I don't have D:

Muse - Hyper Chondriac Music

I've only just realised this is Hyper Music but slowed down and to different music... clue was in the title all along >_>

*puts on Origin of Symmetry for the 500th time*

As I was saying before, this is what happened with Boards of Canada. They were being posted a lot in this thread, and I was just too lazy to gather some to have a listen to myself. Once I finally did, I became hooked and fast. Awhile later, here I am with the entire discography, three t-shirts and over 1,700 plays on Last.fm. Amon Tobin is a world of itself. It has some of the same feel as BoC, but more of a relaxing orchestral feel to most, others are just plain jazzy. I'm really liking the stuff I've heard so far, and I can see myself for enjoying this for a long, long time. Thank you, Ennui, for persuading me via MSN to acquire some. I appreciate it dearly.

The only way to describe the music is... exotic. Everything's so lush and colorful. Supermodified is my favorite album. Alas, I lost it on a plane.

I'm a little 50/50 with Amon Tobin. I heard alot of praise for Bricolage and when I got it I could only really get into Stoney Street, Easy Muffin and Dream Sequence. I've got the new album, too, and one more which is hidden in some Saved/Downloads folder somewhere but I need to get some more.

Squarepusher - Papalon

I love Hard Normal Daddy. So much.

Queens of the Stone Age - Suture Up Your Future

Really dreamy track, especially when compared to the rest of the album (Era Vulgaris). Tis sandpaper to the ears, I tell ye!

"Fingerbib" by Aphex Twin

One of the best? I do ****ing think so, thankyouverymuch.

Boards of Canada - Kiteracer 1

Absinthe, the entirety of the Richard D. James album is genius, pretty much.

Yes, but only Fingerbib captures the essence of what I imagine racing through some Japanese cloud city feels like! At least for me.

Milburn - These Are The Facts

Milburns yet to be released new album.

"Capital G (Streetlab Mix)" by whoever remixed it.

These fan remixes of YZ are superb (linked in the NIN thread).

NOW: "Four Ton Mantis" by Amon Tobin.

Boards of Canada - The Devil Is In The Details

Death From Above 1979 - Black History Month (Sammy Danger Remix)

"Precursor" by Amon Tobin.

There's a chipmunk in this, I know it.

Now: "Saboteur" by Amon Tobin.

This is absolute genius.

Nirvana - Marijuana

Now : Falkenbach - Havamal

And now : Porcupine Tree - Trains

No fair, the songs you're listening to are all shorter so I can't keep up.

Bluetech - Desperate Ends

I put on a long one just for you.

...And You Will Know us by the Trail of Dead- Caterwaul

My roommate is playing a VNV Nation song.

AntiAnto, it makes me so happy that there's someone else on here that's as completely in love with TVOTR as I am.

Squarepusher - Beep Street (live at the Tokyo Liquid Rooms)

This set is awesome. Includes Full Rinse and Massif (Stay Strong), too. Winner winner winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back