Not open for further replies.
Lemon Demon - The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny

The fight raged on for a century
Many lives were claimed, but eventually
The champion stood
The rest saw their better
Mr. Rogers in a bloodstained sweater

Nine Inch Nails - The Perfect Drug

This song makes me happy, because deep down I know Trent WILL one day find the perfect rug, and it will one day put his living room on the cover of Better Home and Garden magazine.

LOL... the Perfect'd Rug

TV on the Radio - Blues From Down Here

I love this song to death, so much. They played it at the live show where I first heard and discovered TVOTR and it was love.

Queen - Don't Stop Me Now

I'm gonna make a supersonic man out of you all. So Don't. Stop. Me. Now.

That's my favorite queen song. Two hundred degrees, that's why they call me Mr. Fahrenheit, travelin' at the speed of liiiiiiiiight!

TV on the Radio - Wash the Day

it was a technological feaaat

Four Ton Mantis by Amon Tobin

Supermodified is definitely my favorite AT album, but Foley Room is creeping up.

Venetian Snares - Hopeless Pursuit of Remission

Ahhhh October first come sooner

Since 2005, there has been one Venetian Snares album that everybody has talked about: the masterpiece Rossz Csillag Allat Szuletett, Aaron Funk's story of falling in love among the spires of Budapest, scored by an orchestra and the Amen break. If that album was in effect a question, then this one is his answer: the unfolding of this particular Hungarian story. If anything, My Downfall is even more epic and bombastic than its predecessor, but not without those little humorous touches so beloved of Snares.

The achingly sad orchestral instrumental "Colorless" sets the tone for the majority of the album: loss and regret. In fact, most of the 14 tracks on My Downfall are instrumental, and only four of these tracks have any rhythm section whatsoever. Of those four, "My Half" stands out with its coruscating Amens and tensional chord progressions. The choir and harp on "I'm Sorry I Failed You" starts the album's descent toward the dark piano finale of "Mentioning It" via the beautiful "If I Could Say I Love You". Even the cover has a mournful stone sculpture on the front and the previous album's pigeon being eaten on the inner sleeve. If you thought that Rossz Csillag Allat Szuletett was a one-off, then think again.

When trying to recall Aaron Funk's name, I said Aaron North, lol.

Spectrum by BoC

I listen to music lots and update this thread whenever I'm on the forums if it's been bumped since I was last there.

Boards of Canada - I Love My New Shears

Boards of Canada - Chinook

I'll never get over how Mansell-esque some of these sounds are.

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Walk on the Water

Ever Falling by Amon Tobin

I can't get enough of Amon Tobin. I can't get enough of being taken away from life, into another world. I can't get enough.

Everything In Its Right Place (Featuring Erro) - Osunlade

Off the 'Exit Music' Radiohead covers CD. Mmm mmm good.

Ever Falling by Amon Tobin

I can't get enough of Amon Tobin. I can't get enough of being taken away from life, into another world. I can't get enough.

;) I'm still extremely happy that you got the AT bug as badly as I did.

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back