The Mandatory "What are you listening to now?" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Arch Carrier" by Autechre

I was honestly really underwhelmed by the LP5 album. But I've started listening to it again and sincerely can't get enough. I thought the sound palette was too simple previously, but I'm finally picking up on the nuanced little pieces and I'm finding it ****ing brilliant.

Nine Inch Nails - Metal

Been going through songs of theirs (his) I haven't heard... but I actually remember this one from when it was a single. (I think, anyway)

It's on Things Falling Apart as an extra alongside "Ten Miles High", "The Great Collapse", and the rest of the remixes. Can't say I recall it as a single.

Wonderful cover though.

"Arch Carrier" by Autechre

I was honestly really underwhelmed by the LP5 album. But I've started listening to it again and sincerely can't get enough. I thought the sound palette was too simple previously, but I'm finally picking up on the nuanced little pieces and I'm finding it ****ing brilliant.
Rae.

Rae.

RaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRae.

Rae.

Rae.

RaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRaeRae.

RAE

I always thought the jump between Chiastic Slide and LP5 was really wide, but "Rae" somehow seems to make it all fit together. Parts of it remind me of "Pule" for some reason.

Pule is a good chillout track. I find it works as ambient music.

Cichlisuite contains some transition to LP5, most prominently in Pencha and Charachi.

What's fun about AE is that you can guess the chronological order the tracks were made in based on how similar they sound to the next album.

Yeah, Cichlisuite can definitely be seen as the missing link.

The EPs are always good as a taste of what's to come.

The Flashbulb - Earthone Morphine Battery

From the album Red Extensions of Me

This beat is just incredible.

My cat purring. Why am I the only one who posts non music things in here?

Zero 7 - Polaris

Kinetic: because we're all too into music to NOT be listening to it.

Yeah, good point. However, my cat purrs pretty well. Um, Idioteque (The Blizzard Remix) - Radiohead

Neutral Milk Hotel - The King of Carrot Flowers Pt 1

Told Part 1 & 2 - Myself.
Not being immodest, just making sure they're good.

And Ennui, is it mega fun thinking up snappy one liners when you close a thread?

Yo La Tengo - Return to Hot Chicken

Yeah, Kinetic, it absolutely is.

He should have said, "more like, collosed!"

Listening to some Youtube jam with an ER1 and MC 303.

haha, that song is cool. the only song I liked by them though, awesome video nevertheless.

Squarepusher - Ultravisitor

Still by far my favorite SP song.

Kenta Nagata - Kalimari Desert

Yes, I have the Mario Kart 64 OST.

Electric Earth (DC Mix) - Pitch Black

Not the rappers, the NZ ambient dub/electronic group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back