The Mandatory "What are you listening to now?" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interpol - The Heinrich Maneuver.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZtKsfSvFTQ[/YOUTUBE]

NOFX

All of their albums. I used to listen to this and many more old school punk rock bands back when I was growing up. It was all I listened to really.

My favorite song of theirs right now, as was then is Linoleum. That and Bob.

Dethklok - Thunderhorse

And its the "remastered" version I guess. Only had the poor quality until the release of their official album.

a little voice in the back of my head saying, "this probably isn't the best idea..."

you're up late ennui...

course I didn't get any sleep tonight myself.

Sonata Arctica - Champagne Bath

The Fratelli's - Ole Black `N' Blue Eyes

I really <3 this song.

you're up late ennui...

course I didn't get any sleep tonight myself.

Sonata Arctica - Champagne Bath

Naw, early. I got up a six so I could get an early breakfast and study my ass off for a Russian test I had at 9.

Mum - Green Grass of Tunnel

russian test wtf?

Breaking Benjamin - Blow me Away (Halo 2 soundtrack)
best BB song, ever..

Neutral Milk Hotel - The Fool

I take Russian as my foreign language, soulslicer.. or should I say Я изучаю русский язык.

Thom Yorke - The Eraser

Either the rest of the songs on this disc still need to grow on me, or the rest of the disc is really uninspired :(

Listen to Harrowdown Hill.

Jesu - You Wear Their Masks

Jesu have released so much this year, each release on top form and equally fantastic. More bands need to release a lot of stuff in short peroids of time.

Thom Yorke - The Eraser

Either the rest of the songs on this disc still need to grow on me, or the rest of the disc is really uninspired :(

Such was my initial impression. I really only liked "Black Swan" and "And It Rained All Night". But after forcing myself to give it a few more whirls (along with a lot of weed), I really like it. It's like it required me to simply sit out on a balcony one night and just listen through it. "Atoms For Peace" is probably my favorite now, which is surprising considering I kinda hated it at first.

The stripped-down sound of most of the tracks is something I really like. And probably by no mere coincidence, my appreciation for the album came hot after my newfound love for LP5 by Autechre, which shares a few similar elements and also too took time to grow on me (Yorke loves and was obviously heavily inspired by it).

I'd give it more time.

NIN/The Beatles - Come Closer Together

Wonder who made this? I love it hard.

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=bM7tdWRkBp0[/YOUTUBE]

Alice in Chains - Junkhead

Been going on an AIC binge, surprised I haven't listened to them properly yet since dad played it all the time when I was younger. Nice bit of nostalgia there, though.

Smells like Teen Spirit - Nirvana

Been a long time.

Behemoth - Thelema.6

Haven't listened to this album for a pretty long time, as I don't really like its flat production. Out of the last 5 Behemoth albums (incl Apostasy), I find this one the weakest. Pretty sad, since I feel the songs are pretty good nonetheless.

The Great Destroyer - Nine Inch Nails

I find yelling out "I AM THE GREAT DESTROYAAAAAAR" an effective way of finding fellow NIN fans in online games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back