The Mandatory "What are you listening to now?" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backyard Babies - Pet Cemetery (Ramones cover)

I don't wanna be buried... in a pet cemetery .. I don't want to live my life again

Marilyn Manson
- This Is The New Shit

Massive Attack - Risingson

Live on Jools Holland, just dug up some old tapes from his original run in the 90s. Funky shit.

Rush - Distant Early Warning

"The world lays on my shoulders ... "

This was the first song I ever heard digitized. It was on an Atari 800 - when the internet first became usable by citizens. My oldest brother was into the first home computers, so he was on top of things. He played it for me on his computer, and I was like - WOW. Incredible. Music through a computer? Like real music? They barely even had music in some video games yet. Not even beeps and blips, much less a hot new song by Rush.

Of course it was 8-Bit and horribly, horribly, horribly compressed, but you could make out the lyrics for the most part.

I couldn't believe that the computer could make speech. Then he showed me SAM - the first speech synthesizer I ever heard. SAM is legend.

You could type something into it, and SAM would read what you typed and speak it.

Muse - The Groove

Wow, first time I've heard this one. Groovy. :p

Tool - Eulogy

This has to be one of the most fun songs to play on the guitar. Many thanks to hl2.net members for helping figure our Drop D Tuning lol.

Skillet - A Little More

Man, I hate this band so, so, so much. But I really like this song.

What do you listen to that on? Is that GTA or something?

or what album?

How Do You Sell Soul to a Soulless People Who Sold Their Soul??

is the album. My father was a huge Public Enemy fan so I put on the albums whenever I feel like listening to rap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back