The Mandatory "What are you listening to now?" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TV on the Radio - Dancing Choose

foam-injected Axl Rose...

Midnight Madness - TCB

Yes. You did.

Because I can read your mind etc.

On another note, The Chemical Brothers may well be one of my favourite musical mans. Not that I listen to them religiously, but that every one of their songs is good, and I like everything they've ever done.

Harvey Danger - Flagpole Sitta

This bit cracked me up, or more how it's being sung:
"You told them all I was crazy. They cut off my legs, now I'm an amputee, goddamn you"

Sigur Ros - Hoppipolla

Going to go see them in a few hours. RATHER EXCITED.

Ah, lucky you. They aren't coming here for this tour. Last time they came, I missed them because (1) I didn't know they were coming until it was sold-out; (2) tickets were expensive anyways.

Love that song ^^^^ I love the old Hoobustank though, before they went mainstream, you can't beat songs like the mirror, earth sick or thief, good saxaphone and basswork

Squarepusher - Hard Normal Daddy

finally got down to listening to the album. Cooper's World and Rebus are 2 tracks that grabbed me immediately, very acid jazzy. I'll definitely have to give it more listens.

Half-Man Half-Biscuit - The Referee's Alphabet

"The N, the n is for the numbskull who during the boxing day game asks me what else I got for christmas apart from my whistle, an afternoon with your wife mate."

:D

Electronic Battle Weapon 10 - The Chemical Brothers

HEY THERE'S NOTHlNG WRONG WITH M.I.A.

Boards of Canada - Telephasic Workshop

OHGODHOGOD
I just don't get it.

I regularly listen to 4 BoC albums, and I love most of their songs, but the way you ppl jizz all over them is silly. Same with Aphex Twin.

The Rocket Summer - What He Hate, We Make

Okay so I was invited to go to a concert with The Rocket Summer and The Secret Handshake. For those who don't know, it's what I would call indie hipster shit aka what all the scene people listen to. I said yes considering I haven't been to a concert in forever, and it's with friends so it'll be fun no matter what. To my surprise, the music isn't too bad. It's mostly hit and miss, but... I'm really surprised.

The Rocket Summer - What He Hate, We Make

Okay so I was invited to go to a concert with The Rocket Summer and The Secret Handshake. For those who don't know, it's what I would call indie hipster shit aka what all the scene people listen to. I said yes considering I haven't been to a concert in forever, and it's with friends so it'll be fun no matter what. To my surprise, the music isn't too bad. It's mostly hit and miss, but... I'm really surprised.

This has changed all my opinions about you... and not for the good. :|

I just don't get it.

I regularly listen to 4 BoC albums, and I love most of their songs, but the way you ppl jizz all over them is silly. Same with Aphex Twin.

Well I guess you get it or you don't. It's not like musical taste across people can even be accounted for in any objective way. I personally think BoC is so beautiful / perfect because the way the music makes me feel (all warm and lo-fi and human yet surreal and detached, eerie in a comfortable dreamlike fashion) is something I enjoy and can't get anywhere else, at least not through listening to music. Aphex Twin occupies another individual facet of pure musical feeling.

You should try listening to Amon Tobin, he's so clearly a master that it's a little easier to appreciate the incredibly precise specificity of his sound.

TV on the Radio - Red Dress

I like how this song begins with "Hey jackboot, **** your war!"

For me BoC is an all-album experience. I can't just listen to a few tracks and enjoy. I admit most of their tracks on their own aren't terribly amazing, but the whole album can take you other places. Probably differs for others.

This has changed all my opinions about you... and not for the good. :|

All opinions and not just musical opinions? Harsh. Anyway, I was figuring some kneejerk post like this. D:

For me BoC is an all-album experience. I can't just listen to a few tracks and enjoy. I admit most of their tracks on their own aren't terribly amazing, but the whole album can take you other places. Probably differs for others.

I somewhat agree, however I can say I do still appreciate the individual track.

BoC
- Music Is Math

Runnin' Wild - Airbourne

They sound like AC/DC. I like it.

Mono - Are You There?

Haven't listened to this band in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back