The Mandatory "What are you listening to now?" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kurd Maverick - Blue Monday (Lorne Padman & Christian Luke Remix vs Vandalism Remix)

Old Man Gloom - Something For The Mrs

This is probably one of the scariest songs I've ever heard. It's five minutes of repetitive guitar feedback ambiance with some digital atmospherics thrown in at random intervals as if a radio is making contract with an Other. Between the middle and the end, a Hemingway poem reads over the top in a metallica, broadcasted voice, arguing and talking with himself.

Terrifying.

MGMT - Time To Pretend. Without a doubt one of the BEST songs of 2008!

Queens of the Stone Age - Era Vulgaris [Richard File Remix]

You can really hear Trent Reznor's voice backing Homme's in this version with the noise cut out.

Isis - Grinning Mouths

Air drumming along to this shit is a workout in and of itself just because of how into it I get. ****ing soulful music, shitcocks.

Isis - Grinning Mouths

Air drumming along to this shit is a workout in and of itself just because of how into it I get. ****ing soulful music, shitcocks.

The guitars at 3:50-something are sublime on that song. Probably my favourite Isis song to play along to on bass or guitar. I think I'm going to stick Panopticon on right now.

Did you look into any of those bands I suggested btw?

Isis - So Did We

Stunning. A kick in the face from the very first second, but then blissfully quaint melodies and careful pluckings soon afterwards. Loud quiet, loud quiet. What a band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back