The Mandatory "What are you listening to now?" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guitars at 3:50-something are sublime on that song. Probably my favourite Isis song to play along to on bass or guitar. I think I'm going to stick Panopticon on right now.

Did you look into any of those bands I suggested btw?

Isis - So Did We

Stunning. A kick in the face from the very first second, but then blissfully quaint melodies and careful pluckings soon afterwards. Loud quiet, loud quiet. What a band.
Only one so far, I get sidetracked easily and I've already been chasing down some other bands similar to that one. I'll get around to them eventually, though! Good music tends to last me a while. :)

Isis - Holy Tears

Such a seamless transition from heavy riffing into bass/keys driven melodies and back. If I recall correctly I played the first 30 seconds or so of this track to a music aficionado friend of mine a while back and he was instantly hooked on the band. Love it.

Only one so far, I get sidetracked easily and I've already been chasing down some other bands similar to that one. I'll get around to them eventually, though! Good music tends to last me a while. :)

Isis - Holy Tears

Such a seamless transition from heavy riffing into bass/keys driven melodies and back. If I recall correctly I played the first 30 seconds or so of this track to a music aficionado friend of mine a while back and he was instantly hooked on the band. Love it.

:bounce:

On that note, Holy Tears is actually one the Isis songs I... uh, don't really like. Never got in to it. Not a fan of the riff and Aaron's vocals are a little too clean for my liking in the softer parts.

Old Man Gloom - Skullstorm

This is probably the fastest you'll ever hear a song involving Aaron Turner go. Not even a minute long because it's back to his old hardcore roots, though still spine-tinglingly unique. OMG are awesome.

pixies- break my body

wait wait, now it's pixies- something against you

Mono - Ashes in the Snow

New song off the new album. Sounds like a typical Mono song. Nothing too exciting (although there are supposedly different sounds on the rest of the album).

Letter People Show - Black Moth Super Rainbow

So lo-fi and old skool there is dust coming out of my speakers. I LIKE

RobertaFlack (Mike Slott Reflunk) - FlyLo

Flying Lotus is my artist of the year I think

I really like him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back