The Mandatory "What are you listening to now?" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"La Mer" by Nine Inch Nails

I recently just picked it up again at a store for $25. I'd lost it years ago and haven't listened to it for a long time, or at least not in its entirety.

It's easily my favorite album of his. And as these things tend to go, my favorite tracks have all rearranged. I've heard a lot of people say it's not really that different from The Downward Spiral, and I question if these people have ****ing ears. Everything's so wonderfully lush and layered. It's not just an industrial like grind like TDS was. It takes influence from so many other genres and varies so much that it always holds my interest, and his technical recording prowess (with credited technical assistance) is still unmatched by most people in his genre, or industry for that matter.

It's kind of sad to know that albums like this are behind him now, not that I don't dig his new material as well. But it's unique because it still nonetheless sounds like a product of torment, which he was going through plenty of at the time. A clean, sober Trent wouldn't have the state of mind to labor over this.

I agree - Downward Spiral is awesome, but I think what you say about the layering & colors in The Fragile make that album my favorite as well.

"I'm Looking Forward To Joining You, Finally" by Nine Inch Nails

The Beatles - Keep Your Hands Off My Baby

Got the double CD 'Live at the BBC' (69 tracks) from my local library.

Remastered in 1994. What a dated original recording quality. Still, it's cool, I've never heard this collection before. :thumbs:

They sound just as good live..

Philip Glass, Kitaro, & Mickey Hart - #2 For Gaia (performed by the Gyuto Monks Tantric Choir)

Very cool; I have a friend who has recently gotten obsessed with the whole 8-bit music thing.

Metalucifer - Heavy Metal Ironfists

American Metal in Japanese. These guys are crucial. Mind expanding guitars

Archangel (Leif Remix) - Burial

Kinda B-moreish but a bit wonky I'm pretty unsure about this remix to be honest it is a pretty hard song to remix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back