.: The Matrix Beta 1 announcement + new screenshots :.

MoonQuake

Reaction score
This week-end... the Matrix has Counter-Strike: Source.

Friday, July the 22nd, in the evening is the date at which YOU will be able to play the BETA version of The Matrix for CS:S!

REMEMBER: the map is at beta 1 stage so that means there are still minor visual and gameplay bugs. Maybe even major ones. That's why we will be playing the map, find the remaining bugs and get rid of them. This can't be done using BOTS or 2 or 3 people, it requires many good players like you guys to play-test it and improve it.

SERVER ADMINS: in preparation for friday, verify if you have available servers that could run The Matrix 24/7 because the DEMAND for servers running this map might be big. The more servers running the map, the more players enjoying and troubleshooting the map, the faster we will get to a Final build. The CS:S players and I thank you in advance for your support in relation to this. Email me with your dedicated server name and IP and I'll send you a link to the map friday before I post the link on the forums.

Features for "de_The Matrix beta 1":

-Finally, enjoy the visuals and sounds inspired from The Matrix universe running on the Source Engine.

-Battle in your favorite Matrix locations recreated and others inspired by the movies.

-The gameplay is a mixture of the usual fast-paced team-based tactical CS:S strategies combined with the locate-and-destroy/escape classic moments found in the Matrix. Finding an escape route will be vital in some situations and payphones are your best friends. The destruction of the Dojo and the Office is your objective or what you must stop at all costs depending on which team you play.

-Deja-vu impression? Well, you might be just right. Each round, a hack will be applied randomly to The Matrix so access to some rooms might be blocked to make your life miserable... or your death inevitable.

-Free your mind if you want to survive fatal rooftop jumps or low gravity fights in the Dojo.

NEW SCREENSHOTS:

Free your mind...
de_thematrixbeta_01.jpg

An anomaly in the code?
de_thematrixbeta_02.jpg

Previous Official The Matrix map thread (more screenshots):
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=84427&page=5

Take the red pill and, this week-end, I'll show you how deep the rabbit hole goes...

MQ

hl2_moonquake(at)hotmail.com

I admin the RichmondGamers.com Server @ 82.165.176.223, how should Admins get the map?

Splinter: Thats cool! :) Email me with your dedicated server name and IP and I'll send you a link to the map friday before I post the link on the forums.

MQ

SWEEEEEEEEET! Gonna re-install Steam tonight ready for Friday :D

You should show Valve maybe they'll allow people to download from steam or even just put it in the update news.

westie said:
You should show Valve maybe they'll allow people to download from steam or even just put it in the update news.

If it was that official I guess the Wachowski Brothers would want some credit for this.

When is it Friday for you MoonQuake? :) Where do you live?

Holy f*cking shit! finally, i cannot wait to see how good this looks in action, good job on the whole thing

Awesome map! I can't wait for it!!! When will you release it on Friday? Will you have a list of servers? Also, can you jump down the "free your mind" building?

Thanks folks! :)

westie: it's not an official map release, it's for you guys to test it and make it bug free. Also, valve would never let a custom map be downloaded from Steam. :) It's nice to dream tough...

stinger: it's not an official map, I made it for fun and it's only inspired by the movies. They might not get credits for the map, but certainly for the awesome movies they made and I hope the hommage will be appreciated amongst Matrix fans. The map will be released sometime during friday evening eastern time.

ricera: I'm being contacted by server admins and I've put them on my mailing list so they'll have the map running ready for friday night. I can always post some IPs friday but it's easier to filter the map name from your CS:S Server browser.

If you remember in the movies, the goal is not to fall down the buildings but jump and land on the next building. If you miss your jump, guess what happens? :)

MQ

Yeah I know it's not an official map. What I meant to say, is that if it was official and delivered through Steam, I guess someone would like money for it :). As long as it's delivered like unofficially, no one should demand any credit for it.

Eastern time? So it's GMT+?

oooo Looks great :) Good job on the map, looks like high-quality work there.

Whaaaa the matrix great? Comedy man.. Comedy..

All BS beside: Dude, that looks hella great! Can't wait to play it..

:cheers:

MoonQuake said:
Thanks folks! :)

westie: it's not an official map release, it's for you guys to test it and make it bug free. Also, valve would never let a custom map be downloaded from Steam. :) It's nice to dream tough...

Shall i ask them for you, just to see what they say?

Unlikely, because that'll involve Valve into the property rights hoopla which they'd rather not be involved in.

(Or we can call it cs_ubertrix, then that'd be a possibility ^_^ )

Amaru said:
Whaaaa the matrix great? Comedy man.. Comedy..

All BS beside: Dude, that looks hella great! Can't wait to play it..

:cheers:

The Matrix (1) was great. The sequels were worse, but still good.

_-_-SELAS-_-_ said:
cool cool cool I know an admin whom might be willing to give the beta a try :)

Is he from central Europe by any chance? :p

BTW, it took me everything to post these 2 new screenshots. I didn't want to spoil any of the new locations but I knew you'd all trout-slap me if I didn't, so... :)

I hope you'll like the new stuff not seen on any of the screens!

BTW#2, I fixed the freezing bug that I talked about in the other thread. It was a problem with the way the engine understood the divisions of the map. I had to pull out one of my little tricks and cheat the engine! :)

Also, the last update helped a lot to smooth out the overall performance of the map. God bless FPS increase updates!

MQ

Count me in, if I can remember and if I am not doing anything! Looks fantastic :cheers:

Argh, I can't wait! Where do you live MQ? I hope Friday evening for you is not Saturday morning for me :]

Looks god damn awesome, hope this will be a hit among the servers.

stinger.aim92 said:
Argh, I can't wait! Where do you live MQ? I hope Friday evening for you is not Saturday morning for me :]

He said eastern time zone, which means he lives in the eastern US...

I live in central! So if he releases it at 3pm, I'll get it at 2pm :D

Also, MoonQuake, I just want to fall down like Neo did in the first movie :E

ricera10 said:
He said eastern time zone, which means he lives in the eastern US...

I live in central! So if he releases it at 3pm, I'll get it at 2pm :D

Also, MoonQuake, I just want to fall down like Neo did in the first movie :E

Nooooo, so it's like 6 hours backwards. It's 16:13 for me, I was expecting the release like in 4 hours, but I'm going to have to wait about 10!

Crazyharij: me too man, me too! :)

Stinger : yep, eastern US. I should have mentioned it before because it could've been eastern Mesopotamia! :) Hang on stinger, it's coming in a few hours. ... what am I doing, I'm talking to someone that's been banned! Lol, how come?

ricera: if you fall, you won't wake up in an old dentist chair telling yourself "I should have freed my mind better"... you WILL DIE! :)

MQ

MoonQuake said:
what am I doing, I'm talking to someone that's been banned! Lol, how come?

It's just my cool new user title ;)

hmmm... this map or Killer 7? what to play tonight..... i think I'll play this... all night

Lol stinger! banned

Icarusintel: nice! One more Matrix fan playing tonight! :)

HL2.net ADMINS: please do not post a news update about the map on your front page. This is not an official map launch, it's just a... big beta testing party! :)

Keep it secret until the final build!

Thanks

MQ

Wow. that map looks absoloutley fantasmical dude. cant wait to play it (whenever that may be >_<)!!

Rafa: no don't put yourself in trouble for this! I don't want to feel guilty because someone got fired at work for "medical document forgery"! ;)

MQ

It's like 8:45 pm here in Holland, how many hours left? (i'm too lazy to do the math:p)

Do you know how big the map will be in total? I've got some guys that are willing to put it on their server but they're worried people wont join because it'll take to dl it.

Immortal said:
Do you know how big the map will be in total? I've got some guys that are willing to put it on their server but they're worried people wont join because it'll take to dl it.

Like you mean on your server? I miss playing with you hl2.net guys(I'm Unfocused BTW).

The Brick said:
It's like 8:45 pm here in Holland, how many hours left? (i'm too lazy to do the math:p)

I can't wait much longer :D

stinger.aim92 said:
Like you mean on your server? I miss playing with you hl2.net guys(I'm Unfocused BTW).
I could tell it was you from yor avatar because you had it as your spray and when you were talking to selas about europe :D I've talked to Roper and he says he'll put it on the server in the morning (UK time) when he wakes up ;)

What css servers do you go on nowadays btw or is it mostly BF2 :p

Back