The new steam update

R

Raawr

Half-Life 2

* Optimization to the Steam filesystem to reduce game launch and level transition time

Well i for one can say: FIIINNAAAALLLLLY

YAY \o/ finally now all i need is the real stutter patch

This update is huge? Its taking forever

Steam
- Source MODs will now automatically appear in the games list
- Improved startup process for Steam
- Fixed crash when creating a backup that would span multiple DVDs
- Fixed a bug that would unnecessarily validate Steam caches after a cache corruption
- Fixed Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes and Codename Gordon failing to backup correctly
- Fixed a bug where the message “the game files will be deleted and re-acquired” would repeat
- Fixed offline mode failing after not connecting to Steam for more than a month

Half-Life 2
- Optimization to the Steam filesystem to reduce game launch and level transition time

Source SDK
- Simplified debug-launch process for MOD developers. MOD developers no longer need to place a config file in their directory
- Added a registry key for MOD developers to use to locate a user’s Steam installation located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam\SourceModInstallPath

Im guessing some css stuff was hidden in with it

azz0r said:
Im guessing some css stuff was hidden in with it
Naw dude, we have to wait 'til Christmas to open that present...:LOL:

It wont get stuck, it just freezes and goes up in 12's and 13s at points.

I'm wondering how much faster load times are with this update. Can't wait to try it.

Is anyone else having trouble getting the update? I'm pretty sure I haven't got it, but Steam refuses to get it...

Improved startup process for Steam
At last. I hope its real.

Cypher19 said:
Is anyone else having trouble getting the update? I'm pretty sure I haven't got it, but Steam refuses to get it...
The servers may be overloaded.

This update confirms that you wont be getting the "big update" anytime soon, there is no point to release 2 updates the same day or close to each other.
However I can confirm that steam loads 2 times faster with this update, not to shabby...

load time seemed twice as long to me, maybe it was extracting or testing new files or something

I'm not touching this until I know that it won't screw up jbmod for me :)

the update works. cs:s started in less than half the time for me. it loaded quickly.

Mine are about 10-15 seconds now from 30 seconds (well 2 times in ravenholm) and half life 2 starts a little quicker but barely.

Wow. This really improves the speed of things, i just wonder it wasnt already this fast.

Steam loads in about 5 seconds for me now. Outstanding. :thumbs:
Haven't tried HL2 yet, though.

Steam starts up much faster now for me. Good update. Haven't tried any games though.

- Fixed a bug that would unnecessarily validate Steam caches after a cache corruption

\o/

GG Valve.

EDIT: Wow, Steam loads like 10x faster now! Gonna check HL2 now.

Back