The official goodbye forums thread

These people (the thread starters) are just creating unrealistic hypothetical problems. If we haven't had any real problem with it yet, then why would we have a problem now, after the beta leak and the opportunity for much information to be disclosed?

"Nothing to see here, move along...that's it..."

The GCF preloaded for me on day one for some reason and I had a good look.

There was a hl2/scripts folder but it was just a few soundscape and multiplayer scripts.

There was no dialogue. No lipsynch stuff. That's built into the model file I believe.

Edit: I checked the XSI tutorial vids and the lipsynch stuff is stored in a .vcd file. There are no .vcd files in the GCF.

Intamin said:
These people (the thread starters) are just creating unrealistic hypothetical problems. If we haven't had any real problem with it yet, then why would we have a problem now, after the beta leak and the opportunity for much information to be disclosed?

Well, a lot of the people toying with the leaked beta knew that they were hosed if they started tossing out random information. It doesn't take all that much to track you down from something as trivial as a forum registration. That said, they weren't willing to risk whatever penalty by revealing that they had it, or by revealing that they had it by giving out plot spoilers.

This isn't the same thing though. This is just a batch of information that may have some ugly spoilers in it that was GIVEN (albeit erroneously) to them. A lot of these goobers wouldn't have any issues tossing out spoilers in this case, because "Hey man, they gave us this stuff".

People are weird. Some of them will release stuff like that for the sheer purpose of irritating group X or group Y. On the CS:S forums I see people regularly whining about the rampant prevalence of hackers, cheaters, or whatever. So what makes you think that if there are people who hack/cheat/piss you off on any online game, that there won't be people that want to hack/cheat/piss you off in a game forum?

Anywho..... yeah, it may be a bit hasty, and they may be making a big deal out of it. It is, however, foolish to sit back and think "Nah, noone would do that, that's dumb". That's EXACTLY why some of these kind of people do it. :dozey:

Intamin said:

We DID, infact, have real problems before. People DID post major spoilers. But you just haven't seen it, because they are deleted ASAP. But now that the script is very easy to obtain, the threat of spoiling has became FAR FAR greater (and continues to grow as the script spreads). Also, this script contains way bigger spoilers than the leak, such as the ending. And I really understand why people don't want that spoiled.

The sad thing is, there are people that register solely for the purpose of spoiling us (often fanboys of other games/platforms/forums). Just hit and run.
At night, there are less active moderators, so it takes longer for such a thing to be deleted. As I said, a few weeks back, at night, some asshat did what I just described, a hit and run, and posted a major spoiler. It took about half an hour before it was deleted, and at least 100 people saw it (including me). Once you've been in such situation, you know how something like that SUCKS.

good idea. I'm most grateful to all the staff for running this site and keeping me informed, but I'm buggin' before some illiterate asshat ruins the game for me via these frankly shitty forums.

bye!

Rafa 5.0 said:
Just don't hightlight any spoilers, you "should" be fine.
It's not the accedental people that post spoilers without spoiler tags.

It's the people that do it on purpose just to piss us off.

That spoiler tag isn't going to stop anyone.

i remember some asshat went and spoiled the ending of matrix revoultons the day it came out. HE LISTED A THREAD TITLED "NEO DIES IN REOLUTIONS" not that i ever cared about the matrix anyways but if i did i would be pretty freekin mad

Just one question, when was this script or whatever is called leaked/cracked....?

dillingerx said:
i remember some asshat went and spoiled the ending of matrix revoultons the day it came out. HE LISTED A THREAD TITLED "NEO DIES IN REOLUTIONS" not that i ever cared about the matrix anyways but if i did i would be pretty freekin mad
Hope noone who hasn't seen revolutions read this...

That's pretty lame though.

Rafa 5.0 said:
Just one question, when was this script or whatever is called leaked/cracked....?
I think it was the day that the pre-load occured so its been about a week, but its taken awhile for the news to reach the majority of HL2 forums.

Spoilers? x.x

/me leaves for an undetermined amount of time

Well, uh.
I havn't seen Revolutions. I was going to the Saturday it came out I believe, but I had a rehearsal I had to get to around Noon leading up to the performance later that night, and I never got around to seeing it, Especially after the dissappointment of the second one.

I did hear that Trinity died from some friends, but they said it in a way that I couldn't tell if they were kidding or really being jerks :]

***Back on topic: Gordon WILL die. . . least while I'm playing with him. God bless quick saves :D

id be damned if im leaving just because the script was leaked. ive been here through the leak, as well as the "quiet months" when leak info was its most tempting and accessable. these are good forums for the most part, and represent a good community, all anticipatuing an even better game. we have some of the best moderators of any forums ive seen, and they have almost always been in a thread which contained spoilers before me cleaning it up. i feel bad for them because they have no choice but to have to look at them. leave when were finally so close to an actual release? no, i think ill stick around until im too busy showing the combine how we do things downtown.

/end

Orange said:
***Back on topic: Gordon WILL die. . . least while I'm playing with him. God bless quick saves :D
lol, I can see the signatures and posts now:

OMG GORDAN DIES IN HL2!!1!11
At least he did but thankfully I quicksaved just moments before. :E

since the preload is starting, I'm topics only now, so I know when it's gone gold. :D

Well I'm glad I was away for a while, I missed all of the script leak and whatnot hehe :)

Back