The official HL2 countdown thread

Q

qckbeam

Seeing as how we are rapidly approaching the time we've all been patiently waiting for, we thought it would be best to create an official countdown thread.

Freak out, get excited, have fun! After all, the dawn of the next generation in PC gaming is a mere 26 hours away ;)

It's bingo night the 16th, so i don't know what you're getting at :(

Man, I been free from desiring expensive things for a long time now...and I decided that I would buy hl2. now i'm looking for a better video card geforce 4mx just wont' cut it, then i'm like well more ram, better cpu, etfc etc etc..i wish i was free from this desire. maybe i should just let hl go...i hate desiring things

:cheese:

Can't wait. I'll be here at 11:59pm PST, but you won't see me again for quite some time.

im going crazy right now just thinking of it... actually sitting here at my computer PLAYING half life 2... seems like one of those things that you thought never would actually happen, but now it is a reality. omg i want a sleeping pill that would make me sleep and wake up at launchtime tomorrow ahah

i built my comp around half life 2 over the past 2 years

bought the pc first... 3 gig hyperthreading

then uprgraded video from geforce mx to x800 pro

then upgraded from 512 dual channel pc3200 ddr to a gig

then upgraded from sblive! to audigy 2 zs

and now back to the countdown

SO LITTLE TIME LEFT!!!

just about 25 hours and 45 mins

qckbeam said:
This is one excited forum! :p

OMG!!!!11
Half-life 2!!!!1

*begins wierd little happy dance*
*gets over-excited, runs around in circles giggling madly*
*wets self and passes out*

Well starting at 2 AM (I'm EST) I plan on frying up so food to eat whilst I play. All the while I'll be doing a virus scan or defragging so I'm sure I'm into tiptop shape. Then at 2:55 all communication with the outside world will cease as I wait with baited breath for the moment that will forever shape my life.

HL2 and Bloodlines at the same time, this is just too much for me to take in :p

25 hours 38 mins 10 secs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, 25 hours? By my count it should be 23 hours, 36mins. Have I messed up with the time zones (again)? Dammit, this must mean it's unlocking 9pm here, not 7pm. Arg.

Yeah, HL2 just seems one of those mysterious legends people read from old books that tell you about great secrets and magic. Dammit, HL2 is already a legend, it's like a thing that doesn't really exist.

X_x I wants it

If you want, you can send me your copy and I'll destroy it so you can continue to live in despair.

still can't believe it is finally here..scared I will wake up and its october 2003 still!!

anyways,thank you Valve for making these last few years so entertaining

and thank you for this game which we are about to receive(finally!!!)

and thank you all at HL2.net,for being here! cheesy,I know!but so what?

O Joyous Day!!

iamaelephant said:
Wait, 25 hours? By my count it should be 23 hours, 36mins. Have I messed up with the time zones (again)? Dammit, this must mean it's unlocking 9pm here, not 7pm. Arg.
In 1 hour and 30 minutes it should be exactly 24 hours until the game is unlocked.

Keep in mind that some of you guys are still in summertime, thus being an hour later than the rest of us.

New Zealand - Chatham Island * tue 21.45
New Zealand - Wellington * tue 21.00

FISKER_Q said:
In 1 hour and 30 minutes it should be exactly 24 hours until the game is unlocked.

Keep in mind that some of you guys are still in summertime, thus being an hour later than the rest of us.

Dammit dammit dammit. Well, there's no chance that I'm missing out on any play time, so I'm afraid I'll have to go to work looking like a zombie. Curse my 8am starts.

I'm so excited that if a hot naked woman were to rub up against me at 11:59 tomorrow night, I'd tell her to wait a minute.

25hrs 4 minutes!!!!!!

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

unlock! unlock! TWENTY SECONDS TO UNLOCK? BUT I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only 24 hours away for me here in the UK, yet I have school tomorrow. NOOOOOOOOOO.... but YESSSSSSSSSS for HL2 :x :naughty:

Black Mesa corp said:
Only 24 hours away for me here in the UK, yet I have school tomorrow. NOOOOOOOOOO.... but YESSSSSSSSSS for HL2 :x :naughty:

24 hours and 42 minutes actually.

yay! I get to work to pass the time... I might go to bed soon to make it come even faster!

Ahhhhh i love it. Just for the record, ive been around since the original E3 Vids came out. Got i deseve this game:p

WAHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Its out tommorow!

Don't know what I'm so excited for, Im not getting the game till xmas...

24 F**cking Hours Left!!!!!! Can You All Believe It!!!! I Mean A Year Ago We Thought That We'd Be Gettin It!!!! Woot!!!!!!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!! TOMORROW IT IS O___O *faints* OMG OMG OMG OMG :D *going insane*

Is this forum clock correct? Looks about 10 minutes ahead to me.

READ TEH SIGGY! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Hehe wonder how many pages this thread will reach before HL2 is unlocked.

omg 23 hours, 58 minutes!!!111""

Back