The one thing that could ruin HL2 for me - The citadel

They said the game takes places entirely on Earth (which would be City 17 and adjacent areas for Freeman's escapades).

My guess is that at the end of the game you end up teleporting a hydrogen bomb or something to the combine's home world. If we don't travel there ourselves (at least not in HL2) than something drastic will be done to ensure that they are injured beyond repar and can longer be a menace to earth.

I also think that since City 17 is just one area with one Citadel, whatever Freeman & co. do to strike back at the combine will be followed through by resistance fighters in other areas on earth. Essentially, they'll follow your lead. I'm guess the ending will be abrupt and surprising again, since there are no third person sequences or CG cut scenes.

I remember in the first preview of HL2 in the PC Gamer (UK) There was a huge Machine Thingy, can't remember if it was concept tho...mabye I'll try to dig it out

KagePrototype said:
Was that some sort of vague reference to Invader Zim, when that other Invader makes a huge hot dog stand?

Or am I watching Invader Zim too much? :|

Too much? *glances at avatar*

"Who are you?"
"I'm the government man, come from the government. The government sent me."

"For longer than I can remember,
I've been looking for someone like you,

Someone with a head and a torso too.

Birds sing, and YOU'RE GOING TO PAY FOR WHAT YOU DID!

NOW HERE'S SOME MEAT WITH BARBEQUE SAUCE!"

"Terrible! Horrible! NIGHTMARE VISIONS!"
"It's called life Dib, sit down."

"Now prepare your brain, filthy beast of meat and hair, your magical love adventure begins NOW!"

"Gaz! Taste me! I’m delicious!"

"...but I put the fires out."
"You made them worse"
"Worse...or better?"

"Were'nt you banished to Foodcourtia? Shouldn't you be...frying something?"
"Oh, I quit when I found out about this."
"You quit being banished?"

"You're just jealous."
"This has nothing to do with jelly!"

"Your methods are stupid; your progress has been stupid; your intelligence... is... stupid!"

etc. etc. :eek:

Back