The Philosophers Project

Z

zeroxgk

THE PHILOSOPHERS PROJECT

The Philosophers' Project is a Half-Life 2 total coversion modification, based somewhat on Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear Solid series. It will blend the great works of both types of games into one, exciting and well played game. Below we show in limited Detail what the mod is going to be like...The Philosophers Project team is looking for a couple of "new" members to add that are serious, dedicated, and get the job done within a flexible due date and with satisfactory effort put into their part of the mod...

[About]
Here is some detailed data that will likely to be on the mod:

~The Mod will stress important aspects of a game, such as a good story line, character development, and non-stop action to keep the game flow smooth and interesting.

~It will blend the best parts of a stealth action game with both a first person and 3rd person framework, which will please both Metal Gear Solid and Half-Life 2 fans.

~The ficitonal script that will be created will also pretain to the real-life events that are going on during the time set of the mod(Just like MGS3).

~The mod will include two diffrent kinds of enviroments: Jungle and Man-made(Base)

~New Weapons will be included in the game such as:
- SOCOM MK23
- Beretta 92FS(M9, Converted Tranquilizer)
- SAA Revolver
- SVU(Sniper Rifle)
- Saiga 12 (Shotgun)
- OTs-02 Kiparis (SMG)
- Milkor MGL Mk.1 (Grenade Launcher)
- Kalashnikov AK-47 (Assault Rifle)
- M16A2 (Assault Rifle)
- FAMAS (Assault Rifle)
- And more.....

~As the mod goes further, more to this section will be revealed.....

[Story Prologue]

1990, The Gulf War. A conflict that not only included the coalition forces of the United States and the insurgents of Iraq, but was also acted upon by the rest of the political world.

While some of the countries of the United Nations started to eye down every move the Iraqis made in Kuwait, a new, and even bigger threat, was in the process of being created in the most unexpected place and time…

July 1990, People’s Republic of the Congo. A secret rebellion broke out against the demands for a multi-party democracy for the government of the People’s Republic of the Congo. The Mysterious, and as of now Unknown, leader of the rebels had a conference with the president of the People’s Republic, Denis Sassou-Nguesso, about his mandatory demands. The Rebel leader told Mr. President for him to contact the United States and for them to meet his demands, or else he and his men will launch a full scale nuclear war.

Nguesso, knowing that he cannot control this type of situation due to an advent of an unstable government system, does not hesitate to call the United States about the situation.

At first, the US didn’t know if this was some kind of hoax of if it happened to be a real threat, and they didn’t want to transport troops there to make it a public affair or waste them on some half-baked scheme. They decided to send one of their prized tactical spies from REDFOX to do the job, Reina Soldado. Her mission was to find out where the exact location of the Congolese rebels was, what they were planning and eradicate whatever there plan was.

August 14 1990, People’s Republic of the Congo. After a few weeks of heavy surveillance on the rebels, Reina radios in vital information about the construction of a nuclear walking tank that could change warfare as we know it. This project is occurring in a secret base around the highest peak of the Congo, Mount Berongou. Reina also discovers that these rebels weren’t working alone, but were also being supported by Russian forces since the beginning of the revolt.

At 11:45 that night Reina sent her last radio transmission which was overwhelmed by a great amount of static and gunfire in the background. Her message stated, “The legacy has been fulfilled.” Baffled by this last transmission their agent sent, REDFOX has no clue if she had a weak signal, was captured by the enemy or worse…

August 15 1990, REDFOX agency, USA. With the US leaving this whole engagement with the REDFOX agency, the department has no other option but to end it. Without them knowing if Reina is capable of completing her mission, the agency has to send a back-up team to accomplish it for her.

Amongst these collaborating spies is a man entrusted with a legendary codename… A man with the alias of Snake

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The few jobs we NEED to acquire at this point for the PHilosophers Project would be:

~Co-Leader(1 needed only)- I really need somone else experienced to work beside me, It would help if they had any experience with mods at all in any way, shape or form.

~Level Designer(1-2 needed)- This person has to have experience with the Metal Gear Solid Series and the way the levels are created in the game. Even though this job is not actually creating the 3-d enviroment itself, you have to be innovative other-wise.

~Script Writers(2 needed)- We NEED at least 2 script writers to create a well constructed script for the mod. You NEED to be a pro at any of the Metal Gear Solid Script(s){Preferably MGS3} and story.<-- This is a must

~Story Writer(2 needed)- This person is also one of the more improtant people for the mod. You need to know everything about the MGS series inside out. This person has to work with me on creating the perfect story-line for the mod, also has to work with the script writer. It would also be a big help if the story writer is the Co-leader....

~WebDesginer(1 needed)- This is a Position that needs to be filled ASAP. I need a website that is nice looking and effective for the public. This person needs to be fluent in HTML, PHP etc.

If you would like a little more information on The Philosophers Project check our website: http://mgp.hl2files.com or our moddb page: http://mods.moddb.com/5541/The-Philosophers-Project/

NOTE: (Site has been used for awhile but moddb site has been recently updated with new media)

Here are the various ways you can contact me:
Email: [email protected]
AIM: SpYkE RoCa (not used that often)
MSN messenger: [email protected]

Thank you for your time.....

Shouldn't this be in Help Wanted?

And i'm not saying it's bad but, have all your HL2.net posts been 'help wanted' for your mod?

non-stop action
Generally 'non-stop action' is actually a bad idea for an SP mod. You don't want to tire your players out, as generally this is where they'll reach for the save and quit button. Level/game design is more about mixing it up. If you go for all out action the player won't be able to remember any one seminal moment of heart-pounding gameplay, just a series of in-your-face encounters without respite.

"non-stop action" doesn't actually mean "non-stop action"... it's just one of those things mod teams say... like "jaw dropping visuals" or "innovative gameplay".

:p

Oops sorry, I kind of rushed this post and I was a little tired when i did it, I sort of forgot that this had to go into 'Help Wanted', sorry about that. And also like Fluffy Kitten said, it doesnt mean like ALL the time your shooting somone or kicking the crap out of somone. Its just somthing we say without thinking too hard :)

Yeah, sorry to jump on you. It's just that I'm a non-stop pedant, you see.

I love the sound of this mod. If you can get it done then it'll be awesome!

Good luck :)

I wish your mod every drop of luck, have you dealt with IP stuff yet though?

Also hang around HL2.net more, it's a good forum.

Back