The Riddle Thread

Nope - it's got nothing to do with riddles, I can tell you that.

It's sort of lateral thinking. There's a good reason why you probably want it if you're reading the riddle.

Hehe I guess that's true but nope, the anwser doesn't relate to riddles or answers or things like that. It's not really a trick question, it's just one of those ones that you need to think outside the limits you're placing on your own thinking before you can get the answer :)

Edit: I can start giving hints if anyone wants me to.

Nope :)

There's a logical reason for the answer, not a sarcastic one or a trick question one or anything. Want a hint?

Edit: bad hint..

hehe i won.... i know the answer to this one too, logic, do you have any more ?

I can come up with some more if you want, but it's getting late so I might get some sleep....

Anyway, I'm still trying to figure out this 7 children one.... :rolling:

You're in sydney australia too? (if not, it happens to be 1 am here too :) )

I have a few hsc exams tomorrow, so I should probably sleep :cheese:

I personally couldn't give a flying armpit about them though, I have my life all planned out already, I just need to get to work on it. I don't need no stinkin HSC.

hehe, trial exams huh, yeah im in newcastle a few ks north of ya.

i finished my trials last friday, they sucked majorly big style. what plans have u got for ur life? games tester?

Originally posted by cameronjames
what plans have u got for ur life? games tester?
LOL I should be insulted :LOL:

Nah, I'm a composer and an audio engineer (I've been getting a degree in audio engineering while I've been doing my HSC actually), and I'm planning on working in the game industry as an all-round sound\music guy. I've already had interest from a few companies with reguards to my music, and I'm pretty confident I can pull it off. From there I want to move into film music, and if I manage to make it big there, and I'm financially comfortable, I'll just be composing for my own experimentation and hopefully releasing music, as well as travelling the world performing my music with orchestras etc. Of course, all that's just long term dreaming - my immediate goal is solid work in a game company. If I can pull that off within the next year (which I'm confident I can), I'll be well on my way.

He didn't say the other half must be girls, did he :)
Just let 4 (or more) of them be boys, 4>3.5 then half of all children must be also boys or not.
Btw logic the Half Life 2 one was not bad :)

Originally posted by Logic
Could be an egg that hatches...

btw I just thought of a riddle, so I bags saying the next one :cheese:

Sorry I was gone for a bit, yeah you got the answer first.

My turn I guess... ok this one's kinda tough, I saw it somewhere back in school (and couldn't solve it)

What comes next?

I know that one! :E

3: can be described as "one three". So next we write that:
13: can be deskribed as "one one, one three".
1113: "three one, one three"
311311222113: "one three, two one, one three, two one, three two, two one, one three"

So the answer is:

Idolon was right, go make another one :)

and Mr. Hat, I don't see the problem with this one... nvm

Here you go:

In the eyes it causes blindness,
in the nose just a sneeze;
Yet some suck this down,
and act as if pleased.

well... "some kind of drug" is kind of close.
But I shouldn't say too much.
Ok... that was too much.

I usually don't pour alcohol down my nose so I really wouldn't know but...
It doesn't make you sneeze! right? :)

You are incorrect!

Back