The Site..

G

GOoch

Its been a while since ive visited Halflife2.net. The recent intrest in TF2 got me back here, i must say that its still as good as it used to be, same people on here not sure about the mods, looks like Munro is still running the show :O

Well done fellas...

Oh! I remember you!

Welcome back, Its not what it used to be but its good enough to waste some time on every now and again :)

Hey mate, I remember you too :D

I, and most of the orginal staff are still here, workin away :D

No, his evil monkeys do.
No...not even they do, his email box has been renamed the recycle bin. But keep sending them, you never know.

Anyhow, i don't believe the site is in tip-top condition compared to how it was, but it's still pretty damn good. We are working on bringing it back to it's former glory once again. Good to see you again.

we've got all kinds of cool things in the works too :)

I did actually apply for a position, I sent it to munro@, but as you guys seem to say, he doesn't check his e-mail :(

What position did you apply for? Did someone put an advert in the paper or something?

It would be cool if people could select which theme to use. I preferred the lighter colors of the old one. Simple and sexy design that was ;)

how could you have been here for the old skin? you just joined today!

Oh snap you got me there. I posted that purely on the speculation that there must have been a brighter theme at one point ;)

No but seriously - why would I mention it otherwise? I'm just not a big fan of posting or registrations. I've visited this site plenty of times over the past couple of years.

ahahaha, it wasn't THAT much brighter. i liked it better as well though.

Isn't he referring to the tan one? That was much lighter. I mean it used a black font color right?

I say having multiple themes is bad because people can't effectivly hide text or get a signature with tasteful colors because it will look bad on the theme that user isn't using.

yes - I was referring to the tan theme with black text.

As for the tasteful color matching:

the colors both themes use are "similar enough" to warrant a dual theme role. As for matting issues (transparent gif's) - did you happen see that vB now offers a cool pngreplace script for old IE 6.0 users who normally can't benefit from transparent png files? Cool stuff. I've deployed it to our own vB forums and it works great.

[ps] to make my point - look at the IM gifs in your postbit - they appear to still carry the matte value from the old tan theme

Its been a while since ive visited Halflife2.net. The recent intrest in TF2 got me back here, i must say that its still as good as it used to be, same people on here not sure about the mods, looks like Munro is still running the show :O

Well done fellas...

:LOL:

Hmmm... something strange about the main page... can't quite put my finger on it, though...

Well the only thing i don't like is that the front page isn't up to date...i mean there was a lot of stuff / news since the Dark Messiah of Might & Magic Demo Released. For example: http://www.isotx.com/forums/index.php?topic=1895.0
a trailer of the mod Irion Grip....

Update: oh, and now it's on the frontpage.....

This site will suck your balls through your computer monitor and right into munros mouth.

hl2.net should have a Picture of the Day, how about it?

Since we're not allowed sig picture, can we at least have a picture of the day?

Since we're not allowed sig picture, can we at least have a picture of the day?
I'm not sure how not having one, warrents the other. I'd like to look around in your head for 5 minutes.

It's been considered before, we've thought about it and the general concensus currently is that it's not going to happen- although i supported it.

Back