The Special Edition Pack

songwriter

Reaction score
After Getting this infomation from the horses mouth....
(im not calling Gabe a Horse btw)

What do you want to be in it?

Behind the scenes CD/DVD?
CD Soundtrack?
Cool Lil Book thing full of pretty Pictures?

Anything else you'd want?

I'd love some concept art (i.e. cool lil book full of pretty pictures) and a behind the scenes dvd in the special. I can't really think of anything I would add. lol, maybe a combine or headcrab action figure (now with real machine gun action!).

i think a DVD with behind the scenes, interviews, and concept art would be cool.

All of it, and a headcrab cuddly toy to scale... hmmm a mouse in the shape of a headcrab?

How about a scientist action model and a headcrab that u can attach to its head to turn it into a zombie.

ALL OF IT :D

Hey u know the first 2 lvls in the E3 video when there talking about the graphics and shit, They should put those lvls on a disc just so u can have every aspect of the game.

It would be a good pre-game demo.

I suggested a free Gabe Newell in each one, but haven't heard back from Valve.
Really though, a figurine of something would rock.

i dunno if anyone remembers, but after awhile for Aliens Vs Predator Gold had a special offer where you could send away for a plush/beanie facehugger. i think that would be cool to do with the headcrab, or have it in the special box. but i aggree with the behind the scenes DVD, ive always wanted to know what the offices at Valve are like, its sounds fun.

hey someone ripping off my name.. I bet he's the one that always nicks it off me on other forums :flame: only joking dude...but i am the only true Stone...

anywho, i want either A gordon or Barney Action figure :p.... or even better the G-man :D or maybe all three :cheese:

Id like the game to be in there for starters, then maybe a little scaled down crow bar or a little gorden and barny figue. a hl2 tshirt is another idea, i also like the making of dvd and the half life media that we've been waiting on because by the sounds of things, thats the closest time we will get it.

I like the crow bar idea, and a poster would be cool to.

I dont understand this thing though, how will you get a special edition??? Will they have a row of normals, then 10 special editions?? As if you would pick up the normal? Should i be first at the shop??? Explain!!!:)

Fuzy

the crow bar would have to be real though, so i can chase the family cat,

...little bastard

the special edition would be say 10 dollers more (in crappy aussie money) so cheap bastards can get the normal, and true hl2 fans get get more stuff

I really wish more gaming companies would go with DVD's instead of multi-cd sets. I am sick of having to insert cd's one after another like the old floppy days when the technology is there and a majority of us have DVD drives in our computers. As for an extra I would like to see a blowup Alyx doll. :)

yeah but unfortunately they have to suit everybody's needs and not everyone has a DVD drive.. THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOVLE AROUND YOU

Originally posted by TAZ
I really wish more gaming companies would go with DVD's instead of multi-cd sets. I am sick of having to insert cd's one after another like the old floppy days when the technology is there and a majority of us have DVD drives in our computers. As for an extra I would like to see a blowup Alyx doll. :)
i don't have a dvd drive on my computer.. i don't want to have to buy one.

Perhaps the world doesn't revolve around him but it doesn evolve..

I want a behind the scenes DVD LOOONG with laods of useless crap only a true geek would love. A t-shirt wouldn't be bad either.

tf2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11:bounce: :bounce:

I think for the special edition they should on each cd modify something in game in the single-player maps (something that wouldn't make it not recognize the supposed ".bsp" file as a dif. version if played cooperative)...... or how about each one having a hard-copy style mail-in form wear you mail in your name and short motto etc. and then they build one huge awsome map with a big wall in it that lists everyone's name and motto who bought the kewl version, and force you to download it on steam.. so then evry1 is like Oh no why didn't i buy teh' kewl version i could have my name their... also make it a wicked deathmatch map or something..
EDIT- or since evry1 is clamoring for the tech demo map have a room in their with all the names

Originally posted by Aethaecyn
I think for the special edition they should on each cd modify something in game in the single-player maps (something that wouldn't make it not recognize the supposed ".bsp" file as a dif. version if played cooperative)...... or how about each one having a hard-copy style mail-in form wear you mail in your name and short motto etc. and then they build one huge awsome map with a big wall in it that lists everyone's name and motto who bought the kewl version, and force you to download it on steam.. so then evry1 is like Oh no why didn't i buy teh' kewl version i could have my name their... also make it a wicked deathmatch map or something..
EDIT- or since evry1 is clamoring for the tech demo map have a room in their with all the names
you're insane. really.

An HL2 logo, 'acid glass style' vinyl stiker for ya PC case window.
A crowbar keyring, maybe even make it a bottle opener.
Holograhic images printed on CD's.
Black T-Shirt with small HL2 logo in orange.
HL2 Pen and Poster.

the logo of HL2 for my keys
or some stikers to put on my tower
or a poster

Originally posted by Lex Talionis
An HL2 logo, 'acid glass style' vinyl stiker for ya PC case window.
A crowbar keyring, maybe even make it a bottle opener.
Holograhic images printed on CD's.
Black T-Shirt with small HL2 logo in orange.
HL2 Pen and Poster.

Best ideas yet...

Kinda to sum up so far...

DVD Behind the Scenes
T Shirt
a Action Figure
Stickers
and Key Ring sounds like the favs so far

I like the crowbar key chain bottle opener idea!

I'm guessing we'll see nice printed cards with the art from the other box designs printed on them (I'm pretty sure the WCIII special edition pack had something like that).

Other than that, I'd say a nice big, well-designed poster would be awesome! And who can turn down a plush headcrab???

Id like a lighter in the shape of the manipulator gun so when you light it, a blue fame comes out.

that may be a little too much

also the special box could have an extra bonus wepon that the normal one dosent get or a graphics patch for hl1 that replaces the old models with the new ones(prob not possible though)

Originally posted by FAK3R
yeah but unfortunately they have to suit everybody's needs and not everyone has a DVD drive.. THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOVLE AROUND YOU

A poll surveyed on IGN a while back shows that over 90% of computer owners own a DVD drive, so if your willing to upgrade your computer to play HL2 maybe you should get one moron. And by the way, the world doesn't revolve around me, the whole bloody universe does! :)

And I didn't say the retail version, we are talking about the special edition version, and if you can afford a special edition version you can surely afford a 50 dollar DVD drive for your computer. Get with the times, DVD's are in as they hold a lot more data then a regular cd. Or would you rather have them put it on 1000 1.44 meg 3½ inch floppies?? Or is that to advanced for you also?

Dude your retarded, 90% do NOT own dvd drives... perhaps 90% of gamers who visit a gaming website do! which is actually a VERY small percentage of total computer users, and aside from that how many people voted like a couple thousand? I HATE HATE HATE IGN I hope they get haxxed to hell.. a couple thousand isn't a lot in the face of millions of computers in america, you ever heard of in information gathering doing so from a random base of people, not from a particular group like people looking for gaming news?
EDIT- oh yea, and half life 1 sold/is still selling how many copies? and how many of those people voted at IGN? yea think for a moment about your arguements b4 you post em bud

yeah the crowbar as a bottle opener would really rock!! and action figures too!!

Originally posted by Aethaecyn
Dude your retarded, 90% do NOT own dvd drives... perhaps 90% of gamers who visit a gaming website do! which is actually a VERY small percentage of total computer users, and aside from that how many people voted like a couple thousand? I HATE HATE HATE IGN I hope they get haxxed to hell.. a couple thousand isn't a lot in the face of millions of computers in america, you ever heard of in information gathering doing so from a random base of people, not from a particular group like people looking for gaming news?

Seriously, why don't you shut the hell up man. Everyone I know has a DVD drive in their computer, that is anyone with a computer capable of running a game like HL2. Sure if you have a slow computer in the pre 500 mhz days, you are unlikely to have one, but even some of them have DVD drives. I believe at least, if not more, then the asformentioned 90% have DVD drive. And if you don't have one, then maybe you should get one, because the sooner more idiots like you that think the world revolves around them so they don't need to upgrade, the sooner we will see games on DVD's and better games that have min requirements of at least 2 ghz so we don't have to 'scale back' like VALVE is doing to make their great game run on slow computers because mommy won't give you 50 bucks to go get a DVD drive.

I love to Flame people with slow computers or outdated hardware and still complain that a game runs choppy when their computer barely meets the min requirements. And if you have an uber-computer , then obviously you can afford a DVD drive , so go get one.. they are cheaper then the damn game is going to be.

Action figure, t-shirt, art book, crowbar of some kind (on a keychain would be very cool!) all great ideas. Behind the scenes DVD, no thank you. I mean, really, what are they going to show? A bunch of pasty faced programmers basking in the glow of their CRT's while hammering away at a keyboard? That's certainly not the most compelling subject. Perhaps instead a day by day designers diary of some sort starting from the completion of Half-Life 1 and going all the through to the gold release of Half-Life 2 would excellent.

Originally posted by TAZ
A poll surveyed on IGN a while back shows that over 90% of computer owners own a DVD drive
You mean 90% of the people who managed to find their way to IGN and actually bothered to vote in the poll have DVD-ROM drives.
Get with the times, DVD's are in as they hold a lot more data then a regular cd. Or would you rather have them put it on 1000 1.44 meg 3½ inch floppies?
No, I prefer two CD's that you only have to swap once during installation. After that, you just use the play disc and never give it a second thought.

Back