The Special Edition Pack

Originally posted by Aethaecyn
Dude your retarded, 90% do NOT own dvd drives... perhaps 90% of gamers who visit a gaming website do! which is actually a VERY small percentage of total computer users, and aside from that how many people voted like a couple thousand?

heh nah id agree with 90% because all my uncles and aunties that ahve computers ahve a dvd drive and even a cd-rewriter. ones 80 ffs :D

Kam

I would never watch a DVD , in fact ill probably just buy the regular version , when I get collecters editions I usually never even bother with the extras. So unless they are gameplay or game related (Extra models or something , Extra levels) I wont buy it. (The Collecters Edition)

1) Poster
2) CD with high quality models, renders, etc of game art.

A book of artwork I'd have no use for - what are you going to do--put it on your coffee table? Far better to have it in the computer in native format where you can do cool stuff with it.

T-Shirt would make the box pretty bulky.

Keychain would be cool.

Extra game content would just be shared instantly over the net so no point there.

I want a lot of content about the making of the game... i find that stuff fascinating.

a) they made a stuffed/beanbag facehugger for AvP, which was neat. HL2 should do somthing a little bit cooler and original though

b) wow, i cant belive you dug this thread back up snake

I want 4 miniature (app. 2-inch tall) bobble-head dolls, one each of Gordon, Alyx, Barney, and the G-man. I would set them on my monitor.

-kill-9

P.S. - My second choice would be Pez dispensers.

To settle the DVD dispute...go check out the Valve Info thread, because in there Gabe mentions that they will be releasing the game on BOTH CDs and DVDs and he doesn't know how many CDs it'll be yet. Maybe they'll release the Special Edition on both as well, who knows. Someone go email Gabe and stop complaining about DVD drives.

-Syko

Originally posted by Chris_D
...a headcrab cuddly toy to scale...

ALL OF IT :D

Now that's a good idea! Fits on your face - and just in time for Halloween! (have to build in a peephole tho so you'z can see where you're going)

Valve should seriously liscence action figures. They're sitting on a freakin' goldmine!
Gordon figure with crowbar swing action,
Hollow rubber headcrabs that fit on his head,
G-man figure with stand still and stare attack, etc.

valve could sell the demo at 1000 bucks a piece pre-release and sit on a goldmine

Back