The Subtle Effects You Might Have Missed...

Originally posted by Spiffae

(Gamespot video 2:
-The shadow cast by the bundle of I-Beams as they swing back and forth changes size and shape relative to the light source.

I just noticed something. In that scene, there are three outdoor lights that lit the swinging beam. But it only cast a single shadow. In fact, all the people below have just one shadow, even when they are walking between the lights. Did anyone else noticed this in other scene?

and the wooden things in the doorway, which Gordon breaks with his trusty crowbar, casts a wierd shadow.
its more like the walls doesn't cast a shadow at all...
looks wierd.

man.. stop overanalyzing things.. everything that sucks now is going to be changed. its just a e3 show thing.. not the final game.. sjeesh!

Totally right Evil.. Valve has all the time in the world to change those MINOR problems ^_^

this kind of consirned me about the lighting
Halflife06.jpg

Look at the way the shadows of the soldiers and the shadows of the big post monument thingies are going, not that this is goning to make me say i am never going to buy this game but just something i noticed no big woop.

Originally posted by EVIL
man.. stop overanalyzing things.. everything that sucks now is going to be changed. its just a e3 show thing.. not the final game.. sjeesh!

No kidding. Some people seem to have a little too much free time on their hands.

Originally posted by Dr.Sbaitso
...the way the shadows of the soldiers and the shadows of the big post monument thingies are going...[/B]

Don't forget the showdow of the military vehicle. This problem is to obvious for them to not fix it. Indeed there are other outdoor scenes with Combine Solders that don't have this problem.

Actually this is my favorite screenshot, it looks so damn real.

Outside with the Combine :)

Not sure if this has been posted before, The threads that long i cant be assed to read it , The Build is from september even though your getting the pics from E3.....
ValVe odviousiy thought the build was good enough to show so they did..
You dont think were going to let the retail out like that do you.?

Spiffae at the start of the thread you said that Doom 3 was using all the Direct X shaders it could. Doom 3's OpenGL, not Direct X.

The shadow concerns are pretty old. I believe those pics date back to last September. As already stated, these defects are very obvious and will surely be fixed (if they haven't been already).

I mean damn there's even a couple of nice-looking models of construction workers going about their construction work

I don't think they are just going about thier work... one of them has a shotgun. (Unless city17 is so unsafe everyone carries a firearm)

hl2 better than doom3

have you seen the doom3 e3 teaser? some of the monsters don´t react on a hit, they move forward as if there was nothing. that sucks.

and to come back to gamespot video 5:
a very nice effect is when the flying thing comes up and the electricity lines begin to shake around.

i don´t know if someone has written it, because i didn´t read the whole thread

Back