The Suprise Is Here! (Proof)

this is great marketing.

i recently re-installed windows on my main gaming rig, after making a back-up of HL2 and CS:S....i had wondered what HL2 was downloading when i installed it again!

surprised everyone just automatically thought HL2DM, and not co-op.

It also occurs to me that all players will appear as resistance members...and the opposing team will be in the combine uniforms, regardless of what side you are on.

This news is welcome, but even with the addition, i cannot give the game a better rating than 70%....playing 5 minutes and then getting a 2-3 min load just sucks in SP...sure it looks great, and i understand why the loads are so long...but that doesn't make them good.

whoa.. 2-3 mins? Takes me around 10 seconds(with a slightly better comp)

DoctorGordon3 said:
I'll believe this when im actually playing it.

Naming the pic HL2DM.jpg seems a subtle, but all too clear message.

cadaveca said:
This news is welcome, but even with the addition, i cannot give the game a better rating than 70%....playing 5 minutes and then getting a 2-3 min load just sucks in SP...sure it looks great, and i understand why the loads are so long...but that doesn't make them good.

Okay, this is completely off-topic and so is my reply but you can't rate a game poorly because your PC doesn't load it fast enough.. You must have something wrong with your setup because there's no way it should be taking that long to load up :)

cadaveca said:
this is great marketing.

i recently re-installed windows on my main gaming rig, after making a back-up of HL2 and CS:S....i had wondered what HL2 was downloading when i installed it again!

surprised everyone just automatically thought HL2DM, and not co-op.

It also occurs to me that all players will appear as resistance members...and the opposing team will be in the combine uniforms, regardless of what side you are on.

Load times could be better placed thats for sure and shorter, but man cadaveca ever since i joined this site you have always been negative bout everything that you say or that comes up....give it a break already man, for yourself! :angel:

i dont care if the load times where 10 mins its still the best game of all time. + it takes me like 3 - 10 secs to load and im runing a 2.53 ti 4600 128mb 512 rd ram.

It takes me maybe a minute on highest settings (which I shouldn't even be playing it at because of only 512MB and a GF4 64MB video card. But it just looks so damn good! :D)

whew, after reading a bunch of pages i'll have my say..
woo hoo!
While HL1DM wasn't the greatest, the advances of HL2 make THIS DM extremely awesome. I just hope, as was mentioned, that the surprise is not the ANNOUNCEMENT, but rather the release..
But woo hoo either way! :bounce:

Don't want to get any major hopes up, but there is a BIG-TIME SQUIGGLE on the Steam status page...

nbk said:
whoa.. 2-3 mins? Takes me around 10 seconds(with a slightly better comp)
um...fx-55 and 2gb(2-2-2-5) of ram not fast enough? fresh install of windows ...besides which, i have 3 different pc's at home, and literally 25 at work....all of them exhibit the same issues at the same points. I just think completely dumping textures and re-loading a whole new set is not nessecary. the system in my sig takes quite a while to load, but that is proly because of the 512mb of ram.

Agent.M said:
Load times could be better placed thats for sure and shorter, but man cadaveca ever since i joined this site you have always been negative bout everything that you say or that comes up....give it a break already man, for yourself! :angel:

regardless, i'm not being negative..i just know how to seperate my feelings from my thoughts...i actually find it quite exciting that they have released such a system punishing game so early. it bodes well for the future of gaming...heck..look how popular the first has been....even after 6 years! I expect the second to last just as long!
but really, enabling the console lowers the load times...wonder why that is?
Raziel-Jcd said:
i dont care if the load times where 10 mins its still the best game of all time. + it takes me like 3 - 10 secs to load and im runing a 2.53 ti 4600 128mb 512 rd ram.

Ah, it seems as thought the game is more friendly to p-4's.....and you are not running in dx9...so there is less being loaded on your system than mine.

I just think that rather than releasing more content(which i want just as bad as you all do), there are more serious issues at hand. It's quite obvious to me(and you all have to remember that this is MY OPINION, you don't have to agree or even like it)that this news is just a marketing move to get people hyped about the game again. (someone at valve must have taken the guerilla marketing course i took!)

We all know that valve reads these forums...and that's the only reason i have posted....i recall gabe saying he couldn't wait to see how people reacted...well here's my reaction. notice i am not bashing anyone here...i leave that to the kids.

the whole reason for my low rating is that this game behaves quite like a console game, in my perspective...if i wanted that, i'd have the x-box version!

**** Yeah! HL2DM. Im a huge fan of HLDM so this is gonna rock! :)

azz0r said:
Its alright all you people saying you dont like CSS and bla bla...but go look at the number of people playing HLDM compared to CS - then tell me that you guys would support and REALLY want HL2DM.

After the initial sparkle wears off you guys will dump it quicker than a ragdoll off a cliff, whereas the CS players are extremely loyal.

that is the saddest thing i've ever heard... i can't believe how pathetic it is to hear that you are "loyal" to a game.... get a life dude

Zeus said:
Whats the big deal really about DM, CS:Source is fine.

CS:Source is a fun game, but it isn't the same kind of multiplayer as DM. DM is much more fast paced, much more unrealistic (perhaps in more good ways than bad) and has different weapons.

MuTiLaTeD said:
that is the saddest thing i've ever heard... i can't believe how pathetic it is to hear that you are "loyal" to a game.... get a life dude

you know the saddest thing i've ever heard? people with 1 post, and it was used as an insult. your saying we don't have a life? we keep ourselves occupied, while you do your best to put others down... thats wats pathetic.

Tantalus said:
you know the saddest thing i've ever heard? people with 1 post, and it was used as an insult. your saying we don't have a life? we keep ourselves occupied, while you do your best to put others down... thats wats pathetic.

oh i'm sorry i don't waste my time posting on forums

Half Life: Source has been enabled

Logged Out, then logged back in. Half Life: Source Is now enabled meaning I can play HL1 single player using the source engine. It gives you the option of playing any of the chapters from the "new" game screen meaning you can only play the chapters you want to and do not have to play the whole game (unless you want to..

I only have the option to create a Counter Strike Dedicated server using the source dedicated server module though.

MuTiLaTeD said:
oh i'm sorry i don't waste my time posting on forums

:dozey: What the **** are you doing now? Anyways, I do find being loyal to a game quite odd. But, being loyal to the creators is a different thing.

Oh great, now I can't login! :p Going to have to wait until I get back from college by the looks of it.

Edit: took a while but I'm in and updated! :D

can i ask something? on the half life: source shortcut is this the full address or i am wrong?
"F:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 220 -game hl1 -console

Deathmatch = boring. Yes, even with physics.
Guess I'm more of a team-based shooter myself. It alows tactics, where deathmatich is total brainless shooting and alot of luck involved.

Back