The Theory of Half Life (Long)

Did they really say Race-X didn't exist?
eyebrow.gif

Because I think even if they were a little odd, they still fit in fine with the story. So does everything in Opposing Force.

EDIT: Therefore I consider it all canon. If it contained anything that actually contradicted Half-Life, then I might think differently.

It could also be very far out there as we don't really know what the g-man is able to do as of now, imagine this : The g-man created an alternate string/universe where Race-x arrived, just to test Adrians capability at the same extent he tested Gordon.

It's not the most liable theory, but it's not impossible either.

Sulkdodds said:
Did they really say Race-X didn't exist?
eyebrow.gif

Because I think even if they were a little odd, they still fit in fine with the story. So does everything in Opposing Force.

I specifically remember Valve confimring it. Thats why i stubbornly refuse to include them :E

Actually, Laidlaw said they *did* exist, but weren't important to the central storyline. Laidlaw oversaw the story in the Expansions, to make sure they didn't step on any toes, but what appeared should be taken as truth, although an unimportant aspect of it.

And Combine aren't likely genetically modified, Think how much work itd take to change every cell in a human body. Rather, they are mechanically augmented, and have certain biological changes forced on them (such as the pumpung full of saline).

-Angry Lawyer

Race X do exist, actually. But like AL said, they won't be continued.

:hmph: okay, you beat me.
Apologies to riomhaire. :cheers:
Anyway, ill start writing my Xen-lifefrom section in the next few days, and ill send it to AL before posting it on the forums :E

Back