the verdict is in: Jack Thompson permanently disbarred

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
In a press release, the controversial former attorney, who described himself as "nationally and internationally known by virtue of his effective and successful opposition over the last 20 years to the broadcast, marketing and sale of adult-rated entertainment to children," announced that the Florida Supreme Court has accepted the recommendation of Judge Dava Tunis and disbarred him from practicing law.

Despite Tunis' statement that her recommendation was the result of "cumulative misconduct, a repeated pattern of behavior relentlessly forced upon numerous unconnected individuals, a total lack of remorse or even slight acknowledgment of inappropriate conduct," Thompson believes there's a more conspiratorial bent to his disbarment. "This disbarment is in retaliation, among other things, for Thompson's Tyndale House book Out of Harm's Way, published in 2005, which blew the whistle on the Florida Supreme Court's earlier efforts in the 1990's to literally pathologize his faith-based and successful activism against the American entertainment industry," the ex-lawyer claimed in his statement.

huzzah, there is justice ...now lets hope someone far more capable doesnt take Jack's place as the video game Chicken Little

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/86463-Jack-Thompson-Disbarred

Not gonna lie, I'll miss him in a lot of ways. Hell, he was responsible for a good chunk of the BS I read off most major gaming publications/websites. I'll miss the nerdrage and lulz he incited.

I won't miss his attempt to promote censorship and fascist legislation and his outright harassment of innocent and uninvolved peoples though.

actually we'll probably see a lot of wacko jacko in the coming years ..i'm sure he'll hit the lecture curcuit at christian schools and conservative groups ..which gives us ample opportunities with lols without the rage that comes from litigation

Excellent news! To celebrate I think I'll go shoot some people.

oh noes, now i wont be able to tell the difference between the real world and pixels.

Florida, you got this one right.

You can't be a lawyer AND a stalker, Jack. Only for so long.

I look forward to his final break down, oh man, it'll make Britney Spears bender look soft.

Oh my God. No-one to tell me that my video games are not real. No-one to remind me that these games belong in the hands of someone 10 years older. No-one to inform me that there's a real world out there.

Shit, games might just get better.

He still has a whole month to conduct bullshit!

You mean Jackie Chiles right?

jackie3.jpg

Eh, we haven't seen the last of Jacko. The only thing that's changed is that now he's a vigilante asshole.

Like... Batman?

THE ADVENTURES OF BAT THOMPSON

but was he really ever a threat?

i think not, poor guy

yes a very real threat ..his crusades against Rockstar and take two cost them millions in lost revenue

finacially, but i was thinking more along the lines of the gaming industry accepting his idea of standards, which is very scary.

ya but that's not going to happen because the gaming industry would never agree to anything put forth by thompson unless they were legislated into doing so ...anyways thompson was a shrill voice in anti-gaming, there's far more capable people like Leeland Lee and Hilary Clinton

Back