Theorizing about Combine Origin

How can anything diffuse out into space? Surely for something to move out into space, there would have to be greater relative gravity effecting it than that of the Earth? What difference does mass make?
Not saying anyone is wrong, just curious?

there could be some truth to this fungi idea. Ive known plenty of guys on campus that fit the description of nothing more than slightly intelligent mold.

Walkman said:
there could be some truth to this fungi idea. Ive known plenty of guys on campus that fit the description of nothing more than slightly intelligent mold.
:LOL:
"There's a fungus among us"

pomegranate said:
How can anything diffuse out into space? Surely for something to move out into space, there would have to be greater relative gravity effecting it than that of the Earth? What difference does mass make?
Not saying anyone is wrong, just curious?

I can't really explain it myself, but I heard it on a documentary. Apparently fungi and bacteria already live in space too. Here are some related links:
http://www.infoplease.com/spot/spacefungus1.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/not_in_website/syndication/monitoring/media_reports/1209034.stm

U will see Breen talking to a big-bug creature at black energy...and this guy is the real combine...

the combine are the humans, in the last level when you're headed for breen's lab you'll see someone cross you with red nightvision goggles stuck in his head. This happens before you reach that red beam where the turret takes you picture (when your sitting in those pods)

If you mean the stalkers, no that are not *the* combine. That are crippled human slaves. And the "nightvision" thingy on their head is actually some kind of restriction, those two lids on the side can be closed so they don't see anything. But this isn't too clear just from what you see while driving/floating by, you actually have to look at the models to recognize this.

/E: I suppose you mean this guy:

I read somewhere that the combine were just another human esque race in another universe, and they started relying more and more on technology to sustain themselves longer and make their lives more enjoyable, but they started to depend more and more on the technology they themselves created, losing more and more human features from less and less activity, developing into a race of... whatever they are now... I think its valve saying that this is what technology is doing to us and blah blah blah...

AndroidXP said:
/E: I suppose you mean this guy:
Does anyone else think it looks like it's dancing?

Takaitokuten said:
I read somewhere that the combine were just another human esque race in another universe, and they started relying more and more on technology to sustain themselves longer and make their lives more enjoyable, but they started to depend more and more on the technology they themselves created, losing more and more human features from less and less activity, developing into a race of... whatever they are now... I think its valve saying that this is what technology is doing to us and blah blah blah...
In raising the bar

You can see Combine world when the Citadel teleport forms portal to their planet and emit orange particles. These particles is some sort of mirror and you can see Combine world-its some city with many towers.
Sorry I havent screenshot.

Back